www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > VW TDI Discussion Areas > TDI Power Enhancements

TDI Power Enhancements Discussions about increasing the power of your TDI engine. i.e. chips, injectors, powerboxes, clutches, etc. Handling, suspensions, wheels, type discussion should be put into the "Upgrades (non TDI Engine related)" forum. Non TDI vehicle related postings will be moved or removed. Please note the Performance Disclaimer.

Old December 5th, 2017, 15:16   #1
jimbote

Fuel Economy: golf=38-43mpg...tacoma tdi=29-33mpg
Default 1Z to GTB adapter?

anyone make these ? looks like a pretty simple plate and i can cut one out but seeing what's there before i spend a few hours cutting and drilling ... thanks!
Old December 5th, 2017, 15:32   #2
jimbote

looks like the above and shamelessly stolen from this thread http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=430210
Old December 6th, 2017, 16:45   #3
ketchupshirt88
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: 40-42 with a lead foot.

will the comp housing clear everything?

I cobbled together a t25 adapter to mock up and fit a TD04 on one of my spare blocks and it didnt clear the block... when i flipped it, it didnt clear the intake...

Thats when i decided to buy the 1.6td manifold that angles away from the engine... and there the project stalled.
ketchupshirt88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 7th, 2017, 12:30   #4
kooyajerms
grocery getter

I've got the AFN manifold and some plates for templates you can steal for a while to make your plates if you want Jimbote.

I'm not using them at the moment, all I ask is you pay for shipping both ways and maybe make me an extra set of copper gaskets if you make them for yours.

Jeremy
kooyajerms is online now   Reply With Quote
Old December 7th, 2017, 17:45   #5
jimbote

Quote:
Originally Posted by ketchupshirt88 View Post
will the comp housing clear everything?

I cobbled together a t25 adapter to mock up and fit a TD04 on one of my spare blocks and it didnt clear the block... when i flipped it, it didnt clear the intake...

Thats when i decided to buy the 1.6td manifold that angles away from the engine... and there the project stalled.
i was a bit concerned about this because i swapped an ALH into a B4 and used the 1z manifold with a hybrid k03/4 and had to clearance the block and turbo slightly...but fortunately the GTB exhaust housing angles slightly away from block so clearance shouldn't be an issue
Quote:
Originally Posted by kooyajerms View Post
I've got the AFN manifold and some plates for templates you can steal for a while to make your plates if you want Jimbote.

I'm not using them at the moment, all I ask is you pay for shipping both ways and maybe make me an extra set of copper gaskets if you make them for yours.

Jeremy
thanks for the offer kooya, i have a bhw mani here and a ryanp adapter but want to use a 1z manifold to keep the turbo low and close to the block
Old December 8th, 2017, 08:37   #6
kooyajerms
grocery getter

No prob. I thought the clearance issues with the mani were not hitting the motor mount, and the block. Motor mount and where the TIP end up would be my concern, but then again iím sure itís for a conversion of some sort.
kooyajerms is online now   Reply With Quote
Old December 8th, 2017, 17:30   #7
ketchupshirt88
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: 40-42 with a lead foot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbote View Post
i was a bit concerned about this because i swapped an ALH into a B4 and used the 1z manifold with a hybrid k03/4 and had to clearance the block and turbo slightly...but fortunately the GTB exhaust housing angles slightly away from block so clearance shouldn't be an issue
cool, i didnt know that.

Are all the GTB's like that or just the specific model you are using?

Care to post a pic of what you are working on for us?
ketchupshirt88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 9th, 2017, 06:45   #8
jimbote

i think i should clarify, i'm using a 1Z manifold on an ALH in an mkiv platform, so mount clearance is not an issue....sorry for the confusion