Trusted TDI Mechanics - By State

LPC

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta, 1997 Jetta
Any one know Leo with Ottohaus in Charleston? Im looking at a ALH wagon he has been doing the maintenance work on. Thanks!

kjclow

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2010 JSW TDI silver and black. 2017 Ram Ecodiesel dark red with brown and beige interior.
Yes, that is the purpose of the list. But if you already looked in the thread, there must not be anyone close enough. Any well trained conscientious mechanic can fix your car, but they are hard to find. The list really helps, only trying to help....
Not arguing about the aid of the overall list except that the two listed in the Charlotte area do not return emails or phone calls. They are also further away than four dealers. So I am always looking for other options. Maybe in another ten+ years, I will have time to DIY.

panthers89fan90

Veteran Member
TDI
'03 Jetta TDI

Not arguing about the aid of the overall list except that the two listed in the Charlotte area do not return emails or phone calls. They are also further away than four dealers. So I am always looking for other options. Maybe in another ten+ years, I will have time to DIY.
I think it's worth the drive to a good TDI mechanic.

I highly recommend Appalachian Diesel Works near Asheville, NC. It was about a 2 and a half hour drive, but definitely worth it! Daniel is very skilled, passionate, and I will go back to him if I need something done to my TDI.

The list is outdated. I tried the 2 on the list that you are referring to because I'm only an hour from Charlotte. No answer to either person. I then expanded my search.

tebit

TDI
Passat
Anybody else go to JA Autowerks?
Took my Audi there for a timing belt service, ~ 3k miles later
the belt snapped, destroyed the engine. Apparently had a Volvo tech doing
timing belt services. Towed the car back and they let it sit for about 2 months until I pressured them to fix and suddenly it wasn't the untrained Volvo
techs fault but something else that seized, (isn't that convenient, after it sitting
in their lot for so long). Then they tried to make an offer to buy the car for junk price.

kjclow

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2010 JSW TDI silver and black. 2017 Ram Ecodiesel dark red with brown and beige interior.
That would bring too high of liability for those involved in keeping this site up and running.

ivonesh

TDI
2005 Jetta TDI Wagon
Just wanted to let everyone know that I had a great experience with a forum mechanic:

Automotive Consulting Services - 267-317-8229
Hatboro, PA
Roman (GotEuroCorrado)

I bought a 2005 Jetta TDI Wagon he had listed after flying out from Chicago. He picked me up and went thru the details of the car which were exactly as described via the forum and our phone calls. We went on a test drive, did paperwork, and I drove home 800 miles. He even called to check in on the car after I had been on the road for a few hours.

I wish he was local. I would bring my TDI to him for service anyday.

mdl3r1

TDI
2009 Jetta TDI Sedan
Hi all...any updates for Atlanta area? Posts are older... Have tried Roger Feldt and no response. Not sure if Troy Sent is still available and is farther from me as I am south of ATL.

Any info is appreciated...needing a tdi guru badly...

Thanks in advance.

Cha2ga

Veteran Member
TDI
'11 JSW
Hi all...any updates for Atlanta area? Posts are older... Have tried Roger Feldt and no response. Not sure if Troy Sent is still available and is farther from me as I am south of ATL.

Any info is appreciated...needing a tdi guru badly...

Thanks in advance.

Richard55 is in Rutledge GA

helfriwj

TDI
VW V10 TDI
VW TDI Mechanic arround Pittsburgh,PA

Does anyone have the name of a mechanic at a VW dealership that is familiar with VW V10 TDI in Touaregs?

TDI
2015 Porsche Cayenne diesel, 2005 Audi allroad 6spd, 2007 WCM ultralite (super 7)
i had my v10 serviced at thompson vw since it was under warranty. i had no issues. they are a vw/audi/porsche dealer. they are v10, phaton, and a8L approved so they have knowledgeable staff on hand.

tdmonster2

TDI
None
I would just like to add my +1 for Allen over at Cuz's TDI Werks in Fredericksburg, VA. Got his information off this list when I was looking at buying a 2002 Jetta TDI in the area, and he was super helpful in doing a pre-purchase inspection for me. Once I had bought the car (and used Allen's information to negotiate the price way down!), he performed great work getting it up and running again. There were a lot of things wrong, but it left his shop running like a champ.

Anyone in the Northern VA area, I highly recommend taking the drive down if you need service on your TDI.

cbarbera

TDI
golf 2000
Had a great experience with Matt Wallen (Car 54) from Woodbridge in Northern Virginia. Top notch mechanic and all around great guy. He changed timing belt, water pump, glow plugs, cleaned the intake, and even fixed my driver seat. He had some great stories as well. My car runs and sounds great!

Matt Wallen (Car 54) in Woodbridge
matt@hilineauto.com

Mk38

TDI
2000 Jetta
Hi, Is there anyone in the Norfolk, VA area or within 20 minutes? I have a 2000 Jetta that I need some advice on or if they can take a closer look at it.

STRANGETDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Audi A3 S-Line Premium Plus Quattro - APR Stage II
In CT, I would like to recommend:

Portland Automotive
131 Marlborough Street (RT. 66/17)
Portland CT, 06480
(860) 342 0640
www.portlandautomotive.com

These guy are really great, as seen on their website over the 300+ 5 star reviews. They also have a few diesel guys who know about all the different tunes and exhaust systems out there. I spent over an hour just chatting with them about a future tune and what I would be looking for.

Last edited:

Marisa05MKIV

TDI
05 Jetta Wagon GLS TDI
Looking to be added to the Member Recommended Mechanics List or have someone you want added?
There are many that ask how does one get on this list.
I will do my best here to help you understand what it takes.
After reading this, if you have any further questions, feel free to PM me.
First and foremost this is not a list for any and all mechanics.
If you are a TDIClub Vendor, this does not mean you bypass the rules below.
It's for Member Recommended Mechanics, specifically TDI Specialty mechanics.
The formula to qualify for this list is quite simple.
You must prove competent in repair & maintenance of our baby's that we paid a lot of hard earned money for.
You must use the right tools.
You must do things BY THE BOOK as VW intended.
This means using the right tools.
Secondly, you must not go replacing a turbo thinking its going to fix the car. You need to KNOW it's going to fix it. This is our hard earned money, remember? If the turbo is truely the problem, does the whole thing need replaced? This is an assembly. This means lots of parts on there that could be replaced rather than the whole assembly.
We look for member vouches on a mechanic to get on this list. How many we need may vary. If we have a high level technician on the forum here that refers a mechanic, chances are its going straight on the list. Otherwise we need more than one person to give a good word.
If you are referring, please be sure to have the confidence in whether this mechanic is doing things by the book and using the right tools. This means you gotta have knowledge of the manufacture's procedures yourself.
Also, be descriptive on why you are referring. Be sure to cite facts on proving to us this person should be on the list. Let us know what the symptoms were, what work was done, what tools were used, how much was charged. Does this shop specialize in only TDI’s, all European, any car on the road type shop.
Please utilize the following format when listing the shop:
ABC Shop
123 Road
City, State Zip-code
(123) 456-7890
ABC@shop.com
Any short blurb you may feel is relevant for the list
BTW, please post this rather than private message so others may comment.
After searching for weeks I have found the best shop in NW Tennessee for anyone stationed at Ft Campbell. They are not only the only AAA approved shop in 30 miles, they are also a NAPA auto center and Roger the service advisor is very thorough and researches on his own time so he can explain exactly what is being done, as in my 09A fluid change. The transmission fluid and brake fluid change cost only $243 when the dealer with poor reviews wanted $440 and couldn't even explain how they do it!

http://www.riversideautocaretn.com/

901 S Riverside Dr, Clarksville, TN 37040
Mon-Fri 8:00 am – 6:00 pm
(931) 906-0207

spangenberg

TDI
2006 Jetta TDI
Purchased a 2003 Jetta TDI with 220K 4 months ago and was told all maintenance was up to date, including timing belt. Driving home last night pulled out after filling her up, shifted to 2nd gear and the car jerked and died. Popped hood and found the timing belt had snapped :mad: Pulled it to my brothers shop and will tear into it tonight. Any hopes I won't have to replace the pistons and rods??? Looking for a good shop in Utah if it will be more than just the belt...

Were you ever able to find a good reliable shop? Looking to get my timing belt changed. Hope I dont have the same problem as you. Did you ever get it up and running?

Dr Quail

TDI
Jetta Wgn 03/ A4-5spd.
TDI Mechanic in central Ca. Former VW dealer Mech specializing in Audi N Vw

Found Yoshi Vang from my parts desk connection at Michael VW/Porsche/Audi. Vag-Com service, he just restored my A4 from limp-mode cleaning the intake manifold, cracked EGR and vac lines to N75 servo, etc. Only guy in this geographic area to handle the problems, dealers charge $100 to pull the CEL and never know how to solve the problem (ask me how I know). Great service, must make an appointment as he is busy. opens doors at 9:00am and works to 6:00pm. Honest and highly regarded by his former employer. Yoshi Vang at Sunrise Auto Clinic, 559-251-0000. 4518 E. Belmont Ave, Fresno, CA 93702.

miniion26

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 Mercedes E320 CDI
Just got my car back with a fresh timing belt kit and all the filters/oil changed+ new battery. IMHO he's got the best package on installed timing belts. Very happy with the quality of work, GotEuroCorrado really knows his stuff. I will not hesitate to have my cars serviced at his location again. Highly recommended!!!
Thanks again!
GotEuroCorrado
Automotive Consulting Services
21 North York Rd
Unit 3B
Hatboro PA 19040
(267) 317-8229

Last edited:

TDICube

Veteran Member
Hi, Is there anyone in the Norfolk, VA area or within 20 minutes? I have a 2000 Jetta that I need some advice on or if they can take a closer look at it.
I currently go to Brent Whitehead in Va Beach for major maintenance.
I have heard good things about Volks and Rings in Newport News from Stealth TDI(well-known TDI enthusiast).
TDICube

gwhaley

TDI
01 Jetta TDI
Any trusted mechanics in Houston, TX?

Looking for good independent mechanic in Houston, TX. I saw the ones listed in Austin and San Antonio, but am hoping to find one closer to south side of Houston. Preferably good TDI mechanic with ability to service other foreign cars too. Any leads are appreciated. Also, if there is a shop that I should not take a look at, please simply let me know that you wouldn't take your car there. Thanks!

mdl3r1

TDI
2009 Jetta TDI Sedan
Hi all,
Looking for VW mechanic in Central Georgia area, south of Atlanta. I have read all the posts I could find here, and have tried, to no avail, to reach the mechanics listed here in years past for this area.
Seems like they have moved on or no longer do this work, but would love to find out I am wrong, or, to find out who is closest to me in this year 2015.
I am needing the DSG service asap as well as a few other maintenance, and future, items.
Thanks in advance,
md

mr_y82

Veteran Member
TDI
Used to have... '11 Golf, 6-spd, 2-door
I third this motion. Daniel just did my 2Micron fuel kits and IC drain kit... He was great to talk to and did great work. I got the recommendation here and figured I should pass it along...

EDIT: Daniel also just did my DPF/EGR delete, exhaust install... he charged a higher labor rate for DPF, but he has to spend a lot of time on his back! Very happy with the work and the result! If you want to read more about the results here: http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?p=4850280#post4850280
I think it's worth the drive to a good TDI mechanic.
I highly recommend Appalachian Diesel Works near Asheville, NC. It was about a 2 and a half hour drive, but definitely worth it! Daniel is very skilled, passionate, and I will go back to him if I need something done to my TDI.
The list is outdated. I tried the 2 on the list that you are referring to because I'm only an hour from Charlotte. No answer to either person. I then expanded my search.
Please update list for new address of Daniel's shop:
Appalachian Diesel Works
Daniel Grindstaff, owner
2893 New Leicester Hwy (NC highway 63)
Leicester, NC 28748
https://www.google.com/maps/@35.657...!1e1!3m2!1sRKaa4z3KNm-GK1EXjqEpZA!2e0!6m1!1e1
aka "DG-TDI" on TDIclub
828-273-8951
degrindstaff@gmail.com
HIGHLY recommend for TDI owners in the WNC area :)

Last edited: