www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > Meetings/ GTG/ Regional Discussions > Past TDIFests > TDIFest 2012

TDIFest 2012 Discussion about TDIFest 2012 on the Labour Day weekend (August 31st to September 2nd, 2012) in Ypsilanti (Ypsi), Michigan.

Old August 31st, 2012, 09:08   #16
Abacus
That helpful B4 guy

Fuel Economy: And the miles just keep ticking away

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTiTDi View Post
I do 50-60 mile rides on my fixie averaging 19-20 if anyone thinks I am a hipster !
Awesome! What gears you running? I am not a hipster either but ride a fixie. I just did the MS Great Maine Getaway which was a 100 mile Saturday and 75 mile Sunday, both on my fixed gear, which is all I ride. I've done the ride 3 times now, the Trek Across Maine twice on it, and all 57 miles of the Acadia carriage trails in an afternoon.

We need to get together sometime since almost no one rides them longer than a few miles. I'm running 46/17 on the road for the hills and 46/19 when I put the dirt tires on it for the woods. My highest average is 19.1 mph but I'm usually in the 16-18 range.

Wish I was there at the Fest because I'd certainly bring it.
Abacus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old August 31st, 2012, 19:59   #17
MonsterTDI09
TDIClub Enthusiast
Veteran Member

I will at my car at 6:30am(a gray Jetta with bike rack)who ever wants to come.
MonsterTDI09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 1st, 2012, 18:53   #18
wbuschman

Default Sunday Ride?

I didn't get in until 2:30am Saturday morning... stupid work. This afternoon I had a great ride out to Ann Arbor mostly on trails. Had lunch at a Jamaican restaurant near downtown and it was fantastic. Anyway, the ride was about 30 miles and the trails were great except for about a half mile stretch that was in disrepair and a bit painful with no suspension.

Anyone up for a late morning ride tomorrow? I'm thinking of heading North toward West Bloomfield to see a buddy of mine, but would be okay with riding wherever.
Old September 1st, 2012, 21:10   #19
BeetleGo
TDIClub Enthusiast
Pre-Forum Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: 39/46, usually 41

Damn, I wish I were there! Going for a nice, Sunday morning, dally. You know. A sashay. A cruise! A ramble! What did you see? What was fun? How was it???
'05 5sp Golf GLS TDI - Rocket Chipped to 1.5, NB hoop style headrests, Mud Flaps, Euro style sideview mirrors (They're blind spotless!), and Koni FSD's (Talk about smoothing the bumps AND tightening the curves!!!)
Don't know how to use the search function? Click Here!

Last edited by BeetleGo; September 1st, 2012 at 21:13.
BeetleGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 2nd, 2012, 02:59   #20
TDI_Dan
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhtooefr View Post
Just a heads up, the trails are quite awful. Full suspension or bust (and I don't have it), and there's a section of tight hairpin curves on a downhill that's fun on the trike, but you'd want to walk a bicycle (and there's signs to that effect).

Oh, and I'm inclined to say to avoid cutting through the golf course, there's not much time you have to be on the road to get to the bike path. I may have pissed off some golfers this morning...
"don't you people have homes??" -caddyshack 😁
Old September 2nd, 2012, 03:02   #21
TDI_Dan
Veteran Member

I didn't see any bicycles while at fest yesterday. I think I showed up at the wrong time. A ride would have been nice.
Old September 2nd, 2012, 21:50   #22
GTiTDi
TDIClub Enthusiast
Macht Schnell! Vendor
w/Business number

Location: 3 Spruce st Wareham, gateway to Cape Cod Massachusetts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abacus View Post
Awesome! What gears you running? I am not a hipster either but ride a fixie. I just did the MS Great Maine Getaway which was a 100 mile Saturday and 75 mile Sunday, both on my fixed gear, which is all I ride. I've done the ride 3 times now, the Trek Across Maine twice on it, and all 57 miles of the Acadia carriage trails in an afternoon.

We need to get together sometime since almost no one rides them longer than a few miles. I'm running 46/17 on the road for the hills and 46/19 when I put the dirt tires on it for the woods. My highest average is 19.1 mph but I'm usually in the 16-18 range.

Wish I was there at the Fest because I'd certainly bring it.
I run a 48/16 on the hilly windy roads of the cape, on flat ground rides I run a 13 tooth rear sprocket. I average 20 mph with the 16 rear, top out at 33 mph.
schnellvw.com
GTiTDi is offline   Reply With Quote