www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2014 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > Classifieds/For Sale/Wanted > Vendor & GroupBuy items for sale

Vendor & GroupBuy items for sale VW TDI/Diesel related items for sale by vendors and Groupbuys. The only commercial posts to these forums are that of Vendors with TDI related equipment. To start a post, you must be a Registered Vendor. You may periodically post a note about products you may have for sale/services so long you indicate clearly you are from the company selling these products/services. The right to discontinue this practice & remove excessive posts remains with the operators of TDIClub. Please note there is also a webpage of TDI Vendors" Group-buys are permited if sponsored by a registered vendor.

Old April 11th, 2012, 15:38   #31
Liseed

Woot! Thanks so much!

I look forward to this. I will post an un-biased review of this for all of you forumites. I expect to have my car up and running again in about 2 weeks or so.
Liseed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 16th, 2012, 12:46   #32
racerxtdi
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: 42 Combined Mostly City

Paul

That was very kind of you!!! It was a joke not even a long shot and I am happy you were willing to help a TDI member!

I would of jumped on it but I would have to take time off of work to film it. I am currently out of state for my job and not near my TDI!

I should a waited until I got back to open my Mouth. (I bear no ill will)

Thanks Again!

Billy
5th Brake Light Mod using LEDs; Ventectomy; Cat 2 Micron Filter; BlauParts S&S/Moog Springs/ TT LCA; PP520 & NSP Boost Gauge &Stealth Muffler Delete begging to be installed! Need VagCOM help??? I can scan!!! PM ME
racerxtdi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 16th, 2012, 12:54   #33
VailPowder

Quote:
Originally Posted by racerxtdi View Post
Paul

That was very kind of you!!! It was a joke not even a long shot and I am happy you were willing to help a TDI member!

I would of jumped on it but I would have to take time off of work to film it. I am currently out of state for my job and not near my TDI!

I should a waited until I got back to open my Mouth. (I bear no ill will)

Thanks Again!

Billy
Hi Billy

Since you came up with the idea, call me. I will do something, so you don't totally miss out.

Cheers
Paul

1-877-KERMA TDI / 1-877-537-6283
LTGB Colt Cams
VailPowder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 16th, 2012, 15:59   #34
Liseed

I finished up shooting the video today. Sending it out to Paul over the next day or so.

Very nice clutch!

-JR
Old April 17th, 2012, 05:40   #35
Liseed

I installed the motor. Clutch has a nice feel at the pedal. It feels the same to me as my old original DM setup, smooth and easy. I wont be able to say more until I get my ECU back in the mail. I have it out for tuning. I hope to have that back in a week or so.

So far so good tho!
Old April 18th, 2012, 12:30   #36
JC_1992
Veteran Member

Looking forward to this video/write up.
Need to make sure I can accomplish this task before I purchase one

Last edited by JC_1992; April 19th, 2012 at 15:05.
JC_1992 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 19th, 2012, 12:42   #37
VWDAVID
Veteran Member

TDI(s): 02 golf tdi
Fuel Economy: 900mpg

if south bend put all there eggs in your basket they just lost a customer just like colt did. Maybe i am miss reading but sure sounds like your taking credit for southbends work. So how exactly did you help in the design of this clutch?
Old April 19th, 2012, 19:56   #38
Liseed

The video has been sent to Paul as promised.

I got my NB up and running today. I have around 30 miles of stop and go driving on it. Clutch is indeed silent. No gear rattle at all. So far it is as advertised. I will update here after I get a few hundred miles on it.
The stage II daily is what I have. It is as nice and smooth and as easy as the old stock DM flywheel set up.
-JR
Old April 20th, 2012, 07:56   #39
VailPowder

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC_1992 View Post
Looking forward to this video/write up.
Need to make sure I can accomplish this task before I purchase one
If you email or PM I can send you the link to the unedited footage.

LTGB Colt Cams
Old April 25th, 2012, 15:47   #40
VailPowder

Had a question:

-- " Can existing Southbend 02J 5 speed clutches be upgraded to the Silent Design? "

Yes, as long as the Southbend clutch came with the Southbend 22 lbs flywheel, we can supply the upgrade parts.

[ as soon as the new parts are available in adequate supply ...right now we are selling Silent Design faster than they can keep up. ]

LTGB Colt Cams

Last edited by VailPowder; April 25th, 2012 at 15:51.
Old April 25th, 2012, 16:12   #41
Liseed

I have 700 miles on the new silent design. It is awesome! No hint of the gear clatter that plagued the older design(s)! The stage II daily is still as smooth and easy as the OEM DM flywheel. I am happy I upgraded to the SM flywheel. I feel I now have the durability of the SM design with the smoothness of the DM design! I recommend this to anyone considering a clutch swap, upgrade, or replacement.

I will comment again on this after a few thousand miles.

-JR

Last edited by Liseed; April 25th, 2012 at 16:15.
Old May 1st, 2012, 12:36   #42
VailPowder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liseed View Post
I have 700 miles on the new silent design. It is awesome! No hint of the gear clatter that plagued the older design(s)! The stage II daily is still as smooth and easy as the OEM DM flywheel. I am happy I upgraded to the SM flywheel. I feel I now have the durability of the SM design with the smoothness of the DM design! I recommend this to anyone considering a clutch swap, upgrade, or replacement.

I will comment again on this after a few thousand miles.

-JR
Thanks JR

It has been a pleasure working with you, I hope we can do more in the future!

As a side note, we have the Southbend Silent Design Clutches in stock for the 02J 5 speed transmissions , [the 5 speeds in our TDI's].

There is also a Silent Design for the 6 Speed 02M transmission.

As far as we know no one else has the 02J Silent Design... as I wrote on April 7 ; I think eventually every Southbend Dealer will have the new Silent Design

But I don't think that anyone else has this product, and Silent Design Southbend 02J clutches have to ship from kerma

Silent Design means Southbend's newest and best 02J 5 speed clutch

We have had calls about 'quiet' Southbend clutches or 'quiet' TDI clutches that are not Southbend. Like last Fall, this 'Silent / Quiet' terminology has a lot of people confused

So to answer those questions for everyone:

We supply our Silent Design kit complete with all Southbend parts ... no substituted parts

There is no 'quiet' design from Southbend... there is the newest upgrade Southbend 02J clutch that has been named the Silent Design ..sort of by popular demand

There are also some less expensive option from Sachs that are nice.

IMHO, they are not as nice as the new Southbend product and they won't have the power handling... but these are a quality option also...and we have the lowest price on the Sachs kits

Naturally , I would rather support Southbend and sell the stronger clutches, but the right Sachs is a good product... especially for mild builds

Southbend has supported the TDI community with the best and widest range of performance clutch products for many years... and so I like to support Southbend

LTGB Colt Cams
Old June 10th, 2012, 18:56   #43
dieselvet

My Southbend Stage 2 Endurance was installed a few days ago. Rattle free at last! It also has light pedal action. Very worthwhile.
Old June 13th, 2012, 06:19   #44
jasonTDI

Fuel Economy: 13.7 c, 12-18 towing hwy

Funny....There are others and IDparts ones are just as quiet....just saying.

A lot of chest thumping going on in this thread.
Old June 16th, 2012, 01:16   #45
INA

TDI(s): 2.5 TDI

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasontdi View Post
funny....there are others and idparts ones are just as quiet....just saying.

A lot of chest thumping going on in this thread.
alot....
INA is offline   Reply With Quote