www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2014 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > TDI Model Specific Discussions Areas > VW MKVI-A6 Golf family including Jetta SportWagen (~ 2010-2014)

VW MKVI-A6 Golf family including Jetta SportWagen (~ 2010-2014) Discussions area for A6/MkVI (2010-2014) Golf and Golf Wagons (Jetta Sportwagon in the USA).

Old April 23rd, 2012, 19:25   #106
tomo366
TDI Lifer

Fuel Economy: Old Passat 40 Mercedes 20

I Will believe it when it hits my mailbox......

2015 Jetta TDI SEL Tornado Red (soon)
1996 Passat TDI Storm Grey
1984 Mercedes 300D Blue/Green
tomo366 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 27th, 2012, 05:08   #107
itchytweed
Veteran Member

Slightly OT ... I wonder if the cluehammer has hit home with VW - this issue, the HPFP, IC icing, exhaust flap issue, or are they thicker than a brick?
VCDS (HEX-USB+CAN)
itchytweed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 27th, 2012, 11:29   #108
sfpegasus
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by itchytweed View Post
Slightly OT ... I wonder if the cluehammer has hit home with VW - this issue, the HPFP, IC icing, exhaust flap issue, or are they thicker than a brick?
Don't forget the DSG software issues for early DSG cars.

I think they're thicker than a brick.
Old April 27th, 2012, 21:46   #109
kjclow
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: 55 max / 44 avg on beetle ~37 on JSW

Took my golf in today for "free" checkup and it needed a dsg update. Will have to see what difference it really makes.
Old May 7th, 2012, 14:03   #110
chetstash

Anything new with this? I'm still driving around with the primitive bluetooth and getting tired of it.

chetstash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 8th, 2012, 12:54   #111
simoco
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chetstash View Post
Anything new with this? I'm still driving around with the primitive bluetooth and getting tired of it.
All we can do is wait.
simoco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 8th, 2012, 14:13   #112
Mr. Timewise
Veteran Member

From a conversation I had with some of the principals involved, they suggest it would be later this summer when we'll receive the refund or be contacted about the bringing the car to a dealer for the upgrade.
2010 Jetta SE 2.5L Tiptronic Salsa Red | 9W7 Bluetooth | RNS-510 | Homelink sun visor | Extendable passenger's sun visor | MFSW w/ paddle shifters | Hi-line SWCM | Hi-Line MFD+ cluster | Auto-dimming mirror w/ compass | Trunk release switch in grab handle | Silver lens tail lights | Front & Rear door warning/puddle lights | Walnut interior trim
Mr. Timewise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9th, 2012, 04:50   #113
itchytweed
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Timewise View Post
From a conversation I had with some of the principals involved, they suggest it would be later this summer when we'll receive the refund or be contacted about the bringing the car to a dealer for the upgrade.
...refund... BOO....HISS.....
VCDS (HEX-USB+CAN)
Old May 9th, 2012, 09:17   #114
Mr. Timewise
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by itchytweed View Post
...refund... BOO....HISS.....
By "the refund", I meant that those who bought the 9W7 themselves will get a refund of their expenses. Do you disapprove of that?
2010 Jetta SE 2.5L Tiptronic Salsa Red | 9W7 Bluetooth | RNS-510 | Homelink sun visor | Extendable passenger's sun visor | MFSW w/ paddle shifters | Hi-line SWCM | Hi-Line MFD+ cluster | Auto-dimming mirror w/ compass | Trunk release switch in grab handle | Silver lens tail lights | Front & Rear door warning/puddle lights | Walnut interior trim

Last edited by Mr. Timewise; May 9th, 2012 at 09:28.
Old May 9th, 2012, 11:01   #115
itchytweed
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Timewise View Post
By "the refund", I meant that those who bought the 9W7 themselves will get a refund of their expenses. Do you disapprove of that?
I would not have complained if it said refund for previous purchase of 9W7. I have seen too many "settlements" where the claimants get a "refund" amounting to a pittance and not the utility price of the shortage.
VCDS (HEX-USB+CAN)
Old May 9th, 2012, 11:19   #116
Mr. Timewise
Veteran Member

The settlement in this case is for the entire cost of the 9W7 installation, including shipping and labor (if you paid someone to install it). I was told this directly.
Old May 13th, 2012, 11:21   #117
pkhoury
Veteran Member

Which is what I did as well. Trust me, the 9W7 does have a lot to be desired, but the functionality over 9W2 is like night and day. I remember *****ing at the dealer (and getting free rental cars) for the first few weeks after I got it because my bluetooth wasn't performing as in the manual, and I had no knowledge of this lawsuit.

As for payments, this is an email I got back:

"In regards to your inquiry, we have checked with the settlement administrator and checks should be mailed out by late May.

Regards,
Rose

Rose F. Luzon, Esq.
Shepherd, Finkelman, Miller & Shah, LLP
401 West A Street, Suite 2350
San Diego, California 92101
Tel/619.235.2416
Fax/619.234.7334
rluzon@sfmslaw.com"
1997 Saab 900 SE Turbo
pkhoury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 13th, 2012, 16:36   #118
ksing44
Veteran Member

^^ That sounds great. Funny too, that the person communicating the information doesn't understand when to use regard and regards. They used regards correctly in the signature, but should have use regard in the text. It is one of my pet peeves in both written and spoken language, but seems especially odd to see it wrong from someone communicating with the public. It is even more odd, since they used it correctly one time.

I'm just happily waiting for the check. I can also say I'm happy I did the upgrade, check or no check. It was worth the cost, for the improved functionality!
2010 Golf TDI - Blue (BGM), 4-Dr, 6-M, Sunroof, Xenon, Dynaudio, Nav (RNS-510), Euro light switch, 9W7 BT, R Tinted LED Tail Lights, Monte Carlo 17" x 7.5" ET47 Wheels, 235/45/17 Tires, P3Cars Digital Interface

Flickr slideshow
ksing44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2012, 21:15   #119
pkhoury
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksing44 View Post
^^ That sounds great. Funny too, that the person communicating the information doesn't understand when to use regard and regards. They used regards correctly in the signature, but should have use regard in the text. It is one of my pet peeves in both written and spoken language, but seems especially odd to see it wrong from someone communicating with the public. It is even more odd, since they used it correctly one time.

I'm just happily waiting for the check. I can also say I'm happy I did the upgrade, check or no check. It was worth the cost, for the improved functionality!
Oh, and even more odd that they happen to be a darn attorney. I just got my BA in Poli Sci, Pre-legal studies, and we didn't have many dummies in our pre-law classes.

I agree with the improved functionality, although I'm finding I'm using my headset more lately.
1997 Saab 900 SE Turbo
pkhoury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 22nd, 2012, 03:22   #120
sgoldste01
Veteran Member

Why would you use your headset instead of the system's built-in mic and speakers?