www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > Classifieds/For Sale/Wanted > Vendor & GroupBuy items for sale

Vendor & GroupBuy items for sale VW TDI/Diesel related items for sale by vendors and Groupbuys. The only commercial posts to these forums are that of Vendors with TDI related equipment. To start a post, you must be a Registered Vendor. You may periodically post a note about products you may have for sale/services so long you indicate clearly you are from the company selling these products/services. The right to discontinue this practice & remove excessive posts remains with the operators of TDIClub. Please note there is also a webpage of TDI Vendors" Group-buys are permited if sponsored by a registered vendor.

Old December 31st, 2017, 10:52   #946
jstn
Veteran Member

TDI(s): none, now.

If you want a real set of retrofit HID headlights, contact Mike Ojeda at VXTuning. He has just released a quad set of bi-xenon headlights for the mk4 Jetta.

I think Jeff's silence says enough about his interest in support existing and future customers.

https://www.vxtuning.com/

justin

"Hey guys. Woah, Big Gulps, huh? All right! Well, see ya later!"
jstn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2018, 22:54   #947
freakwithracket

TDI(s): 2003
Fuel Economy: 50.57mpg

>I think Jeff's silence says enough about his interest in support existing and future customers.

In the words of Luke Skywalker, "Impressive... Every word in that sentence was wrong." Joking aside, you should see how many emails, texts, and voicemails, and phone calls I respond to on a daily basis. That, plus actually building the lights takes up an extraordinary amount of time, to say nothing of packing and shipping, managing inventory, etc., and as a one-man shop..well you get the idea. Given I have a 5-month-old child (my first) that I think deserves some of my attention especially in the evenings, and given that October-December orders basically triple as the days get shorter and I have to devote more time to actually building sets, I end up having to prioritize. Urgent tech support inquiries are a priority, followed by non-urgent tech support, followed by order inquiries. I literally answer texts and emails at all hours of the day aside from when I sleep, drive, or am building headlights. I have not been active here because to be honest, this thread hasn't been active. In the past 4 months there have been 7 posts..three of which have been you stating your dissatisfaction with your order and plugging another vendor (which I won't get into at all..been there and done that). So no, I have not posted here much recently, but that has nothing to do with not being interested in or committed to supporting existing and future customers, and everything to do with the fact that 99% (not an exaggeration) of the communications I receive from said customers come to me through email, text, and phone rather than this forum, that I am in the middle of managing my busy season as far as orders go, and that I am adjusting to life with my first child. It's not ideal to be sure, but such is life.

In regard to the other inquiries, yes I am still doing these full steam. No, I do not have anything for the MKIV Passat, and I don't any time in the near future.
HID Headlights
www.midwestlight.biz
freakwithracket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 3rd, 2018, 03:17   #948
sackman
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by freakwithracket View Post
>I think Jeff's silence says enough about his interest in support existing and future customers.

In the words of Luke Skywalker, "Impressive... Every word in that sentence was wrong." Joking aside, you should see how many emails, texts, and voicemails, and phone calls I respond to on a daily basis. That, plus actually building the lights takes up an extraordinary amount of time, to say nothing of packing and shipping, managing inventory, etc., and as a one-man shop..well you get the idea. Given I have a 5-month-old child (my first) that I think deserves some of my attention especially in the evenings, and given that October-December orders basically triple as the days get shorter and I have to devote more time to actually building sets, I end up having to prioritize. Urgent tech support inquiries are a priority, followed by non-urgent tech support, followed by order inquiries. I literally answer texts and emails at all hours of the day aside from when I sleep, drive, or am building headlights. I have not been active here because to be honest, this thread hasn't been active. In the past 4 months there have been 7 posts..three of which have been you stating your dissatisfaction with your order and plugging another vendor (which I won't get into at all..been there and done that). So no, I have not posted here much recently, but that has nothing to do with not being interested in or committed to supporting existing and future customers, and everything to do with the fact that 99% (not an exaggeration) of the communications I receive from said customers come to me through email, text, and phone rather than this forum, that I am in the middle of managing my busy season as far as orders go, and that I am adjusting to life with my first child. It's not ideal to be sure, but such is life.

In regard to the other inquiries, yes I am still doing these full steam. No, I do not have anything for the MKIV Passat, and I don't any time in the near future.

Your lights are awesome Jeff!!
Old January 3rd, 2018, 05:02   #949
jstn
Veteran Member

TDI(s): none, now.

Quote:
In the past 4 months there have been 7 posts..three of which have been you stating your dissatisfaction with your order and plugging another vendor (which I won't get into at all..been there and done that).
correction -- dissatisfaction with your customer service and lack of caring. the product itself isn't that bad, aside from the HID kit. as you'll recall, we went back and forth over email for a couple weeks, to try and resolve one of the wiring issues, that i ultimately diagnosed and resolved myself. as i stated in a previous post, you wrote off the vibrating light pattern (cracked headlight bucket mount) because my car's "a diesel".

justin

"Hey guys. Woah, Big Gulps, huh? All right! Well, see ya later!"
jstn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 3rd, 2018, 07:42   #950
aja8888
Veteran Member

TDI(s): Out of TDI's
Fuel Economy: About as good as it gets!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jstn View Post
correction -- dissatisfaction with your customer service and lack of caring. the product itself isn't that bad, aside from the HID kit. as you'll recall, we went back and forth over email for a couple weeks, to try and resolve one of the wiring issues, that i ultimately diagnosed and resolved myself. as i stated in a previous post, you wrote off the vibrating light pattern (cracked headlight bucket mount) because my car's "a diesel".
justin
We hear you, maybe you should just move on, or are you the type of person who likes to see himself in print?

Why don't you try communicating with someone who sells you a Chinese set of HID's that doesn't work or just falls apart? Haha!

99% of Jeff's customers here are highly satisfied.
aja8888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 3rd, 2018, 12:29   #951
freakwithracket

>as you'll recall, we went back and forth over email for a couple weeks, to try and resolve one of the wiring issues, that i ultimately diagnosed and resolved myself. as i stated in a previous post, you wrote off the vibrating light pattern (cracked headlight bucket mount) because my car's "a diesel"

Similar to the above, I don't think this is really a fair statement. I have an email from you on 11.8.15 stating that you had an issue with the high beam on one light, and that you didn't have parking lights on either headlight (but that the turn signals worked). Your initial email was at 1:15 PM, and I had replied by 2:46 PM. By 6:42 PM our conversation had concluded with me asking you if there were bulbs in the city lights (not included by default nor ordered) and a short instruction on how to diagnose the high beam issue. On 11.10.15 you had sent me other email stating that you had been busy and not been able to do the test. Then more than a month later on 12.14.15 you sent another stating that you had been bogged down with stuff and had finally found time to do the test, and had taken action to cut and splice some wires. It was also determined/indicated in that email that the issue with the parking brake wasn't really a problem but rather that you were expecting the turn signal to act at the city light like the stock headlights, and that these being e-code assemblies the city light was a separate bulb. That email was at 7:26 pm, and at 8:51 pm I replied with an acknowledgment that the city light is a separate bulb and had to be purchased separately per the product description.

Then in late July 2016 you sent me another email. I won't detail all of the emails because there were more messages than the previous thread, but similar to the above all the emails were replied to within a reasonable timeframe as far as I can see. I admit there was one email that took me a couple days to reply to as I was out of state on vacation at the time, but otherwise it seems that I replied within similar windows as the previous thread, which is to say emails were replied to within an hour or two. This thread ended with you saying you were going to check something with a multimeter and literally I never heard from you again until you popped back up last month with your review. I don't think I ever did anything that would come close to constituting "the run around", with each and every one of my emails being direct to the point in terms of diagnosis. At the point where it seemed like the bulb was the issue I sent you a new set right away. But that being said, please keep in mind that providing 1 or 2 things to look at is the most efficient way to diagnosis. The average customer does not want to get on the phone with tech support and be told "well, it could be any one of 10 different things and here is how to test them all". They want the most likely cause and a simple explanation of how to do that. Call any tech support line and that is how it is done because it avoids customers being overwhelmed and confused. "well, the intermittant bulb could be a bad bulb, bad ballast igniter, bad ballat box, bad power controller, loose connection, corrosion on the main plug, corroded/bad ground connections, blown fuse, voltage loss, or a worn headlight or turn signal switch all of which are faily common on your 13 year old car"...that's only going to lead to confusion. Instead, it makes more sense to just list the 1 or 2 most likely causes and go from there. I hope that makes sense. If it comes across as a "run around" please understand that it is not. It's just a best practice for tech support and meant to keep things simple and straightforward.

And beyond that I see no record in my email of anything related to a grommit, melted ballasts, or anything else beyond what is described above.

In all, I don't think the way you've described our interactions is an accurate reflection of them. You've also left out a couple of important pieces of information, such as the 2 pin to 3 pin turn signal modification you embarked on upon realizing that the assemblies used the e-code assemblies or the long stretches of time due to you being busy the vast majority of the "dragged out" process. At no point in time did you request a refund or to send the lights back to be repaired or replaced. You've painted our interactions as drastically different than I remember or am able to see by pulling up our emails. That being said, you are entitled to your opinion. I'm not going to engage you here past this point, and would appreciate if you wouldn't use my product page to post advertisements for other products. If you'd like to further discuss this I will gladly talk to you over the phone or text. I can be reached at 614-653-8434. And if you want me to look at it/them you are welcome to ship it to me and I will see what can be done.
HID Headlights
www.midwestlight.biz

Last edited by freakwithracket; January 3rd, 2018 at 13:10.
Old January 7th, 2018, 06:13   #952
lunker

Hey there, I bought a set of headlights just over a year ago. Love them. I am finding the one side is and has been a different colour for some time. I tried emailing a little while ago and got nothing. Let me know what email address I can contact you at. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
lunker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 7th, 2018, 08:22   #953
freakwithracket

I don't see any email in my inbox related to this, though I can't search by your name. You can reach me at jeff.rudzinski@gmail.com or 614-653-8434.
HID Headlights
www.midwestlight.biz

Last edited by freakwithracket; January 7th, 2018 at 11:10.
Old January 9th, 2018, 10:29   #954
lunker

Quote:
I don't see any email in my inbox related to this, though I can't search by your name. You can reach me at jeff.rudzinski@gmail.com or 614-653-8434.

Sent email. 🍺

lunker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 10th, 2018, 09:39   #955
maxmoo
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jstn View Post
If you want a real set of retrofit HID headlights, contact Mike Ojeda at VXTuning. He has just released a quad set of bi-xenon headlights for the mk4 Jetta.

I think Jeff's silence says enough about his interest in support existing and future customers.

https://www.vxtuning.com/

justin
Wow!
Your post says alot about you....my condolences .....hope your condition improves.
maxmoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 12th, 2018, 21:58   #956
3L3M3NT
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lunker View Post
Hey there, I bought a set of headlights just over a year ago. Love them. I am finding the one side is and has been a different colour for some time. I tried emailing a little while ago and got nothing. Let me know what email address I can contact you at. Thanks.

From my experience that usually means the bulb is going out. I could be wrong, but that's what happened to me and after a new set of bulbs everything worked like it should.

Jeff may have come up with a different solution for you though...
Firefox fix
RTDI Build Thread
3L3M3NT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 24th, 2018, 22:52   #957
Geordi
Veteran Member

Location: Somewhere between Heaven and Hell. But it is really hot here in S. Florida...

I haven't gotten warning like that when the bulb dies... It just dies. I've now lost multiples of the HID bulbs since buying the kit 2 years ago, and I'm hoping that the latest failure (new bulb lasted exactly one week) is that ballast dying instead of the brand new bulb.

I like the housings and the light - just not the bulbs. I'm going to try some H1 LEDs this time since I have to go custom anyway.
Old January 24th, 2018, 23:38   #958
turbovan+tdi
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geordi View Post
I haven't gotten warning like that when the bulb dies... It just dies. I've now lost multiples of the HID bulbs since buying the kit 2 years ago, and I'm hoping that the latest failure (new bulb lasted exactly one week) is that ballast dying instead of the brand new bulb.

I like the housings and the light - just not the bulbs. I'm going to try some H1 LEDs this time since I have to go custom anyway.
LED's do not work in projector housings due to the way LED's only emit out of the sides. I tried it and its pathetic, you can't see, its worse than any OEM halogen headlight out there,
2003 JSW 1.8T, silver-parting out. 2006 JSW, TDI 5 speed, blue.
turbovan+tdi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 25th, 2018, 09:13   #959
Geordi
Veteran Member

Location: Somewhere between Heaven and Hell. But it is really hot here in S. Florida...

These HID don't shine forward, the globe is in the center of the light. The lens is doing most of the work?
Old January 28th, 2018, 20:26   #960
Nuje
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: 1200km/tank (Mk4); 750km/tank (Mk7)

I tried a set of LEDs as well - I'd give them a "not great, but kinda ok" on dry roads, but once the road gets wet, being that they're 6000K in color, it feels like I didn't even have headlights on. Sent those suckers back after one 10km drive on wet road.
Nuje is offline   Reply With Quote