www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums TDIFAQ Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2014 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > TDI Model Specific Discussions Areas > VW MKVI-A6 Jetta Sedan (~ 2011+)

VW MKVI-A6 Jetta Sedan (~ 2011+) Discussions area for the MkVI (2011+) Jetta sedan. This model was originally codenamed NCS (New Compact Sedan).

Old April 18th, 2012, 17:48   #16
jetta rhody

TDI(s): Jetta MK VI

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiplash willy View Post
From your message it sounds like you are saying you have the problem when you push the button on the key fob to lock/unlock, not when touching the handle.

Just to confirm, you do have KESSY right?

If it is a handle problem, does the passenger door handle work?

It does sound like a bad door handle sensor though.
'
Yes, I do have KESSY. Unfortunately, both door handles won't work. I'm taking it in on Saturday to get it looked at.
jetta rhody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 19th, 2012, 07:41   #17
cdobry

TDI(s): 2011 Jetta

I had the same problem with my 2011 jetta. Brought it into dealer, to find out that the antenea got knocked off in the trunk. While putting luggage in I must've hit it. They just reattached it, and works again.
This may have happened to you too. Try having a quick look the antenea mounts to the top of the trunk, in the center
cdobry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 19th, 2012, 16:32   #18
jetta rhody

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdobry View Post
I had the same problem with my 2011 jetta. Brought it into dealer, to find out that the antenea got knocked off in the trunk. While putting luggage in I must've hit it. They just reattached it, and works again.
This may have happened to you too. Try having a quick look the antenea mounts to the top of the trunk, in the center
I couldn't find it. I guess I'll find out when I take it in on Saturday.
Old April 20th, 2012, 11:03   #19
mobe1957

TDI(s): 2012 jetta

Tried the vtbigdog fix. Works perfect now. Thanks!
mobe1957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 21st, 2012, 10:34   #20
jetta rhody

Just a quick update on my Kessy issue. I took it to the dealer and they said that the kessy antenna in the rear bumper needs to be replaced. I'll have to take the car back next week once the part comes in.
Old April 29th, 2012, 19:12   #21
Cesar
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: Best 4.1L/100kms, Worse 7.5L/100kms

Having problems also but when I take the keys out of my pocket it works with no problem...weird!!! I know its the battery but if it is the battery why is the passenger door handle work? I will go to the dealer and let them deal with it
Cheers
Cesar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 29th, 2012, 21:12   #22
jetta rhody

Could be one of the antennas is going bad. If you get the "check keyless" message on the MFD, then it's probably it.
Old August 12th, 2012, 10:14   #23
TSK

Fuel Economy: 43 SE manual

vtbigdog: I just reset my 2012 so the touch Kessy lock feature works outside the door agian. It worked when I got the car a few weeks ago and I probably reset something so it quit working. Did your method of reset and it works great, thanks.
TSK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 12th, 2012, 16:47   #24
Canuck07

Fuel Economy: 50 MPG

My 2011 has done the same thing. Both door handles quite working at the same time, I also get the check keyless msg scrolling acress the small screen between the Speedo and Rev guages. I took it to the dealer and they spent 2 hours on it and couldn't fix it and told me they would have to replace both door handles on my dime as I was just over the bumper to bumper warrenty km's. I don't see how they would both quite working at the same time? I tryed the method with the key in the door handle as was suggested and that didn't work. Any other idea's out there?
Canuck07 is offline   Reply With Quote