www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > VW TDI Discussion Areas > Dieselgate - VW Group Emission Scandal

Dieselgate - VW Group Emission Scandal Discussion around the VW Dieselgate Emissions scandal. Details and news updates can be viewed here: http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?goto=newpost&t=448336 This forum is a work in progress depending on requirements, usage, etc.

Old February 25th, 2018, 10:14   #106
skinnyv

Test drove a prestige 16 A6. Dealer not really willing to budge on price , 10% off.

When you compare the 16 with an 18..... the ride, sound and numerous other things say you need a pretty big discount, at least in our case for the value to be there.

The tdi was pretty loud, and to be honest low end torque versus the 18 gas model hardly a difference. The gas model had some serious pickup.

For now on the sidelines unless we can score one for $50k maybe lower, other than that may move on to gas model in an 18. The gas model 18 screams luxury ride and comfort, the 16 screams sportier nicer passat.

Last edited by skinnyv; February 25th, 2018 at 10:28.
skinnyv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 26th, 2018, 07:53   #107
stealthTDI

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinnyv View Post
Test drove a prestige 16 A6. Dealer not really willing to budge on price , 10% off.
When you compare the 16 with an 18..... the ride, sound and numerous other things say you need a pretty big discount, at least in our case for the value to be there.
The tdi was pretty loud, and to be honest low end torque versus the 18 gas model hardly a difference. The gas model had some serious pickup.
For now on the sidelines unless we can score one for $50k maybe lower, other than that may move on to gas model in an 18. The gas model 18 screams luxury ride and comfort, the 16 screams sportier nicer passat.
I have been offered a 2016 A6 TDI prestige (60 miles on the odo)for $55,300 w a sticker $74,000 that I will be accepting. You may want to rethink your position on the TDI as I currently own a 2017 gasser w/4k miles on it that I will be trading in for the TDI. The 2017 is a nice car but a habitual fuel burner.
stealthTDI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 26th, 2018, 17:44   #108
skinnyv

Quote:
Originally Posted by stealthTDI View Post
I have been offered a 2016 A6 TDI prestige (60 miles on the odo)for $55,300 w a sticker $74,000 that I will be accepting. You may want to rethink your position on the TDI as I currently own a 2017 gasser w/4k miles on it that I will be trading in for the TDI. The 2017 is a nice car but a habitual fuel burner.
Thatís a nice discount, I hear you in the gas issue. Did you test drive the fixed Audi yet? Yours must have some other features to get $74k msrp, the one we test drove was $68k and was loaded but did not have comfort seating if thatís available. The 18 and comfort seating was pretty nice.

Iíve been thinking more and more about the car but need to see a bigger discount.
skinnyv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 17th, 2018, 18:35   #109
tdi_sport
Veteran Member

https://www.pfaffaudi.com/new/vehicl...-id8647876.htm

Just under 50k in american dollars i believe. Jump on these guys peeps. They have about 4 left at those prices. Brand new
tdi_sport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 18th, 2018, 08:38   #110
spicy_red
Veteran Member

I was but my local stealership in north Edmonton (won't mention who) are a bunch of d!cks. Done with VW for now. They're gauging people for their old stock and are unwilling to negotiate. Looks like this VW-faithful has bought another brand.

spicy_red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 19th, 2018, 12:25   #111
stealthTDI

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinnyv View Post
Thatís a nice discount, I hear you in the gas issue. Did you test drive the fixed Audi yet? Yours must have some other features to get $74k msrp, the one we test drove was $68k and was loaded but did not have comfort seating if thatís available. The 18 and comfort seating was pretty nice.

Iíve been thinking more and more about the car but need to see a bigger discount.
I did take delivery of the '16 A6. The specs are as follows: Prestige pkg ,Driver assist pkg ,Comfort seating pkg ,S-line spt pkg ,Cold weather pkg ,Audi guard protect kit ,Cargo net ,Wheel lock kit ,First aide kit and 4 yrs additional AudiCare.
stealthTDI is offline   Reply With Quote