www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > VW TDI Discussion Areas > TDI 101

TDI 101 Got a simple/basic TDI question? Are you a newbie (new to the forums). Feel free to post your question here.

Old February 4th, 2018, 11:43   #1
odeanono

Default My fuses are confused?

I pulled out my owners manual on my '06 Jetta TDI BRM to find the fuse on my accessories power outlets. The spots they are supposed to be are empty but these had been working properly. The Fuse chart mostly, but not exactly matched mine. Is there another design for the fuse box? About a dozen of them are in different places or missing from where the chart puts them. A couple are different sizes. I have never seen this. There is no chart on the cover only in the manual and it is not accurate.
odeanono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 4th, 2018, 12:05   #2
jettawreck
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: 52+ average lifetime '01

Diesels are a bit different than the gassers and depends sometimes on equipment level(s). The manual isn't specific to a certain vehicle, just sort of covers the typical.
I'm not sure about the Mk5 fuse list available here, but I've printed off the MklV fuse list to put in all my VWs.

2001 Jetta TDI GLS Silver-current driver (salvage)permanently vented-Panzer Plate-Sprint 520s-ScanGauge-CheckTemp III-ZeroStart heater-CAT 2 filter
2003 Jetta GLS Black w/leather (New Project Car) fixer-upper w/broken TB
2004 Cadillac SLS (wife's)
1999 GMC Suburban (It's MN-you need one)
197? Shibura 2cyl diesel 4WD tractor-loader/brushhog (very handy unit)
196? International TD340 Dozer-w/Drott 4-in-1 bucket/back ripper attachment
jettawreck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old February 4th, 2018, 12:15   #3
aja8888
Veteran Member

TDI(s): Out of TDI's
Fuel Economy: About as good as it gets!

Having no fuse chart in the car's manual that accurately matches the actual circuitry in the car is what the manufacturer has given us purchasers. You have hit the nail squarely on the head.

The fuse panel door has a sticker with symbols on it that if you are able to figure out what the symbols represent, you will be close in determining what the fuse is for. But beware, some circuits have multiple fuses (case in point, A/C in a MKIV uses fuses 5, 16, 25 and a green fuse in a holder on the top of the battery).

So, one must buy a Bentley manual that *may* have the fuse wiring diagrams you need, or ask here and maybe you will get lucky.

Sorry I can't help you as I have no data to review. I just wanted to let you understand the situation.
aja8888 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old February 4th, 2018, 12:50   #4
odeanono

Yes, I figured there would be a sticker too. Nothing. I verified I have an 06/06 manufacture date and an 06 manual. I checked fuse box B under the hood and the same thing there! No sticker and the manual diagram is off enough to make it useless. Anyone have an alternate diagram?
odeanono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 4th, 2018, 12:52   #5
aja8888
Veteran Member

TDI(s): Out of TDI's
Fuel Economy: About as good as it gets!

Try Googling it (2006 MKV TDI) and look at the Google Images tab. I found one that way.
aja8888 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old February 4th, 2018, 13:18   #6
JETaah

Fuel Economy: 53 max, 42 min, average 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by odeanono View Post
Yes, I figured there would be a sticker too. Nothing. I verified I have an 06/06 manufacture date and an 06 manual. I checked fuse box B under the hood and the same thing there! No sticker and the manual diagram is off enough to make it useless. Anyone have an alternate diagram?
Just ran into this with a 06/06 production date BRM Jetta. The actual fuse layout is closer to the 2007 Bentley version wiring diagram for BRM. And even then there were fuses in alternative location where the diagram said that the space was " not used". That is where the one that I was looking for wound up being.
JETaah is offline   Reply With Quote