www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2014 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > TDI Model Specific Discussions Areas > VW MKVI-A6 Golf family including Jetta SportWagen (~ 2010-2014)

VW MKVI-A6 Golf family including Jetta SportWagen (~ 2010-2014) Discussions area for A6/MkVI (2010-2014) Golf and Golf Wagons (Jetta Sportwagon in the USA).

Old August 9th, 2012, 13:59   #301
kjclow
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: 55 max / 44 avg on beetle ~37 on JSW

Quote:
Originally Posted by witecap4u View Post
I should have VCDS in a couple days so we'll see.

I have also found the bluetooth Icon button on the roof doesn't appear to do anything or at least it will not kick the unit into a search like with the old unit. i belive the supp. paper says it will cause the unit to scan for 3min.

Our home phone has bluetooth so my cell is connected to it when I get in my car. When I pull away from the house the connection is lost but the car does not connect to the phone. On the old unit, I could press the button a couple times and it would search for a device and would eventually find the phone. With the new unit, I dont see anything happening but will try to monitor it with a non paired device when I get some time.
That's the only function I like and often use with the yellow to green LED. I've had issues with my blackberry connecting and wouldn't have known that it wasn't if not for the little flashing yellow light. I am never sure which phone is connected in my wife's golf or if any of them are actually connected.
Old August 10th, 2012, 11:03   #302
Mr. Timewise
Veteran Member

For those of you wanting to buy a 9W7, here's one. It's p/n 5K0035730 - the same part and same HW and SW which I installed in my 2010 Jetta. It's only $188 shipped from within the US. You even get the Styrofoam holder which can be sold for $15

Ebay item 180947884267
2010 Jetta SE 2.5L Tiptronic Salsa Red | 9W7 Bluetooth | RNS-510 | Homelink sun visor | Extendable passenger's sun visor | MFSW w/ paddle shifters | Hi-line SWCM | Hi-Line MFD+ cluster | Auto-dimming mirror w/ compass | Trunk release switch in grab handle | Silver lens tail lights | Front & Rear door warning/puddle lights | Walnut interior trim

Last edited by Mr. Timewise; August 10th, 2012 at 13:08.
Mr. Timewise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 10th, 2012, 17:48   #303
chetstash

UPDATE: I have an RNS-510 Nav system. I had the Settlement Module installed today. I now have full access to my phone through the radio touchscreen whereas I had zero touchscreen access with the 9W2. When I press phone on the radio, I now get a full phone menu on the screen. Imagine that? My phone book, recent calls, missed calls and Caller ID all show up on the screen. I can even access a dial pad! This is wonderful and should have been installed from the get-go two years ago. I have it all paired with an HTC EVO 3D. The only loss of functionality is the loss of the green light up top but all of the buttons up there now work whereas they did not under the 9W2.

I hope this is helpful for those of you few with RNS-510's who are part of the settlement.

EDITED to remove reference to MFD

Last edited by chetstash; August 12th, 2012 at 13:38.
chetstash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 10th, 2012, 20:28   #304
scirocco*joe

TDI(s): 2010 JSW
Fuel Economy: Mid-30s

Quote:
Originally Posted by chetstash View Post
UPDATE: I have an RNS-510 Nav system. I had the Settlement Module installed today. I now have full access to my phone through the MFD whereas I had zero touchscreen access with the 9W2. When I press phone on the radio, I now get a full phone menu on the screen. Imagine that? My phone book, recent calls, missed calls and Caller ID all show up on the screen. I can even access a dial pad! This is wonderful and should have been installed from the get-go two years ago. I have it all paired with an HTC EVO 3D. The only loss of functionality is the loss of the green light up top but all of the buttons up there now work whereas they did not under the 9W2.

I hope this is helpful for those of you few with RNS-510's who are part of the settlement.
Now I would love to see if there are any RCD owners that this works for...
scirocco*joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 10th, 2012, 21:20   #305
witecap4u

Quote:
UPDATE: I have an RNS-510 Nav system. I had the Settlement Module installed today. I now have full access to my phone through the MFD whereas I had zero touchscreen access with the 9W2. When I press phone on the radio, I now get a full phone menu on the screen. Imagine that? My phone book, recent calls, missed calls and Caller ID all show up on the screen. I can even access a dial pad! This is wonderful and should have been installed from the get-go two years ago. I have it all paired with an HTC EVO 3D. The only loss of functionality is the loss of the green light up top but all of the buttons up there now work whereas they did not under the 9W2.

Can you pull the coding from your module with VCDS? Sounds like there is hope yet for the 9w2 crowd
witecap4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 10th, 2012, 21:45   #306
Mr. Timewise
Veteran Member

Address 77: Telephone (J412) Labels: 7P6-035-730.clb
Part No SW: 5K0 035 730 B HW: 5K0 035 730 B
Component: TELEFON H09 1020
Revision: 1B001001 Serial number: 00007669641860
Coding: 0A00000000010100
Shop #: WSC 02172 444 59389
ASAM Dataset: UHVNA A01009
ROD: UHVNA_VW36.rod
VCID: E2C0200844DF
2010 Jetta SE 2.5L Tiptronic Salsa Red | 9W7 Bluetooth | RNS-510 | Homelink sun visor | Extendable passenger's sun visor | MFSW w/ paddle shifters | Hi-line SWCM | Hi-Line MFD+ cluster | Auto-dimming mirror w/ compass | Trunk release switch in grab handle | Silver lens tail lights | Front & Rear door warning/puddle lights | Walnut interior trim
Old August 10th, 2012, 22:29   #307
jeffjeja

TDI(s): 2010 JSW TDI

Quote:
Glad to hear it. Congratulations. Can you please let us know the part and/or model number of the module you had installed so we may be certain it's the same as what others have reported being put in? Thanks for the post.
jeffjeja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 11th, 2012, 15:59   #308
gmcjetpilot
Veteran Member

Quote:

THANKS, this really helps me. I have a settlement box waiting for me at the dealer... and told them I would call back to set up an appointment. I have an HTC EVO 4D.... the loss of the light is no big deal. Per a previous post in this tread you can program a chime when it connects (and may be disconnects). Regardless I think the new functionality is awesome. I wounder if they will give me the old 9W2 box? Might as well ask. I will be sure to tell them to hold onto it for awhile. I don't think I want to pop for a 9w7 on my own. Not sure what else you get? Voice dial? Anyway thanks.

gmcjetpilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 11th, 2012, 16:26   #309
chetstash

Quote:
Originally Posted by boiler_1 View Post
Ok, here is the picture. Sorry for the poor quality. The numbers that are unreadable at the top are "USA 051 473" and "SW: 3510". I should also amend my previous description of the functionality to say that the bluetooth menu in the MFD is only available if you are actively talking on the phone or using A2DP. So really the only way to know if you are connected is to look at your phone OR press the button on the overhead. It will say something about not "no bluetooth connected" or "Main Menu" depending on if it detects a device.

This is what mine looks like as well.

chetstash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 12th, 2012, 08:28   #310
witecap4u

I checked the coding on my upgrade unit with VCDS and it has the same long code as the 9w7 but none of the bits have any description as to what they do. I was able to switch bit 4 from 00 to 01 and it disables the a2dp just like on the 9w7 so it appears the coding is the same... but we do not have MFD.

Last edited by witecap4u; August 12th, 2012 at 08:53.
Old August 12th, 2012, 10:31   #311
Mr. Timewise
Veteran Member

Just to be clear...

The "PR Code" 9W7 is a three character code which describes an option your car has. It's not a part number.

To have a 9W7 option requires appropriate wiring, a microphone, applicable control switches, and a properly coded Bluetooth module (and a speaker which is probably always part of the radio). The actual Bluetooth module part number can be one of several part numbers, depending on the car and other components within the vehicle. The "9W7" BT module can change over time as other components upgrade (e.g., the RNS315 now has a BT module inside). Whether one specific BT module has the exact features of another may not always be the case, although basic functionality is likely to be the same because, after all, the "9W7" PR code suggests so.
Old August 12th, 2012, 22:52   #312
gmcjetpilot
Veteran Member

I have a Preimum 8 radio and it does not have a phone button... I have a settlement box waiting for me at the dealer. Since the phone book/contacts does not show up in the MFD, will it show up on the touch screen as mentioned above>> Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ESFlash View Post
after reading this a few times, it seems like the fone book display only works for RNS-510 GPS but not on the North American RCD 510 Touch Screen Radio (which is what I have). Sooooooo has anyone played around with the new unit and a VCDS to see if addtnl functionality can be obtained from the upgraded hardware? It seems most dealers and their service departments have clue zero about this part, and I'm thinking some of the problems could be fixed via VCDS tweaks.

Last edited by gmcjetpilot; August 12th, 2012 at 23:11.
Old August 13th, 2012, 21:17   #313
witecap4u

No the premium 8 stereo(rcd-510) does not have any phone functions other that playing the audio though the speakers. All dialing will be either through the phone itself for though the voice command on the upgraded BT module.
Old August 14th, 2012, 11:20   #314
gmcjetpilot
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by witecap4u View Post
No the premium 8 stereo(rcd-510) does not have any phone functions other that playing the audio though the speakers. All dialing will be either through the phone itself for though the voice command on the upgraded BT module.
I may have misunderstood your comment, but I can assure you the Premium 8 (in my car) does have BT phone and BT streaming stereo audio through the car speakers. The radio will cut out when an incomming or out going call is made and PHONE will appear on the radio touch screen, just for the record. However I agree no phone contact list on the premium 8 radio display is possible (with what we know now) .

Unless the settlement br box can be programmed to displayed phone contact list onp the MFD/MFI between Tach and Speedo, and the Premium 8 does not support cell phone info or dialing, there seems to be no point in upgrading. You mentioned dialing by voice, which is fine, but I can pretty much do that now thru the phone.

Last edited by gmcjetpilot; August 14th, 2012 at 16:21.
Old August 14th, 2012, 12:00   #315
malibuboats91

TDI(s): 2010 Jetta

I called the dealer today and they said vw is doing the upgrades in waves. Supposedly my VIN number isn't up yet so they can't upgrade it. Does this sound right to you guys?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
APR Stage 1 || APR RSC Turboback Exhaust || Carbonio Stage 1 Intake || New South Boost Gauge || Koni Yellow Shocks || Eibach Sportline Lowering Springs || 35% Window Tint || GLI Shift Knob || GLI Pedals || GLI Xenon Headlights || 6000K Xenon Fogs || JL 12W6
malibuboats91 is offline   Reply With Quote