1-1-2018 Ho5G GTG

PeterV

TDIClub Enthusiast, HO5G Doyen & Zen Master
TDI
2000 Jetta 5 sp.
Once again we are hosting the very first GTG of the new year on New Year's Day, 1/1/2018!
Festivities will start @ 9am-ish and go to 10pm-ish on 1-1-2018.
HO5G rules apply remember if you feel the need to fill the town's coffers with your hard earned cash do so at your own risk by driving DUI or speeding. The chief of police lives 3 doors up from the HO5G and he will be glad to accept your contributions.
A few notes about our GTG format:
#1 – ALL newbie’s:
By newbie’s I mean all of you that we don’t know. Just because you've been here doesn't necessarily mean we know you! You need to ‘check in’ with us and get a name tag. This is our home and we would like to know who’s here!
#2 – Food & beverages: It's not fair to expect the same people to provide the bulk of the food!
Bring items we all share. We provide propane and grill.
#3 – Work
Garage space as always is first come, first served there is a lift list. Big jobs need to be cleared by us first. As always – NO timing belts unless done by a pre-approved (i.e. mrchill, HermTDI) or a veteran approved club member. Those arrangements MUST be made in advance with us & the person doing the work.
Bring the TOOLS and FLUIDS that you'll need for the job! We have a brake bleeder and oil extractor available. Bring containers for your fluids! (We have a relatively shallow well for water so fluid spills are unacceptable.)
ALL WORK IS TO BE COMPLETED BY 10pm
We enjoy opening our home and warm garages to you...all we ask for is a little courtesy and respect in return. As my sign says: BE NICE OR GO AWAY!
Now back to our regularly scheduled GTG - bring your tools, to do lists and a little something to share food/drinkwise!
Bring food, bring drink, bring tools and bring good weather!
The garage will be warm and the lift ready - clear all lift jobs w/ PeterV!
Hope to see you there (I mean here!)
PeterV & Hamsterdiesel
PS - Stay tuned to this post #1 for updated info!
Update #1 I will post addy just before the GTG .... there are out there that look for info...locacal is twenty five moulton dr. east hampstead, nh 03836.
IT IS COLD here. We have ICE and snow on the driveway. YOU are to be aware and careful it is slippery. Dress appropriately.
LIFT a lot of I lift wants.
lugnut,asteresk,beetlego,fahrveg,594 possibly others BRING TOOLS for the job you want to do please I can no longer supply from my tool box.

We will be hitting the wood supply hard this year its OK we have the wood.
This will be the COLDEST GTG for the Ho5G.

Last edited:

bhtooefr

TDIClub Enthusiast, ToofTek Inventor
TDI
None
On my calendar as well - just need to verify that I can get the 2nd and 3rd off work.

tdidieselbobny

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'03 Galactic Blue Jetta TDI, '15 Silk Blue Golf Sportwagen TDI
Hmm... maybe my first road trip in the GSW is in order.... been a few years since I've been to Ho5G.... last one ended on a trip north for some work...

Asterix

TDI
Y2K Jetta crashed/reborn 2004 Jetta GLI , 2004 Passat pd BHW, diy tb & cam on BHW
Gtg nyd 2018

Count me in too. Look forward to the gathering.

IndigoBlueWagon

TDIClub Enthusiast, Principal IDParts, Vendor , w/
TDI
'97 Passat, '99.5 Golf, '02 Jetta Wagon, '15 GSW
It's been warm enough. I'm ready for some appropriately cold weather. I'd even take some snow! :D
I'm with you on that. I'm tired of these warm spells. We may get snow this weekend. I'm looking forward to it.

VeeDubTDI

Wanderluster, Traveler, TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
‘18 Tesla Model 3D+, ‘14 Cadillac ELR, ‘13 Fiat 500e
I probably can’t come as I will be going to Detroit 3 weeks later.....:(
We have a pretty full plate, too. Going to Grand Rapids for Christmas, New Hampshire for the new year, and Detroit for the auto show... some 3,500 miles of driving in under a month. :eek:

TDIDaveNH

Left Lane Coal Roller at Large
TDI
1997 Passat TDI x2 1984 Buick Century 4.3 diesel
If I'm around I'll be there but not sure at this point if its a day I'll have off.

fase2000TDI

Vendor
TDI
2003 Jettawagon TDI; 2015 GSW 6MT
Hope to make it, but I need to do the heater core on my 2003... it's a bit of a drive from VA but it'd be nice to see some faces I haven't seen in a while. Hope you're doing great Peter and Julie.

MonsterTDI09

TDIClub Enthusiast, Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Jetta DSG/ up keep on 2009 Jetta DSG 2006 Jetta Pag 2 in North SEA Green
I'm not sure what I want to do yet.

n1das

TDI
2014 BMW 535xd ///M-Sport, 2012 BMW X5 Xdrive35d, former 3x TDI owner
Lisa and I won't be able to attend this GTG (again). :( We will be on the road on back to NH from Cocoa Beach FL on 1/1/2018.

Fahrvegnugen

Veteran Member
TDI
01 golf 1.9 alh gls silver
People just show up, hang out, eat, work on cars, then leave? I might be able to attend. I can bring food and watch cars get worked on. I probably won't need anything to drink :p

PeterV

TDIClub Enthusiast, HO5G Doyen & Zen Master
TDI
2000 Jetta 5 sp.
Please RSVP if you are arriving and also for garage space also.

PeterV

VeeDubTDI

TDI
4 of us

RSVPing for me, Jason, Sara and Curtis. We'll be arriving in one vehicle and we won't need garage space. A plug would be nice since it's going to be so cold, but not required.

david_594

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2000 Jetta GLS Silver
I'm pretty sure I will be attending. If i get real motivated I might embrace the garage to remove a wheel and fix my brake wear sensor cable.

BeetleGo

TDIClub Enthusiast, Pre-Forum Veteran Member
TDI
5-door, 5-speed Golf GLS replaced BeetleGo.
It looks like I’ll be able to make an appearance!
May need the lift to get at my front fenders!

Jetter_Sprinta

Veteran Member - TDIClub Contributor
TDI
2 Peeps sharing 1 UseYerName//an array of cars
Another year, another sad miss for me. With >100k, the red Audi would have been happy to spend the entire day on the lift and get lots of attention. I even need to do Gummi Pflege! Have fun everyone.:(

VeeDubTDI

TDI
We are hitting the road in about 10 minutes. See you around dinner time! :cool:

Sara is sick and can’t make the trip this year. :(

MonsterTDI09

TDI
2010 Jetta DSG/ up keep on 2009 Jetta DSG 2006 Jetta Pag 2 in North SEA Green
Have a safe tip Veedub . I can’t make it to Hog5g this year :(. I will see you guys at the auto show.