www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > VW TDI Discussion Areas > TDI 101

TDI 101 Got a simple/basic TDI question? Are you a newbie (new to the forums). Feel free to post your question here.

Old April 10th, 2017, 11:28   #106
the beave

Fuel Economy: @ 2 Months: 45.53 combined. 04-02-2017 Vancouver Wa. Trip After Flash: 54.8 mpg Hiway 38.6 City
Default Now THIS is funny stuff!

Quote:
Originally Posted by McSpiffy View Post
Try this interactive guide, courtesy of Auburn VW . . . I've never been there but stumbled upon their website with this great guide!

http://www.auburnvw.com/MaintenanceMenu
I LIVE in Auburn, Washington!
And this is the dealership Me and My Wife bought our 2015 Jetta TDI from.

The other funny-NOT-is when I took it in around 2 mo. ago for the Part 1 of the settlement to get my Computer Flashed.
As we were doing the paperwork before they took it out back, the service lady told me it had been around 5000 miles since my first year maint. (August of 2016) and that I was due for an Oil change.
Uh, no, I'm not due until August. She said VW recommends it,
I said, Uh, NO. The Scheduled Maint in the book says an Oil Change EVERY YEAR OR 10,000 miles.
She said, 'well, it's there, and they buried it, you have to look to find it.
I then said, Well, we paid for an extra 2 years of maintenance so as long as it's covered go ahead and do it.
She said "Well, it's Not. You'll have to pay for it".
At this point I'm ready to explode, I am not embellishing this at all to make it sound more dramatic. What a bunch of Bull F ing Sh*t!
See, you really can't trust anybody anymore. They're all just liers.
So that's my Auburn, Washington Volkswagen dealership story.

Oh, and here's the punchline.......
I actually DID find a 'note' buried in one of the maintenance books, and sure enough it was there...."VW recommends for 'severe' driving (city) an Oil Change every 5000 miles" next to miles was a 'note' number.
Found the note number and it says that recommendation applies to the Jetta 2015 Gasser models, Not the Diesel TDI.

Flat out liers...........
the beave
the beave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 13th, 2017, 06:48   #107
the beave

Fuel Economy: @ 2 Months: 45.53 combined. 04-02-2017 Vancouver Wa. Trip After Flash: 54.8 mpg Hiway 38.6 City

Well, I might have to eat the 'Liars' word, here's an update from this past tuesday:
Started the TDI and got the 'Wrench' symbol and 5000 in the odometer.
So, I figured 'ah, it is telling me to get an oil change'. And then my wife said something that made sense: 'You know when they flashed the computer with the new software, they probably upped the frequency of Oil Changes cause the engines working harder'.
It makes sense.
Although VW should have stated that to me/us. But they didn't.
So my Auburn VW dealer was right, but they presented it to me the wrong way and I took it the wrong way.
So, now it DOES look like they want you to get an Oil change every 5000 instead of once a year/10000 miles.
I still love my 2015 Jetta!!!
the beave
Old April 14th, 2017, 23:04   #108
Mrrogers1
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: Never high enough but always trying for more.... (See signature)

Quote:
Originally Posted by the beave View Post
Well, I might have to eat the 'Liars' word, here's an update from this past tuesday:
Started the TDI and got the 'Wrench' symbol and 5000 in the odometer.
So, I figured 'ah, it is telling me to get an oil change'. And then my wife said something that made sense: 'You know when they flashed the computer with the new software, they probably upped the frequency of Oil Changes cause the engines working harder'.
It makes sense.
Although VW should have stated that to me/us. But they didn't.
So my Auburn VW dealer was right, but they presented it to me the wrong way and I took it the wrong way.
So, now it DOES look like they want you to get an Oil change every 5000 instead of once a year/10000 miles.
I still love my 2015 Jetta!!!
the beave
Maybe the "fix" has increased the post injection cycle which in turn increases the oil dilution.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
Old April 14th, 2017, 23:14   #109
turbobrick240
Veteran Member

They probably just reset the service reminder so they could fleece more money from customers on unnecessary oil changes.
turbobrick240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 1st, 2017, 13:09   #110
the beave

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbobrick240 View Post
They probably just reset the service reminder so they could fleece more money from customers on unnecessary oil changes.
Yes but they hold the cards here. Remember our TDI's used a specific oil. If we decline and something goes south then guess what?
It comes out to be $80 more per year, again, the car is worth it.
Beave
Old June 26th, 2017, 13:27   #111
turbobrick240
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by the beave View Post
Yes but they hold the cards here. Remember our TDI's used a specific oil. If we decline and something goes south then guess what?
It comes out to be $80 more per year, again, the car is worth it.
Beave

Yes, that specific oil is 507, and can be found quite easily. Even shipped to your doorstep. If they have truly changed the interval to 5k miles for warranty purposes, that's one thing. But I'm quite skeptical of that.
turbobrick240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 29th, 2017, 09:21   #112
Jetta_Pilot
Veteran Member

Location: West Hill, Ont. Mexico mid October 2017 to end of April 2018

This may be a dumb question. In the destructions for a 2015 Passat they want the air and snow filter replaced at 60k.

Where is the snow filter ???

I have to snicker because I do not see winter/snow.
Old June 29th, 2017, 11:33   #113
BobnOH
not-a-mechanic

Fuel Economy: 50/45/35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetta_Pilot View Post
This may be a dumb question. In the destructions for a 2015 Passat they want the air and snow filter replaced at 60k.

Where is the snow filter ???

I have to snicker because I do not see winter/snow.
Isn't that just a piece a fabric layered over the air filter? I think it's optional.
BobnOH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 30th, 2017, 12:14   #114
Jetta_Pilot
Veteran Member

Location: West Hill, Ont. Mexico mid October 2017 to end of April 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobnOH View Post
Isn't that just a piece a fabric layered over the air filter? I think it's optional.
Thanks. I'll pull the engine air filter and check it out.
Old July 14th, 2017, 17:07   #115
Ronner

Fuel Economy: 4.7l/100km. combined

Wonderful resources here at Freds TDI. Thanks guys! Ur awesome to do all that work for us. CHEERS!!!
Ronner is offline   Reply With Quote