www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > VW TDI Discussion Areas > OBD Scanners

OBD Scanners Discussions on using On Board Diagnostic (OBD) scanners/ Diagnostic Equipment related to TDIs

Old December 14th, 2006, 23:09   #16
onehotspud
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: 59/45/36

Up from the grave this thread arose!!!

Look here for one way to do it. The other is to buy the KVW100 from World Impex. There is no known way to do it using VAG-COM.
A few steps closer to a CoolWht clone...
onehotspud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 27th, 2006, 12:14   #17
tos

Fuel Economy: 5.5-7 l/100km
Thumbs down Car without keyless entry

I have -99 Golf TDI without OEM keyless entry.

Can I somehow recode the central convience system, until it will accepts OEM tansmitter/keyfob?

I have transimitter HLO 1J0 959 A

1J0 959 799 H
soft coding 00257
WSC 01317
Extra: 1J1959801C 04 Tőrsteuerger . FS0001 | 1J1959802D 04 Tőrsteuerger. BF0001

-
Thank you !
and
Happy new year 2007 and sorry about my english
tos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 28th, 2006, 20:11   #18
SilverGhost
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tos
I have -99 Golf TDI without OEM keyless entry.

Can I somehow recode the central convience system, until it will accepts OEM tansmitter/keyfob?

First; that is the manufacture code (Hella) and about 2/3 of the part number. Drop the HLO and there should be three more numbers between 959 and A. Example from my car; 1J0 959 753 AH. And don't worry, the letters at the end are changes made to the original part so A would be the first time the part was changed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tos
1J0 959 799 H
soft coding 00257
WSC 01317
Extra: 1J1959801C 04 Tőrsteuerger . FS0001 | 1J1959802D 04 Tőrsteuerger. BF0001

-
Thank you !
and
Happy new year 2007 and sorry about my english
Hopefully someone will chime in about the exact part number, but I think you have to have the comfort module made for remotes. The receiver and antena are probably missing from your car because it did not come with remotes.

Maybe post over in the forum for upgrades non-TDI engine relate?
SilverGhost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 28th, 2006, 23:01   #19
tos

Quote:
Hmm I made some spelling mistake, and forgot those 3 numbers.
Here is a picture from the transmitter:
http://tos.pp.fi/koukku/DSC09118.JPG

Quote:
I think you have to have the comfort module made for remotes.
My comfort module will open and close windows, when i keep my car keys into the lock and turn them. (i dont know the right spelling)

I have to ask from vw vortex forums...
Thank you
Old December 29th, 2006, 09:19   #20
SilverGhost
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tos
Hmm I made some spelling mistake, and forgot those 3 numbers.
Here is a picture from the transmitter:
http://tos.pp.fi/koukku/DSC09118.JPG

My comfort module will open and close windows, when i keep my car keys into the lock and turn them. (i dont know the right spelling)

I have to ask from vw vortex forums...
Thank you
Yeah, VW sometimes drops part of the part number off for unknown reasons.
If you send me your VIN (serial number of your car) I can check the PR codes to see if you have a comfort module that supports remotes.

Last edited by SilverGhost; December 29th, 2006 at 09:21.
Old December 30th, 2006, 08:03   #21
tos

Quote:
Yeah, VW sometimes drops part of the part number off for unknown reasons.
If you send me your VIN (serial number of your car) I can check the PR codes to see if you have a comfort module that supports remotes.
I sent an email to your msn IM adress.
Old January 8th, 2007, 11:25   #22
Dunno513
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: 44.5 lifetime

ECS Tuning has this as a "NEW PRODUCT" currently backordered.

It appears to be for the A4's since the new A5's can be programmed via Vag-Com

KVW100 Window Roll Up/Down Flash Load Module
Control Volkswagen windows and sunroof with your remote keyfob.
For years Audi owners have had the luxury of being able to control window up and down functions via keyfob remote. Now Volkswagen owners can enjoy the same feature! The KVW100 is a single use flash load device that will program your VW convenience control module with the necessary coding to control your windows via key fob remote. Installation is extremely easy and can be completed in minutes. Please note this is not a feature that can be enabled via VAG-COM this unit flashes the convenience control module with new coding.Modules 1C0 or 6Q0

Modules 1C0 or 6Q0
  • One touch lock button :: Windows and sunroof roll up and close automatically
  • Double tap lock button (lock+lock) :: Windows and sunroof maintain original position
  • Hold remote unlock button :: Windows will roll down until unlock button is released
Modules 1J0
  • Press and hold lock :: Windows and sunroof roll up and close until button released
  • Press and hold unlock :: Windows roll down until button is released
Dunno513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 23rd, 2007, 06:07   #23
ReferenceDesign
Veteran Member

I just purchased the KVW100 from www.vagproduct.com in China. It is a one use device that plugs to the obdII connector and flashes the convenience module, probably similar to what the VDS-Pro tool allows you to do.

One issue is with key coding. Have all the keys coded that you will want to work with the system as I think the flash from the KVW100 is undone if the key profile is changed.

I also ordered the VAGtacho USB cable and read my 4 digit SKC (secret key code) on a 2000 TDI and a 2001.5 1.8T. And then made a key work!
The cable cost $60. The dealer wants $100 for one car. No brainer. Almost forgot, they have key sets with blank blades w/remote for $40.
Total dealer for one key $260. Total www.varproduct.com for one key $100 and I can do it again for $40.

BTW if you set the immo number of keys to zero the car will run with blank keys but the Immo light in the cluster will flash at a faster rate all the time.
ReferenceDesign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 23rd, 2007, 10:07   #24
SilverGhost
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunno513
ECS Tuning has this as a "NEW PRODUCT" currently backordered.

It appears to be for the A4's since the new A5's can be programmed via Vag-Com

KVW100 Window Roll Up/Down Flash Load Module
Control Volkswagen windows and sunroof with your remote keyfob.
For years Audi owners have had the luxury of being able to control window up and down functions via keyfob remote. Now Volkswagen owners can enjoy the same feature! The KVW100 is a single use flash load device that will program your VW convenience control module with the necessary coding to control your windows via key fob remote. Installation is extremely easy and can be completed in minutes. Please note this is not a feature that can be enabled via VAG-COM this unit flashes the convenience control module with new coding.Modules 1C0 or 6Q0

Modules 1C0 or 6Q0
  • One touch lock button :: Windows and sunroof roll up and close automatically
  • Double tap lock button (lock+lock) :: Windows and sunroof maintain original position
  • Hold remote unlock button :: Windows will roll down until unlock button is released
Modules 1J0
  • Press and hold lock :: Windows and sunroof roll up and close until button released
  • Press and hold unlock :: Windows roll down until button is released
One word of caution. As I just figured out reading over in the VDS PRO power folding mirror thread, once you have used the KVW1000 you will no longer be able to read/write eeprom. Also there are some bugs in it that have other members scambling to fix (like the alarm horn not working and the rear hatch issue).

After all this I have this sumery; if all you want is to roll your windows up or down with the remotes then get a KVW1000, however if you want to (or think you might in the future) change other settings then DON'T use the KVW1000.

Jason
Old January 29th, 2009, 14:36   #25
AndyPee!!

Default Convenience..Door issue

Hi, everyone...
Have an issue with my back doors on my 98 golf mk4, which im told is the convenience module....basically back doors wont open/like child locks are on and the drivers side central locking not working either...
'Sound about right? how do i know which module i need and is it expensive to get fitted or DIY? thanks
AndyPee!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 28th, 2013, 07:18   #26
Goran10

Is there any way by using VAG COM to be sure that central convenience unit is working properly? I am asking this because I have a problem with mine, and the unit is dry (no water leaking), altough I see that some wires show corrosion on them, so that could be a problem.

But anyway, can we, using VAG-COM safely conclude that unit is functioning properly, or not?
Goran10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 3rd, 2013, 13:12   #27
Craig1977

TDI(s): 2001 jetta

I'm new to the forum and the club, and I've yet to receive my HEX-CAN interface that I've just ordered. I've a 2001 TDI jetta, 140,000 k, and am recieving PO380 codes, (Glow plug/Heat), of which I can delete for a day or two, before it re appears, and with it the check engine light. I've checked the glow plugs according to Glow-Plugs 101, and I've found nothing so my guess is the harness or the controller. But it starts fine, and I'm wondering if I can use the VAG-Com interface and software to stop my car from seeing this code, hence keeping the check engine light off? Any insights would be great
Craig1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 6th, 2013, 14:35   #28
SilverGhost
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig1977 View Post
I'm new to the forum and the club, and I've yet to receive my HEX-CAN interface that I've just ordered. I've a 2001 TDI jetta, 140,000 k, and am recieving PO380 codes, (Glow plug/Heat), of which I can delete for a day or two, before it re appears, and with it the check engine light. I've checked the glow plugs according to Glow-Plugs 101, and I've found nothing so my guess is the harness or the controller. But it starts fine, and I'm wondering if I can use the VAG-Com interface and software to stop my car from seeing this code, hence keeping the check engine light off? Any insights would be great
This thread is for CCM. I'll PM you about your glow plugs

Jason