www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > TDI Model Specific Discussions Areas > VW MKVII-Mk7 Golf family including Golf Wagon (~ 2015 +)

VW MKVII-Mk7 Golf family including Golf Wagon (~ 2015 +) Discussions area for the Mk7 (2015+) Golf and Golf Wagon TDIs based on the MQB (Modularer Querbaukasten) platform.

Old February 9th, 2018, 13:02   #1
neimis
Veteran Member

Default Driver Gear springs for TDI?

Anyone found a source in North America, or elsewhere for that matter?

The VW sport suspension kit "5G4 071 677E" seems to be the only one available in North America. It is not for the torsion beam rear.

Please don't clutter this thread with info about VWR, Eibach, H&R, ED, Neuspeed, etc. springs, or Bilstein, Koni, etc. shocks. Not interested. If you feel compelled, start another thread.

I am only looking for info about DG springs, thanks!
neimis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 9th, 2018, 13:16   #2
Daks

TDI(s): golf

I was looking at the same - from the research I've done, I think we're out of luck. The dealer told me that the highline models come with a 'sport suspension' i.e. stiffer springs; i've been unable to determine if the part numbers are different between my comfortline and the highline.
Daks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old February 9th, 2018, 15:23   #3
adjat84th
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: ~50 in mixed driving

I purchased some of these springs a month or so ago to test fit. Just haven't gotten around to it. The rear springs share the same upper and lower cushions, so they'll fit in that regard. Just assuming the spring rates are different vs the IRS setup and can maybe be unnoticed with updated dampers.

adjat84th is online now   Reply With Quote
Old February 10th, 2018, 12:15   #4
Ottopop1

Quote:
Originally Posted by adjat84th View Post
I purchased some of these springs a month or so ago to test fit. Just haven't gotten around to it. The rear springs share the same upper and lower cushions, so they'll fit in that regard. Just assuming the spring rates are different vs the IRS setup and can maybe be unnoticed with updated dampers.

I would love to hear what you think when you get a chance to test fit them. I want to get a bit more low to even out the wheel gap on my mk7, and unfortunately every aftermarket spring set drops too far for my taste. The driver gear springs seem like the perfect reduction in height, if only we could find out if they do or don't fit for sure.
Ottopop1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 10th, 2018, 12:17   #5
adjat84th
Veteran Member

Agreed, I don't care for how low the other springs go. I'm not assuming the DG springs will work, but at the price I found them for I figured it was worth a shot being that the rears take no time to switch out.

Old February 11th, 2018, 08:14   #6
ritsco
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: 50 MPG @ 80 MPH (I like it !)

Quote:
What part number were they? Did you purchase through the dealer? And were they the actual "Drivers Gear" spring set, or another system?
Rocket Chip, Panzer Plate, Frost Heater, Tint, BBS RXII's, Heated Aspherical Mirrors, Euro Switch, ScanGauge II, GLI Shocks and Springs, 3 Spoke Leather Steering Wheel, BFI Upper Rear Bar, Monster Mats, Blacked out Emblems, Avg 43 mpg so far
ritsco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 11th, 2018, 08:38   #7
adjat84th
Veteran Member

Actual Driver's Gear 5G4071677E purchased through dealer.

Old February 13th, 2018, 13:24   #8
marcusku
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: 56/52/48

In Europe GTD’s and Bluemotion Golfs come with sport suspension that sit 15 mm lower than stock. One idea I had was doing GTD front springs and Bluemotion rears assuming they have beam rear suspension. The spring rate of Bluemotion front springs may be a shade light since it has a 1.6L.
Old February 14th, 2018, 05:22   #9
740GLE
Veteran Member

I don't think they have a beam rear suspension, just a hunch, haven't confirmed.
740GLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 11:03   #10
mikesarge

Quote:
Actual Driver's Gear 5G4071677E purchased through dealer.

have you installed these yet? I am about to buy a set myself, i'd love to see if you had success with the kit
mikesarge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:28   #11
turbobrick240
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 740GLE View Post
I don't think they have a beam rear suspension, just a hunch, haven't confirmed.
The European mk7 golf models with less than 120 hp(including the bluemotion) get the torsion beam rear suspension.
turbobrick240 is offline   Reply With Quote