www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > Meetings/ GTG/ Regional Discussions > Past TDIFests > TDIFest 2013

TDIFest 2013 Discussion about TDIFest 2013 on the Labour Day weekend (August 30th to September 1st, 2013) in Sunday River, near Bethel, Maine. Latest information in the TDIFest wiki.

Old September 2nd, 2013, 18:44   #1
puredata

Smile Thanks, everybody!

First off, I am terrible with names, so if I forget a name, very sorry!
Anyways... I'm happy to report that my car made it home, back to Ontario! On that note; many thanks to Chris for trying to help me figure out my failtronic transmission, and also to Jason for using my car during the VCDS tech session to try and figure out any help with the transmission codes, too! Also, thank you again Jason for driving me down Washington on Saturday, that migraine was killing me!
Speaking of the auto road, Richard and I went back up on Sunday, and we will have something (a surprise) for you all soon. .. I'll let Richard break the news on that
Other memorable mentions... AndyBees, your van conversion is inspiring! Makes me not feel so bar for wanting to do a 6sp swap with 4motion in my Wagon lol.
Same goes with Cam. You built that, one of a kind, amazing supercar. Awesome, and absolutely loved seeing it!
There were so many more people who helped with my car, VCDS, test driving, opinions, finding fluids, etc. To not make my message a book long, you know who you are, and I thank you!
Speaking of Thanks... You are ALL the must welcoming people I have ever met. Having met none of you before this weekend, and yet all helped me out. None of you looked down on me for sleeping in my car, or cooking on a camp stove. You all made me feel like I belong and was welcome. Yes, this weekend was about budget for me, and nervous as I was for that, again, you were all very welcoming, so thank you.
Lastly (unless I missed something, probably)... I missed my pickup from idparts on Sunday! I am sure we will get it sorted out....
But once again, thank you everybody, and sorry I did not get to say goodbye in person... I wanted to make sure u made it back with my tranny problem; so I pushed off after the second trip up the mountain, and everybody was already at the top of the Hill...
Looking forward to 2014!!!
Andrew
puredata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 2nd, 2013, 19:06   #2
AndyBees
Veteran Member

Thank you for being a part of one heck of an event! Yes, you can do it!
'84 Vanagon '02 ALH TDI engine(32 to 35+ MPGs consistently) Malone Stage 1 tune. Road trip to Nova Scotia 2013. Road trip to Alaska summer 2014 & 2016, 11k & 12k miles. 80k miles on install, Jetta Cluster odometer currently at 209k miles.
AndyBees is online now   Reply With Quote
Old September 3rd, 2013, 11:24   #3
TDIMeister
Phd of TDIClub Enthusiast
Moderator at Large

TDI(s): TDI

Glad you made it back safely, Andrew! Looking forward to hanging out again!

TDIMeister's German-imported 1998 Audi A4 Avant TDI quattro

Are you receiving unwelcome sales solicitations or inappropriate, harassing messages in your PM? You can report them by pressing the image on the top right of the message in a similar way as reporting inappropriate posts.
TDIMeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 4th, 2013, 12:03   #4
VeeDubTDI
Good Ol' Boy
TDIClub Enthusiast

Fuel Economy: see signature

Andrew,

Glad you could join the fun with your daughter... I hope she enjoyed the weekend.

-Lawson

Trusted TDI Mechanics Map || TDIClub Chat
VeeDubTDI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 4th, 2013, 18:16   #5
puredata

We had a blast, and looking forward to the next one! Would have had more fun if I was not busy worrying about my tranny... but... had a blast anyways On a good note, went with a co-worker last night to pick up her new-to-her '04 TDI/Wagon/5sp... after driving it, all I can say if... someday I will have that much fun, after a swap lol.

That being said... I'm stuck on the fence about what to do with my tranny. It IS surging... every time there is slight pressure on the TC, it surges, 100 RPM or so, every few seconds...

Local shop wants to drain/flush/fill... for $350... with no guarantee it would work. Way too much IMHO, especially with no promise of it working. I really NEED the car to stay auto/failtronic for a few years, as it's my wife's car, who refuses to drive stick. Mine is a 2000 Jetta/TDI/5sp. I just need to find somebody /local/ that can rip in to it with me (by 'with me' I really mean 'I will watch, because I don't have a clue' lol.
Old September 4th, 2013, 18:21   #6
TDIMeister
Phd of TDIClub Enthusiast
Moderator at Large

TDI(s): TDI

ymz is not too far from you. He loves them 03 wagons as well, maybe he could be a resource to you.

TDIMeister's German-imported 1998 Audi A4 Avant TDI quattro

Are you receiving unwelcome sales solicitations or inappropriate, harassing messages in your PM? You can report them by pressing the image on the top right of the message in a similar way as reporting inappropriate posts.
TDIMeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 4th, 2013, 18:47   #7
puredata

Thanks, Dave... sent pm to ymz