www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2014 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > VW TDI Discussion Areas > TDI 101

TDI 101 Got a simple/basic TDI question? Are you a newbie (new to the forums). Feel free to post your question here.

Old May 1st, 2012, 20:35   #1
branger
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: 46 all around alh, mk6 is brand new?
Default i must be an idiot

holy god im loosing my mind here lol gravel roads have shredded my stupid retarded fuel cooler just replaced it last year and it's ****ed again so its coming out as i did a swap to manual so don't need it and gravel keeps ripping lines off and spraying fuel all over so im running my lines straight through as to avoid this have lines from parts car off but here is the kicker i couldn't figure the connectors out and just cut lines from parts car now i have to get them off and all ive done in the past is get mad and wreck everyone ive tried . So what's the secret ive wasted about 2 hours on here looking for threads so this is my cry for help lol thanks for your input
branger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 1st, 2012, 20:44   #2
jcrews
Veteran Member

TDI(s): 2003 Golf

There's a small rectangular button on the connector, at the very end (the open end). Just push it in, and it'll release.

You may be interested in part 1J0201488C. It covers the fuel lines and protects them from rocks.
Old May 1st, 2012, 20:47   #3
whitedog
TDI Scholar

Fuel Economy: 42 Jetta, 47 Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by branger View Post
Holy God, I'm loosing my mind here. lol Gravel roads have shredded my stupid fuel cooler. Just replaced it last year and it's ****ed again, so its coming out. I did a swap to manual so don't need it and gravel keeps ripping lines off and spraying fuel all over. Now I'm running my lines straight through as to avoid this. I have lines from parts car but here is the kicker - I couldn't figure out the connectors and just cut the lines from the parts car and now I have to get them off. All I've done in the past is get mad and wreck everyone I've tried . So what's the secret? I've wasted about 2 hours on here looking for threads so this is my cry for help. lol Thanks for your input
So with some editing of your stream of conscience post, it appears that you can't disconnect the fuel lines from someplace. Is that correct? If so, maybe you can help us help you by describing what connections are giving you the grief.
whitedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 1st, 2012, 21:02   #4
branger
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: 46 all around alh, mk6 is brand new?
Default eureka

thanks a bunch jcrews got her lines have never been off and eleven years of ****ty roads had them bunged up really good but at least i knew what i had to do i couldn't grasp what i had to do for it to release thanks a million
branger is offline   Reply With Quote