www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > VW TDI Discussion Areas > Dieselgate - VW Group Emission Scandal

Dieselgate - VW Group Emission Scandal Discussion around the VW Dieselgate Emissions scandal. Details and news updates can be viewed here: http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?goto=newpost&t=448336 This forum is a work in progress depending on requirements, usage, etc.

Old February 26th, 2018, 14:21   #1
Chino

Default Extended warranty after Emissions fix

Had a CEL come on and fault codes seem to point to DPF bank 1 sensor. Would this be covered under the extended warranty VW after the fix was performed.
Chino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 26th, 2018, 15:00   #2
fredthe
Veteran Member

It may be, but I've found it depends if that part is on the actual list of covered items. I had a CEL for the AdBlue heater, and the dealer said it wasn't covered but that I should call VW Customer Care. I did that, and the next day VW agreed to cover it.

best advise is to take it to a dealer, and be ready to suggest to VW that it should be covered as part of "The entire exhaust after treatment system."

fredthe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 26th, 2018, 15:20   #3
Chino

Thanks. I have appointment with dealer tomorrow.
Chino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 27th, 2018, 21:55   #4
Lightflyer1
Veteran Member

Also don't forget it says all disputes should be decided in the favor of the customer. Keep that one in your back pocket just in case.
Old February 28th, 2018, 10:36   #5
joshuafail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chino View Post
Had a CEL come on and fault codes seem to point to DPF bank 1 sensor. Would this be covered under the extended warranty VW after the fix was performed.
It should be. The extended warranty specifically states sensors, valves and actuators related to the emissions system are covered. If you’ve had any part of the fix done, you’re covered. If you haven’t had fixes done yet they could require you to fix it before modifying the vehicle but since this is an emissions component that would otherwise be covered, I don’t see why they’d give you grief over it.
joshuafail is offline   Reply With Quote