www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > Meetings/ GTG/ Regional Discussions > Past TDIFests > TDIFest 2012

TDIFest 2012 Discussion about TDIFest 2012 on the Labour Day weekend (August 31st to September 2nd, 2012) in Ypsilanti (Ypsi), Michigan.

Old September 6th, 2012, 05:11   #481
oilhammer
Certified Volkswagen Nut Vendor

Fuel Economy: fantastic

I got 56.39 MPG on the way there, including all the crazy driving around the area to and from K2K. That also included an hour long stop-n-go period outside Indy .

Return tank was only 52.21 MPGs.... I hit a LOT of rain in Ohio, was even in 4th gear for a bit during some downpours on that tank.

My Golf kicks ass....
Old September 6th, 2012, 07:23   #482
jasonTDI

Fuel Economy: 13.7 c, 12-15 towing hwy. 17-19

And he was my client!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoBlueWagon View Post
Corey and I were talking on the way home about the absence of MKVI Jetta sedans. I saw one white one in the parking lot and that was it. I think it bears out the hypothesis that new Jetta sedans are not purchased as often by VW die-hards.
Old September 6th, 2012, 07:45   #483
VW Derf
Administrator

Fuel Economy: 5.9L / 100km

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoBlueWagon View Post
Corey and I were talking on the way home about the absence of MKVI Jetta sedans. I saw one white one in the parking lot and that was it. I think it bears out the hypothesis that new Jetta sedans are not purchased as often by VW die-hards.
Ya, that white MKVI was The Ripsters' (lead TDIfest 2002 organizer), who had to leave earlier than planned. As far as I'm aware of that was the only MkVI this time around. I was suprised at the number of new Passats.

2010 Golf Highline Wagon (Blue Graphite Pearl)
Aspherical Mirrors

- Past VWs:
2003 Indigo Blue TDI Bora Wagon;1996.5 Black 2.sl0w Golf
VW Derf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 6th, 2012, 10:06   #484
TheGrove
TDIClub Enthusiast
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeeDubTDI View Post
The CB helped me steer clear of the accident - glad I have it. I also used Waze to reroute me and got updates from car54 who was stuck in the backup for 3 hours before being turned around and redirected.

The trip home yielded 48.7 MPG on the MFI, which will probably translate to 46 MPG pencil and paper.

It's also pretty shocking that I probably would have won the best MPG award had I taken my time getting to Fest. I decided to go quickly rather than efficiently because I figured someone would have gotten in the high 50s.
Glad you missed it. Talking to my sister at supper last night and I think I know what accident you missed. On her way home Tuesday from work she passed a tandem FedEx truck that had flipped on the sharp curves between Amaranth and Warfordsburg. She said the cab was in the median with a trailer blocking each of the lanes on EB 70. Just after she went buy (about 6pm) she passed 3 Tractor-Trailer tow trucks headed towards the accident.
Old September 6th, 2012, 10:37   #485
VeeDubTDI
Good Ol' Boy
TDIClub Enthusiast

Fuel Economy: see signature

Yep - that's the one. The truckers were talking about a double trailer and another vehicle (car, presumably) going off the side. No deaths that I heard about - just a lot of cleanup to do.

Trusted TDI Mechanics Map || TDIClub Chat
VeeDubTDI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 7th, 2012, 11:47   #486
MayorDJQ
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeeDubTDI View Post
The trip home yielded 48.7 MPG on the MFI, which will probably translate to 46 MPG pencil and paper.
I've been tracking my mileage since new in my Golf (~42k) and also on my old '09 (another ~40k). The difference between the MFA and hand calculated MPGs is usually +/-1mpg, which I can live with. I fill slowly till the nozzles clicks off then trickle fill to the brim.

On the way to Michigan i was getting low 40s whih I attributed to crappy fuel. The return trip I filled up at a BP station and was getting 47ish when I got to Annapolis.
MayorDJQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 8th, 2012, 06:27   #487
BeetleGo
TDIClub Enthusiast
Pre-Forum Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: 39/46, usually 41

Where are the pictures? Especially all the new Passat's?
'05 5sp Golf GLS TDI - Rocket Chipped to 1.5, NB hoop style headrests, Mud Flaps, Euro style sideview mirrors (They're blind spotless!), and Koni FSD's (Talk about smoothing the bumps AND tightening the curves!!!)
Don't know how to use the search function? Click Here!
BeetleGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 8th, 2012, 11:08   #488
VeeDubTDI
Good Ol' Boy
TDIClub Enthusiast

Fuel Economy: see signature

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeetleGo View Post
Where are the pictures? Especially all the new Passat's?
In the picture thread?

Trusted TDI Mechanics Map || TDIClub Chat
VeeDubTDI is offline   Reply With Quote