www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > VW TDI Discussion Areas > Dieselgate - VW Group Emission Scandal

Dieselgate - VW Group Emission Scandal Discussion around the VW Dieselgate Emissions scandal. Details and news updates can be viewed here: http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?goto=newpost&t=448336 This forum is a work in progress depending on requirements, usage, etc.

Old May 26th, 2017, 02:52   #601
jibberjive
Veteran Member

TDI(s): MK7 GSW

Anyone think it would be good to copy that spreadsheet as a blank one at a new address for the 3.0l buybacks that are just starting?
jibberjive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 29th, 2017, 14:40   #602
memphes.d

Question Buyback in a different state than state of purchase

Hi,

I purchased a brand new Passat TDI in May 2015 from Colorado. A new job moved me to Washington state in early 2017. My car is still in Colorado and will be transferring to Washington State by end-June 2017 before my license plate expires and save on registration expenses. I am torn between initiating and completing the buyback in Colorado state itself and initiating the buyback in Washington state later this year if it will not be a hassle. Any suggestions would be highly appreciated!

Memphes
memphes.d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 30th, 2017, 10:29   #603
kjclow
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: 55 max / 44 avg on beetle ~37 on JSW

Check to see if there is a difference in buyback dollars between the two areas. I don't remember the exact residence requirements, but ti might be something worth checking into.
Old June 4th, 2017, 15:39   #604
Danny Robot

TDI(s): 2014 JSW TDI

I don't want to be blamed for breaking the spreadsheet but to the OP. Do you want to add columns for AEM (Approved Emissions Modification) Fix and Payment. There are a couple vehicle categories that can actually get their vehicles "fixed" and there are a few diehards out there like myself that are waiting for that to happen.
Danny Robot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 6th, 2017, 21:42   #605
PacCoastFwy923
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by memphes.d View Post
I am torn between initiating and completing the buyback in Colorado state itself and initiating the buyback in Washington state later this year if it will not be a hassle. Any suggestions would be highly appreciated!
Memphes
It's of no consequence which state you or the car is in. The regional buyback amount is set based on the state the car was registered in in September 2015. You'll be promoted to furnish registration at the time you initiate the claim, but it doesn't matter which reg cert you use (CO or WA), since Colorado is the returning region for your offer.

There will be no problem beginning the process now but completing it elsewhere -- the preferred buyback dealership you choose at the outset is not binding.
Old June 26th, 2017, 08:33   #606
dieselover2

TDI(s): 2013 JETTA
Exclamation Owner's experience after emissions fix.

I have subscribed to the Dieselgate - VW Group, but can't find anything on possible/probable power loss after having the emissions fix performed by VW.
Have used different key phrases and advanced search w/o success. Would like to know what to expect if & when I have the fix done on my 2013 Jetta.
Being relatively new to the tdi club, am I missing something?
dieselover2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 26th, 2017, 10:48   #607
DanB36
Veteran Member

Since there is, as yet, no fix for a 2013 Jetta, nobody here can answer your questions.

"DanB36 seems to be always on point." - CT_White_SRT
Sold: 2000 Jetta GLS TDI, Atlantic Blue, 270k miles
Sold to Dieselgate: 2 x 2013 JSW DSG, 1 x 2013 Jetta Sedan DSG
DanB36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 1st, 2017, 13:54   #608
krlesch

I just received my $350 yesterday. Buyback was on May 9th. Didn't take very long at all.