www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > VW TDI Discussion Areas > Dieselgate - VW Group Emission Scandal

Dieselgate - VW Group Emission Scandal Discussion around the VW Dieselgate Emissions scandal. Details and news updates can be viewed here: http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?goto=newpost&t=448336 This forum is a work in progress depending on requirements, usage, etc.

Old February 20th, 2018, 16:08   #46
Motodude
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fourplay View Post
News to me. I've turned in 20+ 2.0L and Gen I 3.0L cars and had the fix performed on all but 6 of my 20+ Gen II 3.0Ls.

Have gotten paid on basically every one (waiting on some fix money for a handful fixes performed in past 10 days, but that is typical). If I wasn't deemed as "profiting", I don't see how anyone could be.

Do you have dealers license?
Motodude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 21st, 2018, 07:20   #47
Fourplay

TDI Parts Ninja Vendor
w/Business number

TDI(s): 2014 A8L

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motodude View Post
Do you have dealers license?
Yep. Although I didn't for the first 15 cars or so. Was buying them and paying applicable taxes, registering them, etc.

Then got a dealer license for auction pricing and avoidance of registration fees.
Fourplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 21st, 2018, 08:24   #48
Motodude
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fourplay View Post
Yep. Although I didn't for the first 15 cars or so. Was buying them and paying applicable taxes, registering them, etc.

Then got a dealer license for auction pricing and avoidance of registration fees.
She said dealers can do it no problem. She said because people that are not dealers avoid paying state tax and other taxes. Maybe shes full of it thou.
Motodude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 21st, 2018, 09:19   #49
Fourplay

TDI Parts Ninja Vendor
w/Business number

TDI(s): 2014 A8L

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motodude View Post
She said dealers can do it no problem. She said because people that are not dealers avoid paying state tax and other taxes. Maybe shes full of it thou.
That's odd, because I had to pay state taxes in order to receive the necessary documents to file a claim on the early cars (registration, title) before I had my license.
Fourplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 21st, 2018, 10:35   #50
Greg5OH

TDI(s): 13 Q7

Similar to others, i just got my offer package for the 2013 Q7. Previous owner made a claim on it so only getting 4100. Mad though, as when I was running the VINs in the system to see what to buy, some had the 8k, and some had 4k available, so i purchased one with the 8k, and filed immediately, only to find out it only had 4k available rebate.
Claims just said sorry, our system isnt always up to date.
Oh well, still got a good deal on it..just not a stupid deal,
That being said, my dealer has been good to me after they coudlnt find my exhaust leak on 3 different times, I insisted it was there. Finally foudn it myself (was literaly right at the turbo, downpipe flange had a broken weld), they gave me a new cat and DPF, 1.5 months after the inital bridge warranty expired, as the case was still "open">
They will get the business of doing the NOx retrofit as well
93 Foxbody-5.3/T56/CobraIRS
13 Q7 TDI Prestige
Greg5OH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 23rd, 2018, 08:36   #51
843tdi
Veteran Member

So my package in the mail as well which is weird but what ever. How long has the turn around been once being mailed back to get an approval to go ahead and make an appointment to get the fix done? Or has anyone gotten that far yet?
843tdi is offline   Reply With Quote