www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > Meetings/ GTG/ Regional Discussions > Past TDIFests > TDIFest 2012

TDIFest 2012 Discussion about TDIFest 2012 on the Labour Day weekend (August 31st to September 2nd, 2012) in Ypsilanti (Ypsi), Michigan.

Old August 8th, 2012, 22:10   #46
VeeDubTDI
Good Ol' Boy
TDIClub Enthusiast

Fuel Economy: see signature

There are a few rooms left at the Eagle Crest at the regular rate ($139/night non-refundable pay now or $149/night refundable pay when you check out). If you're interested in doing this, even if it's just for one night, you should do it now.

We will have the overflow hotel information listed tomorrow. It will likely be the Courtyard Marriott in Ann Arbor, which is an awesome location, freshly renovated and the little sister to the Eagle Crest.

If you just want to come walk through the parking lot on Sunday to see the Show & Shine, you do not need to register. If you want to participate in any other activities including the tech sessions, meals, pizza party and go karting, or anything else, you will need to register.

Trusted TDI Mechanics Map || TDIClub Chat

Last edited by VeeDubTDI; August 8th, 2012 at 22:23.
VeeDubTDI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 8th, 2012, 22:10   #47
srt-kapp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mk3TdiTim View Post
So all the hotel rooms are booked... can I just show Sunday for the the show n shine? or do I have to register even if I'm only attending the one event.

I'm in the same boat as you MK3TdiTim, I waited to long to register and now i don"t want to pay $60 just for the car show. Hopefully they will just let us drive our cars in since there tdi's
srt-kapp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 8th, 2012, 22:19   #48
VeeDubTDI
Good Ol' Boy
TDIClub Enthusiast

I'm pretty confused by these posts.

Old August 9th, 2012, 04:26   #49
Growler
Got Soot Vendor

If you aren't registered, you cannot participate in the events (aka, you cannot show your car or park in the reserved lot) if you want to show up and spectate at the car show, we cannot stop you or any of the other guests at the hotel, but the tech sessions are for registered guests only and we do check nametags at the door.

The whole purpose of Fest is to support TDIClub.com and to pay for the servers d bandwidth useage that we all are freely given. Don't think about the $60 as a cost to show your car or participate in the tech sessions, think of the $60 as a donation to TDIClub, and think of Fest as a Live action version of some of the BEST threads on this forum that we ALL enjoy and use most every day.
Schnurren 2001 Golf 2 door.
Growler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 9th, 2012, 08:12   #50
jasonTDI

Fuel Economy: 13.7 c, 12-15 towing hwy. 17-19

We're in.

Bringing an "off-road" 10' CR wagon with "special exhaust work" for a RC reflash.
Old August 9th, 2012, 09:52   #51
VeeDubTDI
Good Ol' Boy
TDIClub Enthusiast

Good news!

Our host hotel - the Eagle Crest - has added 3 more rooms to our block for Friday, Saturday and Sunday nights. Use the group code "TCOTCOA" to take advantage of this offer. The rate will be $99/night for these remaining rooms! Don't delay - they won't last long!

Old August 11th, 2012, 13:13   #52
VeeDubTDI
Good Ol' Boy
TDIClub Enthusiast

Free t-shirt deadline is Tuesday, August 14th! I'm placing shirt orders on Wednesday the 15th.

Every Fest registration between now and then receives a free TDIFest 2012 T-Shirt.

Light gray shirts are included in the order (with a tweak from what you see in this picture). Black shirts are "additional t-shirts" purchased on the registration site (same August 14th deadline applies). There will also be a limited number of black shirts available for sale on site.

Last edited by VeeDubTDI; August 11th, 2012 at 18:59.
Old August 23rd, 2012, 18:32   #53
brnsgrbr
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: 44 mpg
Default Tee Shirt Sizes

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeeDubTDI View Post
There will also be a limited number of black shirts available for sale on site.

What sizes are available? XXL XXXL I hope. I hope they aren't as small as last years.

Nice design though!
2.0Ltr ALH w/BHWs, WB girdle, IE Tuscan rods, RyanP GtB2260Vk kit, 4bar MAP; Kerma 3" exhaust w/HF cat & Aeroturbine 3030XL, headwork, DRW 6speed w/DG Sigma shifter;SBC S2 End race clutch W/ferramic disk; Peloquin TBD; Bosio Stage 2 R520s; DLI Technik mounts ; 11mm; TT CA bushings; DG Panzer FMJ, RP,& 100K TB&SB upgrade; Coolant heater; DRL & EGR deletes; ventectomy; Accuair/Airlift suspension;B20-B100
brnsgrbr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 23rd, 2012, 19:01   #54
VeeDubTDI
Good Ol' Boy
TDIClub Enthusiast

Thanks on the design.

Available for sale on site will be three S, four M, fifteen L, fifteen XL, fifteen 2XL, two 3XL, one 4XL and one 5XL. First come, first served. Registration suite opens at 5pm on Friday.

Old August 24th, 2012, 22:06   #55
TDIJettaz

Fuel Economy: 48 Hwy, 43 Avg, 38 City

I would love to come and support the Fest, but I'm not sure I can make it. I may be able to stop by on Sunday however (the last day.) I was wondering if there is a final deadline for registering online. If there is an early deadline and I'm still unsure, would I be able to register at the gate on the last day? My main purpose besides seeing the amazing setup would be to get tuned.

Thanks Dan

Last edited by TDIJettaz; August 24th, 2012 at 22:11.
TDIJettaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 25th, 2012, 06:45   #56
airwolf
Veteran Member

TDI(s): None

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDIJettaz View Post
I would love to come and support the Fest, but I'm not sure I can make it. I may be able to stop by on Sunday however (the last day.) I was wondering if there is a final deadline for registering online. If there is an early deadline and I'm still unsure, would I be able to register at the gate on the last day? My main purpose besides seeing the amazing setup would be to get tuned.

Thanks Dan
Dan,

On-site registrations are possible. Come on out if you get a chance, we look forward to seeing everyone there!

2014 F-150 AKA-Ruby

TDIFest2009 Organizer! | TDIFest2012 Organizer!
airwolf is offline   Reply With Quote