Twin Cities MN/Western WI GTG: June 7, 2014

merkerguitars

Veteran Member
TDI
01 Jetta
I know I was talking about this and I will probably shoot for early/middle May (so we can have the doors open, etc. I will edit this thread as time goes on.

Here are the details I have so far.

DATE: June 7th!

Time starts 9:00 AM

680 County Rd U
Hudson, WI 54016

We will be having a parts sale etc. If you want to buy parts let me know what you want me to have on hand.

JFettig and I will be able to do chip tuning on the spot, we are both Malone Tuning dealers. JFettig is the only one with equipment to do 99.5 and older TDI's (we will double check with Mark Malone on a set date to make sure he is available). I would like to have a list of people and cars (year, model, mods) so we can plan accordingly.

Food and stuffs we will have to plan, gas grill is available for use.

We should have a vag tacho cable buy then, so if anyone needs keys immobilized and adapted that will be the time, it won't be free but it will be a LOT less than the dealer :)

Not sure if my boss will allow any wrenching, but we'll see.

Also if I can get a list of who is planning on showing up.

Let's do this!:):D

Last edited:

Couleetdi

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat SE TDI
WI/MN get together

I will try to make it. I live near Eau Claire. Can't find my VAG Com cable, not sure if I lost it or someone borrowed it.

Would anyone be to there that has one.

Having ABS problem, I replaced the right front wheel sensor last fall, never got farther than that. My 24 year old niece was diagnosed with Stage 4 Hodgekins Lymphoma and my aunt (I"m her POA) is 89 fell and broke her hip. Needless to say, have not accomplished much this winter.

Drop a line if someone will have a cable there. Would still like to show up, used to go to GT near Madison.

couleetdi

white09

TDI
2009 jetta tdi
Id be willing to take the trip up if I can meet up with some others that are going from the south east part of the state, either way, I'll make the trip up.

B.Reilly01

TDI
2000 New Beetle TDI
Malone tuning will be available? Does that include immobilizer delete, and EGR delete? I'm looking at eco or stage 1, immo and EGR delete. My car only came with 1 broken key, and the door lock cylinder is busted. I've already blocked off the EGR and unhooked the solenoid, but I'd like to rid myself of that pesky CEL.

JFettig

Vendor
TDI
B5 Passat, 2010 Jetta
B. Reilly01, I can bring my stuff to do IMMO deletes if you want one done.

Merker can also adapt keys.

Last edited:

B.Reilly01

TDI
2000 New Beetle TDI
JFettig, that would be awesome. I'm not yet committed to going, and can't yet promise to buy a tune, there's several things that I'm waiting to fall into place. I hope to be there, but it's too far out right now for me to guarantee.

merkerguitars

Veteran Member
TDI
01 Jetta
I edited the date, it will be June 7th for sure.

Yup we did buy a vag tacho cable.

Is your door luck just stuck or will the key not go in?

B.Reilly01

TDI
2000 New Beetle TDI
Door lock was hosed. Key wouldn't go past the second tumbler. Lock was full of corrosion. I beat it apart, now is screwdriver capable, but at least I can lock it. The hatch is occasionally stuck too. The key I have is broken too. Fob is non functional and the key separates when pulled out of the ignition. I also only have 1 key. I think the simplest solution is to get a matching set of lock cylinders with 2 keys then either program the immobilizer to the new keys or delete immobilizer.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

sirpuddingfoot

Veteran Member
TDI
05 Passat, 05 Jetta

Had I subscribed like a normal person...
That's the 1 day, all summer...

Morning start? Then maybe I could be there for a couple hours.

mklabunde

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat SEL Premium

Had I subscribed like a normal person...
That's the 1 day, all summer...

Morning start? Then maybe I could be there for a couple hours.
yes what time does this start because if I come I will be coming from Milwaukee and need to know when I have to leave to get there in time.

white09

TDI
2009 jetta tdi
Anybody from mke wanna meet up and go up together? Also, when does this event go till?

SirSipsAbit

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Jetta TDi
VAG Tacos sounds good!

I know I was talking about this and I will probably shoot for early/middle May (so we can have the doors open, etc. I will edit this thread as time goes on.

Here are the details I have so far.

DATE: June 7th!

Time starts 9:00 AM

680 County Rd U
Hudson, WI 54016

We will be having a parts sale etc. If you want to buy parts let me know what you want me to have on hand.

JFettig and I will be able to do chip tuning on the spot, we are both Malone Tuning dealers. JFettig is the only one with equipment to do 99.5 and older TDI's (we will double check with Mark Malone on a set date to make sure he is available). I would like to have a list of people and cars (year, model, mods) so we can plan accordingly.

Food and stuffs we will have to plan, gas grill is available for use.

We should have a vag tacho cable buy then, so if anyone needs keys immobilized and adapted that will be the time, it won't be free but it will be a LOT less than the dealer :)

Not sure if my boss will allow any wrenching, but we'll see.

Also if I can get a list of who is planning on showing up.

Let's do this!:):D

TurbinD7

TDI
97' Jetta TDI and 99' NB
I'd be interested in going! I could bring my vcds also. JFettig I'd like to get a tune for my 97'. Not sure what you'd recommend for a stage. I have PP764's installed and egr blocked off and ccv mod but nothing else. Been wanting to get a tune done for a while now!!