www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > VW TDI Discussion Areas > TDI 101

TDI 101 Got a simple/basic TDI question? Are you a newbie (new to the forums). Feel free to post your question here.

Old October 20th, 2012, 13:26   #16
Herm TDI

Check the Black/White check-valve.
If this little POS is defective your performance will be flat...weak...lame...limp.
Old October 21st, 2012, 07:54   #17
shotgungaz

Fuel Economy: town =34.run=58=leaning on her a bit too much= 14 mpg lol

want to add one more thing ive noticed.the turbo seems to come in later after leaving my car over night by about 500 rpm but after couple of miles it settles at about between 2000 rpm and 2100 rpm? any suggestions guys??
shotgungaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 23rd, 2012, 07:24   #18
shotgungaz

fixed my problem and it was my boost control solenoid but thanks for the help anyway NOT.not a single reply to help me out guys.ive put the fix on for anyone else who reads this anyway but bit dissappointed in the lack of help.seems google was the best help lol.
Old October 23rd, 2012, 07:30   #19
shotgungaz

my m8 had similair probs with his seat and was just the maf.check in this order.vagcom first if available then maf sensor then boost control sensor then the vains in tyhe turbo and actuator.to find vagcom in uk just put in vagcom users uk and it will give you a list m8.
Old October 23rd, 2012, 07:31   #20
shotgungaz

to check maf just unplug it and see if it makes any difference if not your mafs goosed lol
Old March 7th, 2013, 14:27   #21
shotgungaz

this sounds a lot like what happened to mine a few months back scott.i asked for help on here tried different things,took it to awsome gti for diagnostics which showed no error codes and no boost leaks also checked the vnt which was fine so i went on a gut feeling and changed maf sensor even though it said it was ok on diagnostic which still didnt fix it and then i changed the boost control sensor off just behind the maf it is m8.pull off the pipes and put a new one in and screw back to body work .pipes back on and hey presto my car has been perfect since.car ran perfect except the boost lag so very similair to whats happening with yours m8. mines a gt tdi 150 golf. hope this helps m8 as it cost me a bloody fortune lol.
Old March 7th, 2013, 15:31   #22
98 jetta
Veteran Member

TDI(s): 1998 Jetta

You want real help? Get that trash turbo off your car and install a new one.
98 jetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 3rd, 2016, 19:30   #23
Antjp

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by shotgungaz View Post
this sounds a lot like what happened to mine a few months back scott.i asked for help on here tried different things,took it to awsome gti for diagnostics which showed no error codes and no boost leaks also checked the vnt which was fine so i went on a gut feeling and changed maf sensor even though it said it was ok on diagnostic which still didnt fix it and then i changed the boost control sensor off just behind the maf it is m8.pull off the pipes and put a new one in and screw back to body work .pipes back on and hey presto my car has been perfect since.car ran perfect except the boost lag so very similair to whats happening with yours m8. mines a gt tdi 150 golf. hope this helps m8 as it cost me a bloody fortune lol.
I have got the same problem as you had. I have no power. It's Never missed a beat for the 2 years I've owned it. Then after being stood for the weekend, It's slow as a snail. Thanks for posting this. I've been searching for 2 weeks now to cure my problem. And I was going to go down the route of booking it in for diagnostic, but at least now I have some starting point of a possible cure.
I have a Bora pd150. Is this possible faulty part on the bulkhead held in place with 2 10mm nuts, and in front of the part is the flexible air duct pipe? Thanks again. From ant

Last edited by Antjp; June 3rd, 2016 at 19:43. Reason: Needed to add
Antjp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 29th, 2017, 17:32   #24
rkarski

TDI(s): 2002 Jetta

02 Jetta TDI with 311,000 miles, I am having the same issue with no boost in first until it hits 2500rpm after replacing turbo with an after market. Any more ideas? Just bought it today and it is our first VX and TDI.
rkarski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 29th, 2017, 17:56   #25
UhOh
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkarski View Post
02 Jetta TDI with 311,000 miles, I am having the same issue with no boost in first until it hits 2500rpm after replacing turbo with an after market. Any more ideas? Just bought it today and it is our first VX and TDI.
Why did you replace the turbo? If the old one puked I hope that you cleaned out the intercooler piping/bits. And I hope that you didn't have a runaway (and there's engine damage that wasn't dealt with).

What turbo (manufacturer) did you install? A cheap turbo is going to cause you nothing but headaches.

Did the turbo come with an actuator attached? (if not, then it's likely a cheap one) Good turbos will come with actuators that are adjusted. Regardless, it may come down to needing to adjust the actuator rod.
UhOh is offline   Reply With Quote