www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > VW TDI Discussion Areas > Dieselgate - VW Group Emission Scandal

Dieselgate - VW Group Emission Scandal Discussion around the VW Dieselgate Emissions scandal. Details and news updates can be viewed here: http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?goto=newpost&t=448336 This forum is a work in progress depending on requirements, usage, etc.

Old February 26th, 2018, 12:27   #16
makattack
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightflyer1 View Post
Good luck with that as others are already posting issues with trying to do that themselves.
If you're referring to my plan to buyout my lease at the end of it, in a few months, I don't see anything in my "leasee fix" documentation / agreement about not being about to buyout the car. I even got an email from the dealer saying that they'll be scheduling/contacting me in the near future:

Quote:
To facilitate your decision-making, we offer our customers a complimentary lease analysis. What is a lease analysis? Simply put, it is a review of your various options based on the homework we will do prior to our meeting (i.e., finance company information, current market conditions, vehicle value, current new vehicle availability and purchase options, etc.). I will contact you shortly to discuss these options and to schedule a time convenient to you to take advantage of your free lease analysis.
Everything else in the forums I see relating to leasing issues relates to making a "fix or buyback" claim after or before a buyout.

This vehicle I'm referring to has already had the software fix (part 1) applied and is waiting for an approved phase 2 fix (who knows when / if that will ever come to be.)

Here's my chat log with the claims service people:

Quote:
David @ 2/26/18 3:33 PM :
==> This is a leased vehicle, and my lease is coming up for termination in a few months. How does this affect my claim?

David @ 2/26/18 3:34 PM :
==> I have already applied the Phase1 fix, and am still awating the phase2 fix to be approved and applied.

Francesca @ 2/26/18 3:35 PM :
==> I will be happy to review your claim and see what we will need to do for your claim once your lease ends. Could I place you on a 2-3 minute hold to review your claim and gather information?

David @ 2/26/18 3:35 PM :
==> Certainly, I'm also interested in buying out the vehicle at the end of the lease.

Francesca @ 2/26/18 3:39 PM :
==> Thank you for holding. If you purchase the vehicle you will only need to have the modification completed once it is available. If the lease ends and you do not purchase the vehicle, we will trigger the payment to you. At this time I do not have a timeframe available as we are still working through a process for leased vehicles that come to an end.

David @ 2/26/18 3:39 PM :
==> Ok, very good. That answers my questions, so thank you very much!

Last edited by makattack; February 26th, 2018 at 12:42. Reason: Adding chat log with VWGoA Online claims
makattack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 26th, 2018, 14:58   #17
Lightflyer1
Veteran Member

You made no mention of whether you were buying back for resale to VW or to keep it and get the 2nd part fix done. Sounds like the latter and you are good to go for that. Others have tried a get around by buying the lease out and then using a third party to sell back to VW, which is circumventing the settlement agreement. They have been pushing back on those who are trying this but it doesn't sound like that was your plan to start with.
Old February 28th, 2018, 10:41   #18
Raezo

TDI(s): None yet

When looking at vehicles on Vwdiesellookup, many of them. Say yes,yes,yes,yes and others will say yes,yes,partisl,yes and the partial is in regards to the fix. It even has an exact mileage listed below in the text. Any input on what this means or what I would have to do if I purchased one like this?

I'm looking to purchase a vehicle in the next week or two, go get it the week of St. Patricks day and hopefully post a picture of joining the club
Raezo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 28th, 2018, 14:50   #19
Lightflyer1
Veteran Member

Did you stay at a Holiday Inn last night? Do you feel lucky? Don't believe anything on that site for hard facts if it is eligible or not. At this point it is a gamble as to whether anything is really eligible at this point. Unless you are an original owner. If you want to buy one do so without regard to any money coming back your way. If it happens then be extra happy!
Old February 28th, 2018, 17:14   #20
Raezo

I wasn't thinking I would get any money back out of this. I am just wanting to be sure the vehicle has the extended warranty and the EPA isn't going to tell me I can't drive the vehicle I buy or something silly like that haha
Old February 28th, 2018, 18:27   #21
tadawson
Veteran Member

Well, the EPA can't tell you that no matter what, so one of two is a certainty . . .

And if it is fixed, it has the warranty. If it isn't, you can get it done and still have the warranty.

About the only grey area is the $$$.

Methinks you are overthinking this . . . .
tadawson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 28th, 2018, 18:29   #22
bizzle
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raezo View Post
I wasn't thinking I would get any money back out of this. I am just wanting to be sure the vehicle has the extended warranty and the EPA isn't going to tell me I can't drive the vehicle I buy or something silly like that haha
They'll have the extended warranty as long as phase1 fix was done and will continue to receive the warranty as long as phase2 fix is done when it's available. The EPA won't tell you that you can't drive the car even if you don't do the fix, but you will lose warranty coverage.
bizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 28th, 2018, 20:30   #23
Raezo

I likely am over thinking this, thanks for the clarification!

I put a deposit on a golf in Utah. A little alarming, they said they sent it to VW as soon as they got it due to it sounding "bogged down" when they started it(dealer claimed bad gas). When they get it back they are going to clean it up and send me detailed pictures before I commit.

Hopefully the previous owner used diesel and not e85. It has just under 12k miles, I'm banking that too much can't be wrong.

Thank you all again for all the insight
Old February 28th, 2018, 21:16   #24
tadawson
Veteran Member

If it had 'gas' in it and not diesel, that *would* be a serious problem . . .
tadawson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 1st, 2018, 02:50   #25
Raezo

I was just joking about that haha... I'll have them send me aa video of it running when they send pictures.
Old March 14th, 2018, 14:33   #26
Etoile
Default Phase two Modification Approval Question

This vehicle I'm referring to has already had the software fix (part 1) applied and is waiting for an approved phase 2 fix (who knows when / if that will ever come to be.)
I was given two answers by VW TDI buyback 800# re: Phase 2 modification -
First one said they are waiting for approval by May 1, 2018.
Second one said that it was approved on January 6, 2018.
This second response is in contradiction to what you were told also. Dealer is saying has been approved.
What is the correct answer?
Etoile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 16th, 2018, 03:51   #27

TDI(s): tdi less

We had three in the early 2000's, one sedan/two wagons and got the bug again when we started seeing dealers selling the program vehicles. But after -not- getting information from dealers we have decided it isn't wise to purchase a TDI.

Specifically we had concerns about what kind of vehicle we would have after the second required repair/modification and I asked two dealers-one of whom was acknowledged to be the area guru on the TDI program- basically this question: what does the second phase involve and what recourse would we have if this second modification changes the vehicle in a negative way.

The first dealer was honest and stated that they had no idea, no one had asked the question before the guru didn't know an awful lot more than that everything was on the table for the second repair. I inquired as to if the cars now had start/stop and was told no, I then asked if this might be added during the modification and was told that yes it might and again that -everything- is on the table.

When I asked what recourse, if any, someone would have from VW if the car ends up being night/day different from the one they purchased I was told that VW would be contacted and I would be getting a call in the very near future.

Of course that never happened.

VW is going to have to find someone else who is willing to roll the dice on a Touareg for just under 30k USD or for that matter any program TDI.
1.8 is offline   Reply With Quote