What did you do to your mk6 Jetta today?

foggedz

TDI
2013 Jetta TDI
Installed my ST coilovers and 19" Neuspeed wheels over the weekend. Not a fun job, let me tell you the fronts were a pain in the rump. Got everything aligned today.

Your car looks nice with those wheels! I have a candy white Jetta also, and I would like to go with a set of 18 VMR V710 wheels. Have you done a MPG comparison before, and after the wheel change? I keep reading posts of people claiming they lost 5+MPG by going with larger wheels... That just sounds crazy to me. I can see a slight drop but 5+MPG is crazy to me. Esp when other TDI models come stock with 18in wheels and still get comparable mileage from the factory.

GarrettTDI

TDI
2011 Jetta TDI 6 speed
I put on 18" Enkie EKM3 and Hankook Ventus V12 Evo hi performance directionals, I have a 2011 TDI manual and I noticed a def drop in mileage, added a VW roof rack and bike carrier and it got worse obviously and I drive fast most of the time commuting to work... Stock I used to get 600 miles to 14 gallons regularly now with rims/tires and roof rack maybe 550-570 depending on how far I want to push it..

Savageman69

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2012 Highline Touareg TDI
unreal...i added right side wheel controls about a year ago, lost the horn when i did it. Didnt realize for a week or 2 so i asked the dealer to inspect it and figure it out. They couldnt and said that i need to remove the controls as they were the issue. Went to another dealer and they said the same thing horn worked when fed 12v but right side controls must have messed it up.

I was lazy and didnt want to pull the bag and remove the controls because i love them...started looking at why it would cause this and talking with CDN TDI on here (john) and he is awesome.....told me there is a small cylinder style connector on the bag that likely was off...sure enough its a little tiny bugger that doesnt look like a connector but slipped it on and bam horn works lol

Cannot believe it took this long or the dealers couldnt find it....big thanks to john again hes great and a pro when it comes to the wiring and vcds

Last edited:

solid19snake

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Jetta TDI 6MT (sold)
Best tank ever for me this weekend on my trip from DC to Pittsburgh to Ashtabula, OH and back. First tank without PS Diesel Kleen since I bought the car too because I forgot to fill my bottles and put them in the trunk... hmmmmm

Savageman69

Top Post Dawg
TDI
SO jealous beals those are the ones i want...please give us feed back on these bad boys...how the highbeams are ect...i wanna pull the trigger on a set

SB80

TDI
2011 Jetta TDI DSG Highline
Hey guys, I`m new here.........I had my first real day of driving my 2011 TDI highline as I just picked up on Saturday.

thought it would be hard to part with my Infiniti G35 coupe.......but TDI has been a pleasure to drive and loving all the toys also. If anyone (or know anyone) that wants a 2 door sports car, drop me a line :)

Savageman69

Top Post Dawg
TDI
loaded the rawtek into the trunk...off tomorrow night for the long trek to the installer....soon to come malone stg 2 and rawtek i dont think ive ever been so giddy :)

Beals

TDI
2011 Jetta 2.5 SE

Those look great, where did you get them? And how much?
Installed pics? lol
I have them installed. It was an easy install. I got them from Vancity on this forum he's located in vancouver. I'll get some good pics up soon.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2

DUDGY

TDI
2006 Jetta & 2013 Jetta
Looks good I think I wanna do my rims, I wonder how easy it is to peel it off the rims if I don't like it, a lot of little corners and spokes

pnyknight

Veteran Member
TDI
'02 Jetta 1.9 GLS, reflex silver (pseudo wrecked Apr10/13); 2013 Candy White Jetta TDI
Gave my '13 CW it's first fill up yesterday, no issues with the MFA. However the trip2 odo looks like it some how reset itself :S

fede179070

Veteran Member
TDI
VW
Put in the dieselgeek sigma 6 shifter kit, after the dealership told me they fixed my problem when they actually did not.

fede179070

Veteran Member
TDI
VW
Loving the mod so far. I also have the panzer skid plate in my living room and I am trying to figure out a safe& cheap way to lift my car to do the install myself. I'd really rather avoid pay somebody else to do the dirty job. Any suggestions?

Fede

Savageman69

Top Post Dawg
TDI
drove home...700km trip lol, made some good time thanks to the newly installed malone stage 2 and rawtek :)

JaredC01

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat SE - 6MT
Installed the first 2micron Pure Flow / Contain Flow kits in a Mk VI Sedan. :)

Both kits installed...

Contain Flow installed (engine running)...

Pure Flow installed...

JaredC01

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat SE - 6MT
Not nearly as difficult as I had anticipated. I got them direct from 2micron as one of the testers (specifically the first Mk VI sedan tester). Took a couple of hours without having a clue what I was doing. Next one would be a bit over an hour maybe, not including VCDS fuel priming.

JaredC01

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat SE - 6MT
As a side note, the amount of engineering in the kit really is quite phenomenal. Andrew has done a hell of a job making everything work just right!

If anyone in the St. Louis area picks up a kit when they're out to the masses, I'd gladly help with the install for a beer or two. :)