Non-OEM Springs & Suspension Stance Photos

tothemax

Top Post Dawg
TDI
TDIs: 2003 Jetta, 2016 Q5 3.0
Here is a thread to share photos of the Non-OEM Springs & Suspension Stances. Please post up photos of your car stance on your non-OEM Springs & Suspension. I posted Shine stance below, but pls post stances on Moog, Eichbach, KW, B&G, H&R, FK, Neuspeed race, Blisteins PSS9's, Koni coilovers or any other one you want to share.

Here is the stance on my MKIV Golf with Koni Yellows, Shine VR6 springs, w/ 18" BBS RC's

Review:
I generally like the springs and Koni yellow combo. Although the springs feel much stiffer than stock. I am told the rate of these VR6 Shine Springs are 250 lbs. If you like a more sporty feel and more response, less body roll in turns, these are a good choice. If you like a more plush/ OE feel, stick with the OE springs because these are absolutely stiffer.

DIY Tips:
The rears are much longer that stock so one really has to spread apart to get these in. I ended up jacking up the car, removing the old springs. Then inserting the widow maker OE jack on the one side to jack apart (same spot where the spring used to be). I had my son push down the wheel on the other side and was able to spread apart enough to get the springs in. (barely)

Could not find my spring compressors so this was the only white trash method I could think of ... If someone has an easier way to get these in, pls share it...

Last edited:

FlyTDI Guy

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'01 Jetta GLS
Too bad this is titled for Shine only. I think it would be useful for others to see the end stance for various spring/strut installs including all mfg's. I know my Eibach ProKit springs on OEM struts ended up a little lower than I would have liked. A thread like this could have been useful. Carry on... :cool:

tothemax

Top Post Dawg
TDI
TDIs: 2003 Jetta, 2016 Q5 3.0
Too bad this is titled for Shine only. I think it would be useful for others to see the end stance for various spring/strut installs including all mfg's. I know my Eibach ProKit springs on OEM struts ended up a little lower than I would have liked. A thread like this could have been useful. Carry on... :cool:
No problemos... maybe we can ask our moderators to delete and we can repost it with different language so that everyone can post photos of their stance to help people choose what they like...

Growler

Got Soot Vendor
TDI
Schmutz, 2015 Golf Sportwagen DSG & Schnurren, 2001 Golf GL 2 door 5M
just ask the mods to change the title of this one. they did it for me for my GTG thread earlier this year.

Jeffbucc

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Jetta Sportswagen TDI
If changing title is gonna happen, I'll contribute!

KW Variant 3 coilovers and 18X8.5 V708/235/40/18 Hankook Evo k12.
Ride: Simply put, it is amazing, car is very compliant, yet perfectly stable in the corners. Tossed it in hard on a freeway exit and was glad to see I hadn't taken away all my understeer(especially after reading the "what is handling" thread.
Stock front sway bar, with a 28 MM rear sway bar set to 200% stiffness.

Still need to play with the rebound and compression settings for a little more agreeable daily driver suppleness, but it is very good as is.

Last edited:

Seatman

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2014 Skoda rapid elegance 1.6 cr tdi
Well sod it, I'll chuck mine in regardless lol

35mm drop on lesjofor springs with bilstien b4 shocks, the rears are off the hatch and are the perfect length for the drop.

Audi TT 18' rims

Last edited:

03Springer

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Golf GL+ 2013 A3 TDI
2003 on Moog VR6 springs (front) GTI springs (rear) and Koni Reds on all four corners and a ID Parts RSB. The wheels are Audi TT Speedlines with Continental DWS tires, 205-55-16.

Last edited:

sirpuddingfoot

Veteran Member
TDI
05 Passat, 05 Jetta
35mm drop H&R Sport Springs, stock shocks/struts. 18" TT/RS4 replicas with 225/40 tires (before I put the center caps on).

3L3M3NT

Veteran Member
TDI
04 Jetta GLS TDI, 04 RTDI
My current suspension setup is Koni Coilovers, Neuspeed 28mm Rear Swaybar in the middle setting, 17x8" OZ Racing Superleggera wheels with 235/45/17 Dunlop Direzza V2 tires.

Review: In my opinion the Konis ride great, granted they are set at the highest recommended setting for the coils, so the car handles awesome with the coilovers in the middle setting for the rebound and the coils set to the max recommended height. The rear swaybar really helps the car corner and when the Limited Slip Diff was added it really helped pull the car out of the corner.

str8t six

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 GLS TDI
heres my jetta with Eibach pro lowering springs and stock struts. im running stock sized 225/45R17's

Joester

Vendor
TDI
2002 Golf TDI
Ooh, I'll play!

Here's Bilstein Sport struts and shocks on H&R sport springs.

Its a GL on GLS Avus rims. I've got some Long beaches I'm refinishing now.

NArias24

TDI
2002 Golf TDI
Been on Raceland Ultimo Coilovers for a long while now and still love em :) about 24FTG all around with no real issues. Drive it pretty hard definitley not low and slow haha

Last edited:

terrydtdi

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 MK4 TDI Jetta 5spd
Been on Raceland Ultimo Coilovers for a long while now and still love em :) about 24FTG all around with no real issues. Drive it pretty hard definitley not low and slow haha

I really like the stance on you car. How are the race land coilovers when you have multiple people in the car?

NArias24

TDI
2002 Golf TDI
I really like the stance on you car. How are the race land coilovers when you have multiple people in the car?
Thanks man appreciate it. With a full car (4 people) or luggage in the back, the back right tire will rub on every little bump but I think that's from my wheel offset along with my rear beam being off center (gunna fix soon). Besides that they ride pretty well. Not perfectly smooth as they are cheaper then most but not super bumpy and uncomfortable either

FlyTDI Guy

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'01 Jetta GLS
Not to be a nit-picker but NARias24, would you mind going back and editing your post pics so they all stack vertically? The side-by-side pic is blowing everything off the screen making everyone scroll sideways to read new posts. Adding a CR (carriage return) after the first pic will make all the new posts (and I think there will be many) much easier to read. Thanks and great looking cars...

NArias24

TDI
2002 Golf TDI
Not to be a nit-picker but NARias24, would you mind going back and editing your post pics so they all stack vertically? The side-by-side pic is blowing everything off the screen making everyone scroll sideways to read new posts. Adding a CR (carriage return) after the first pic will make all the new posts (and I think there will be many) much easier to read. Thanks and great looking cars...
Sorry they show all vertical on my browser (chrome) so I had no idea it was doing this. How do i add the CR?

FlyTDI Guy

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'01 Jetta GLS
Just hit return between Pic1 and Pic2 so the line starting w/ for the second pic starts on a new line, not the same line as the first pic. I run a screen resolution of 1920x1280 and I can't get it all in one page... have to scroll right to see. Thanks and, again, don't meant to nitpick but it is a minor annoyance.

Addendum: I guess an easier way to put it is start each picture on a new line like this:

[PLAIN][img]http://www.whateversite.com/1stpic.jpg
[/PLAIN]

not this...

[img]http://www.whateversite.com/1stpic.jpg[/img][img]http://www.whateversite.com/2ndpic.jpg[/img]

Thx agin...

Last edited:

Fix_Until_Broke

Top Post Dawg
TDI
03 Jetta, 03 TT TDI
Moog Springs from Rock Auto (from the Beef on a Budget thread)
Koni FSD's
IDParts RSB
Michelin 215/55/17's on Drag 17x? Rims
Wavetrack LSD
Everything (except the tires) has ~30k miles on it so it's all settled in

Overall, I'm very happy with it - Ride is a little firmer than stock but not harsh by any means, rear sway bar and FSD's really work well together, handling is neutral with a little bias to understeer. For the first few thousand miles I would turn in and have to correct right away so I didn't hit the inside curb :) The turn in was sooo much better than stock. The LSD is also very helpful for powering out of corners so long as you don't overpower the tires (such as in the snow) in which case you go in a straight line.

There's a little body roll on quick transitions and initial turn in but it settles in very quickly. Autocrossing is not it's thing, but is has very good road manners and high speed corners are lots of fun - you can steer with the throttle and there's all kinds of transition from full grip to completely out of control so it's very forgiving. I think this is "Grand Touring" from the "What is Handling" thread.

The back could come down ~3/4" or so, but it rides much better/flatter when I have 200lb tongue weight pulling a trailer and another 200lb in the trunk so I deal with a little downhill stance.

The taller tires and the DRW 6 speed give 1650 RPM at 60 MPH and the speedometer is dead on for once which is nice.

I really like the BBS RC wheels that some have, but these were super cheap (used) an look better than my stock 15" steelies :)

Modshack

TDI
Beetle convertible
(sorta) OEM
2013 Beetle TDi convertible on:

Front: Golf R springs, GTi Struts, 10mm spacers, Spring rate + 23%
Rear: GTi springs, GTi shocks, GTi ARB, 15mm spacers, Spring rate + 7.5% Plus a ARB increase from 18 to 22mm
Drop: 1/2" front, 7/8" rear

Last edited:

skramer

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 GSW SE 6MT
(sorta) OEM
2013 Beetle TDi convertible on:

Front: Golf R springs, GTi Struts, 10mm spacers, Spring rate + 23%
Rear: GTi springs, GTi shocks, GTi ARB, 15mm spacers, Spring rate + 7.5% Plus a ARB increase from 18 to 22mm
Drop: 1/2" front, 7/8" rear

Nice! I actually like the Beetle Convertibles this go around :)

Where did you get the spacers from? Going with VWR springs soon, but wanting to add a spacer to the rear

Modshack

TDI
Beetle convertible
Nice! I actually like the Beetle Convertibles this go around :)

Where did you get the spacers from? Going with VWR springs soon, but wanting to add a spacer to the rear
Yeah, They've done a very nice job on the re-design. Spacers are 42 draft design. 15mm on the rear makes them about perfectly flush..Same on my old '11 GTi..

NArias24

TDI
2002 Golf TDI
Just hit return between Pic1 and Pic2 so the line starting w/ for the second pic starts on a new line, not the same line as the first pic. I run a screen resolution of 1920x1280 and I can't get it all in one page... have to scroll right to see. Thanks and, again, don't meant to nitpick but it is a minor annoyance.
Addendum: I guess an easier way to put it is start each picture on a new line like this:
[PLAIN][img]http://www.whateversite.com/1stpic.jpg
[/PLAIN]
not this...
[img]http://www.whateversite.com/1stpic.jpg[/img][img]http://www.whateversite.com/2ndpic.jpg[/img]
Thx agin...
The Image codes have been like that since I posted but I will go back and put a full line of space between them. I understand how that is frustrating but like I said it displays normal on mine so It is hard for me to tell if the problem is fixed or not

DubLife

TDI
'03 Jetta TDI

Ultimo coilovers
Front: Polo strut bushings, half caps

Rear: Cut bumpstops

Wheels : 18x8 ET20 BBS RC090 aka Style 5's
Polished lips and hardware, silver faces, black barrels, polished hex cap from lincoln continental, polished bbs center caps

Tires: 215/45/17 falken 912

Last edited: