www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You




Go Back   TDIClub Forums > VW TDI Discussion Areas > Dieselgate - VW Group Emission Scandal

Dieselgate - VW Group Emission Scandal Discussion around the VW Dieselgate Emissions scandal. Details and news updates can be viewed here: http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?goto=newpost&t=448336 This forum is a work in progress depending on requirements, usage, etc.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old February 25th, 2018, 10:14   #106
skinnyv
Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: seattle
Default

Test drove a prestige 16 A6. Dealer not really willing to budge on price , 10% off.

When you compare the 16 with an 18..... the ride, sound and numerous other things say you need a pretty big discount, at least in our case for the value to be there.

The tdi was pretty loud, and to be honest low end torque versus the 18 gas model hardly a difference. The gas model had some serious pickup.

For now on the sidelines unless we can score one for $50k maybe lower, other than that may move on to gas model in an 18. The gas model 18 screams luxury ride and comfort, the 16 screams sportier nicer passat.

Last edited by skinnyv; February 25th, 2018 at 10:28.
skinnyv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 26th, 2018, 07:53   #107
stealthTDI
Newbie
 
stealthTDI's Avatar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinnyv View Post
Test drove a prestige 16 A6. Dealer not really willing to budge on price , 10% off.
When you compare the 16 with an 18..... the ride, sound and numerous other things say you need a pretty big discount, at least in our case for the value to be there.
The tdi was pretty loud, and to be honest low end torque versus the 18 gas model hardly a difference. The gas model had some serious pickup.
For now on the sidelines unless we can score one for $50k maybe lower, other than that may move on to gas model in an 18. The gas model 18 screams luxury ride and comfort, the 16 screams sportier nicer passat.
I have been offered a 2016 A6 TDI prestige (60 miles on the odo)for $55,300 w a sticker $74,000 that I will be accepting. You may want to rethink your position on the TDI as I currently own a 2017 gasser w/4k miles on it that I will be trading in for the TDI. The 2017 is a nice car but a habitual fuel burner.
stealthTDI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 26th, 2018, 17:44   #108
skinnyv
Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: seattle
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by stealthTDI View Post
I have been offered a 2016 A6 TDI prestige (60 miles on the odo)for $55,300 w a sticker $74,000 that I will be accepting. You may want to rethink your position on the TDI as I currently own a 2017 gasser w/4k miles on it that I will be trading in for the TDI. The 2017 is a nice car but a habitual fuel burner.
Thatís a nice discount, I hear you in the gas issue. Did you test drive the fixed Audi yet? Yours must have some other features to get $74k msrp, the one we test drove was $68k and was loaded but did not have comfort seating if thatís available. The 18 and comfort seating was pretty nice.

Iíve been thinking more and more about the car but need to see a bigger discount.
skinnyv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 17th, 2018, 18:35   #109
tdi_sport
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: vancouver canada
Default

https://www.pfaffaudi.com/new/vehicl...-id8647876.htm

Just under 50k in american dollars i believe. Jump on these guys peeps. They have about 4 left at those prices. Brand new
tdi_sport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 18th, 2018, 08:38   #110
spicy_red
Veteran Member
 
spicy_red's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Edmonton AB Canada
Default

I was but my local stealership in north Edmonton (won't mention who) are a bunch of d!cks. Done with VW for now. They're gauging people for their old stock and are unwilling to negotiate. Looks like this VW-faithful has bought another brand.
__________________
2015 Golf Sportwagon TDI, highline, MM, 6MT

spicy_red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 19th, 2018, 12:25   #111
stealthTDI
Newbie
 
stealthTDI's Avatar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinnyv View Post
Thatís a nice discount, I hear you in the gas issue. Did you test drive the fixed Audi yet? Yours must have some other features to get $74k msrp, the one we test drove was $68k and was loaded but did not have comfort seating if thatís available. The 18 and comfort seating was pretty nice.

Iíve been thinking more and more about the car but need to see a bigger discount.
I did take delivery of the '16 A6. The specs are as follows: Prestige pkg ,Driver assist pkg ,Comfort seating pkg ,S-line spt pkg ,Cold weather pkg ,Audi guard protect kit ,Cargo net ,Wheel lock kit ,First aide kit and 4 yrs additional AudiCare.
stealthTDI is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Looking to buy a 2016 a7 quattro tdi tdi_sport Audi SUVs (Q7 & Q5) 6 February 7th, 2018 19:41
Receiving refund for GAP and PDR from dealership that's been sold twice DUBPL8 Dieselgate - VW Group Emission Scandal 4 March 24th, 2017 10:30
Waiting for 2016 GSW SEL...Sold my 2004 TDI Mk4 Yesterday phirstube VW MKVII-Mk7 Golf family including Golf Wagon (~ 2015 +) 6 July 13th, 2015 18:31
Wait and Pray for AWD SportWagen TDI in 2016 or Buy 2015 Outback Now? LMJ VW MKVII-Mk7 Golf family including Golf Wagon (~ 2015 +) 17 May 20th, 2015 16:30
slightly higher milage tdi- do I buy? e_v_a_n VW MKV-A5 Golf/Jettas 7 February 9th, 2012 18:55


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 00:31.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright - TDIClub Online LTD - 2017
Contact Us | Privacy Statement | Forum Rules | Disclaimer
TDIClub Online Ltd (TDIClub.com) is not affiliated with the VWoA or VWAG and is supported by contributions from viewers like you.
© 1996 - 2017, All Rights Reserved
Page generated in 0.13028 seconds with 12 queries
[Output: 80.29 Kb. compressed to 70.88 Kb. by saving 9.41 Kb. (11.72%)]