www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > Meetings/ GTG/ Regional Discussions > Past TDIFests > TDIFest 2013

TDIFest 2013 Discussion about TDIFest 2013 on the Labour Day weekend (August 30th to September 1st, 2013) in Sunday River, near Bethel, Maine. Latest information in the TDIFest wiki.

Old September 7th, 2013, 09:33   #1
87homebuilttdi
Veteran Member

Default Thanks for a great weekend!

Writing to say that I am very glad to have decided to drive to Maine. Normally I would have elected to skip such an event, but Dave Oh talked me into it. I had numerous little bugs with the vehicle that caused me to hesitate but I resolved them and went out for a 60 mile drive with no problem. After that, all that was left was to register!
What a great job by all, you people really went out of your way to make it a fun, educational, and social event. I realize that you must have spent months getting it right.
Finally putting a face to the names on the club was great, as my imagination does this for me with usually very different results!
Blasted home in my street legal go-cart with no problems and even cruised with BKMETZ (I think it was him...) for the last hour, to bad I didn't have his phone number as he could have had a place to stay for the night!
Thank you for a great time.
Cam
87homebuilttdi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 7th, 2013, 10:22   #2
TDIMeister
Phd of TDIClub Enthusiast
Moderator at Large

TDI(s): TDI

Awesome Cam, glad you could have made it. Your coming made my weekend. My tent is drying and airing in the back yard now.

TDIMeister's German-imported 1998 Audi A4 Avant TDI quattro

Are you receiving unwelcome sales solicitations or inappropriate, harassing messages in your PM? You can report them by pressing the image on the top right of the message in a similar way as reporting inappropriate posts.
TDIMeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 7th, 2013, 16:59   #3
87homebuilttdi
Veteran Member

I forgot to ask people this last weekend, but I am wondering if anybody knows of any job opportunities in the automotive research and prototyping area, as of this moment I am unemployed and trying to correct the situation with something interesting and rewarding.
Cam
Old September 7th, 2013, 18:53   #4
TooRoundTDI
Skunk Rocker

TDI(s): 1998 Jetta
Fuel Economy: TBD

Quote:
Originally Posted by 87homebuilttdi View Post
I forgot to ask people this last weekend, but I am wondering if anybody knows of any job opportunities in the automotive research and prototyping area, as of this moment I am unemployed and trying to correct the situation with something interesting and rewarding.
Cam
I hope something comes up for you because you would be a huge asset to any engineering company that would hire you, no joke! I was blown away by your build presentations at fest.
Old September 7th, 2013, 20:27   #5
VeeDubTDI
Good Ol' Boy
TDIClub Enthusiast

Fuel Economy: see signature

Cam,

Thanks for making the trip! It was great to meet you and see your really unique creation... Unfortunately I didn't have enough time to see your build presentation, but I know a lot of people really enjoyed it.

Hope to see you again soon, and good luck with the job hunt!

-Lawson

Trusted TDI Mechanics Map || TDIClub Chat
VeeDubTDI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 9th, 2013, 10:57   #6
fursty

Fuel Economy: 42/47/58 mpg

Cam, What is your background in? I will keep you in mind if something comes up here at Delphi in Henrietta.
fursty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 9th, 2013, 17:06   #7
87homebuilttdi
Veteran Member

Fursty,
Thank you, I would like to go there and check it out. Maybe talk to somebody...Could you pm me?