www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > VW TDI Discussion Areas > TDI Power Enhancements

TDI Power Enhancements Discussions about increasing the power of your TDI engine. i.e. chips, injectors, powerboxes, clutches, etc. Handling, suspensions, wheels, type discussion should be put into the "Upgrades (non TDI Engine related)" forum. Non TDI vehicle related postings will be moved or removed. Please note the Performance Disclaimer.

Old February 27th, 2018, 01:46   #16
AFNquattro

Checked the whole vacuum system no leaks no nothing, my valves work and I'm gona take the turbo out again. I can't seem to find another issiue so disassembling the turbo is so far the only option I can think of. Has any one had a similar problem??
AFNquattro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 27th, 2018, 06:41   #17
bhodgkiss
Veteran Member

Are you still on the standard and original 2.5bar MAP sensor?
AFN Wagon | Fjord Blue | BV43 | 11mm IP | R520 | PD Lift Pump | Ported head | 3bar MAP | SRE Clutch | FHN G'box | Forge FMIC | PD130 intake | EGR delete | Decat | Custom Remap | Porsche 4-pot 312mm Brakes | KW V1 | Carbon Upper Strut Brace, RS4 Lower | H&R 32mm Front ARB | Whiteline Rear ARB | OZ Ultraleg 18" Satin Black | OEM Xenons | Bucket seats | Battery & washer bottle in boot | 100kg removed |
bhodgkiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 27th, 2018, 06:42   #18
Mongler98
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: Race: 12mpg, Gandma:65mpg

did you replace the lines? Did you test them? just because they test ok, does not mean that old dry rotted lines wont leak when running and shaking about. replace all your lines one at a time, with either oem or silicone high quality lines. clean out any oil that may be building up in said lines, check the air box for oil drips from the lines and same with n75 valve. I am highly suspect of your MAP sensor. i think your ecu is not getting the right values for the turbos work. either MAP or lines.
Mongler98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 27th, 2018, 10:43   #19
AFNquattro

It is the stock map, but if its malfunctioning there should be an error code on the diagnostics and it should not read any values. The only fault code it had was from the overboosting, the map still read values when we tested and it went up to 2570mbar and if you held it longer it would bog down. I don't think it is from the vacuum lines because the car ran fine before the turbo swap. It doesn't make any sence, and yes all lines were tested, there was no oil in the system and there weren't any clogged lines.
Old February 27th, 2018, 12:35   #20
Mongler98
Veteran Member

Stock map with a changed turbo config,
isnt this the issue? how would a turbo act up like this?
Try using a manual override on the boost controller and see if it changes, if so, well you need a new or upgraded MAP and a tune.
dont quote me on that, but thats what im leaning towards
Old February 28th, 2018, 07:34   #21
AFNquattro

I'm trying to source a 3 bar map from a 2.0tdi. Thought it should work with my stock one since the gt1749va runs at 1.3bar from the factory on the 1.9/2.0pd but I guess this could be the problem

Last edited by AFNquattro; February 28th, 2018 at 07:41.
Old February 28th, 2018, 12:30   #22
Mongler98
Veteran Member

well, i ran 29 PSI on my ahu with the stock MAP, i kept having limp mode but that was it, besides lower power that i should have had, tune was obvious but i was out of $ so i ran with it for years, i never had this issue you are having though.
Old March 1st, 2018, 05:20   #23
bhodgkiss
Veteran Member

Obviously swapping to a 3bar MAP sensor from 2.5bar needs a calibration change, otherwise you'll overboost without knowing....
AFN Wagon | Fjord Blue | BV43 | 11mm IP | R520 | PD Lift Pump | Ported head | 3bar MAP | SRE Clutch | FHN G'box | Forge FMIC | PD130 intake | EGR delete | Decat | Custom Remap | Porsche 4-pot 312mm Brakes | KW V1 | Carbon Upper Strut Brace, RS4 Lower | H&R 32mm Front ARB | Whiteline Rear ARB | OZ Ultraleg 18" Satin Black | OEM Xenons | Bucket seats | Battery & washer bottle in boot | 100kg removed |
bhodgkiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 1st, 2018, 21:14   #24
adamss24
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: 35-45mpg

If you changed the turbo and kept the map stock then the turbo is your problem- either the mechanism is binding and doesn’t respond as per ECU requests or the vacuum layout is somewhat disturbed...I would simplify the vacuum pipes- disconnecting egr and see if it improves...
As per above, a 3 bar map sensor needs calibration in the tune, it will work but will spike at times !
adamss24 is offline   Reply With Quote