www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums TDIFAQ Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2014 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > Meetings/ GTG/ Regional Discussions > West Coast Canada/USA

West Coast Canada/USA Local discussions for those on the West Coast of Canada and the US.

Old April 11th, 2012, 16:38   #1
Fixmy59bug
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: Coming soon
Default GTG in Heaven!! April 14th

I know this may be short notice for those who havent seen it yet, but it has been posted in the Events, Meetings, and GTG's forum for some time.

It was suggested I post it here as it may see more traffic.

Hopefully you guys can make it.

Those who know me know that I am a Parts manager at a Vw dealership. Today a couple managers dropped by from the Western Region Parts Depot for a surprise visit. One of them happened to Dale Hawke, The General Manager of said Parts Depot. At the end of his visit, he extended the offer of a tour of the depot.

Halfway as a joke I asked if the offer was extended to Vw employees or friends and family?

He had mentioned that the Audi Quattro club had organized a GTG there once and he took them on a tour and I could do the same if I wanted.
Vw's Western Region Parts Depot is located in Ontario Ca and currently houses over 3.2 MILLION parts for our dubs and audis. It really is an amazing sight to behold when you consider the logistics needed to run such a building.

After some discussion with Mr. Hawke, he informed me that they only work 1 or 2 saturdays per month and considering they are closed on Easter weekend, they will most likely be working on April 14th.

So we are OFFICIALLY planning this GTG for that day. The tour will start at 10am and should last about an hour to an hour and a half depending on how big of a turnout we have.

I would say start showing up at 9:30 just so we can be sure everyone who wants to be there is there on time.

If you have ever wondered where your parts come from, this is a great opportunity (perhaps the oppoprtunity of a lifetime for a non employee) to see the insides of the beast.

If there is any interest in attending, Please let me know.

And last but not least, the most important bit of information.

Who wants to know where to go?? LOL

The warehouse is at 3095 E. Cedar St. in Ontario, Ca 91761

See ya there at 9:30am
Old April 11th, 2012, 16:39   #2
Fixmy59bug
Veteran Member

Mr Hawke has once again emailed me in anticipation of this event.

He and his staff are prepared for the turnout and it is expected to be a good day.

We anticipate a good turnout, So Mr Hawke has informed me the group will be split off into 3 separate groups and will tour the facility that way the group isnt too large.

He did want me to stress again that unfortunately we can not allow children into the facility.

Once you guys see the logistics and hustle and bustle of the warehouse equipment and staff, I think you will understand why we can't take any chances.

If there are any other questions, Please feel free to ask and I will answer what I can.
Old April 13th, 2012, 10:57   #3
Fixmy59bug
Veteran Member

Less than 24 hours to go
Old April 13th, 2012, 12:26   #4
Digital Corpus
Veteran Member

I'll be attending with camera in hand!
Old April 13th, 2012, 12:41   #5
Derrel H Green
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: Check my Fuelly
Question How many have shown an interest?

Should be an interesting tour.

See you there at 09:30.

Derrel
Dynoed 12-01-12 211 HP, 386 ft/lb torque at the wheels.
View my MBZ E-320 CDI Fuelly: http://www.fuelly.com/driver/derrelhgreen/E320
Compare our previous VW TDI JSW DSG Fuelly : http://www.fuelly.com/driver/derrelhgreen/Jetta
Derrel H Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 13th, 2012, 22:25   #6
Niner
duplicate account, banned

I'm going to try to make it also... should be a great event.
Niner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 14th, 2012, 14:56   #7
Fixmy59bug
Veteran Member

I am glad that everyone enjoyed the tour.

Unfortunately not everyone was able to make it that said they wanted to. I understand there is always last minute stuff to come up, but I think it turned out fairly well. Smaller groups meant more interaction.

Just as soon as the pictures are posted on Bernie's Facebook, either he or I will link to them.

Thanks again to everyone that showed up. I apologize to the guy who brought his son and could not be allowed on the floor. I tried to get the word out as much as I could.

The next time Mr. Hawke is willing to host another one of these, I will get word out immediately.
Old April 14th, 2012, 16:02   #8
Niner
duplicate account, banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fixmy59bug View Post
I am glad that everyone enjoyed the tour.

Unfortunately not everyone was able to make it that said they wanted to. I understand there is always last minute stuff to come up, but I think it turned out fairly well. Smaller groups meant more interaction.

Just as soon as the pictures are posted on Bernie's Facebook, either he or I will link to them.

Thanks again to everyone that showed up. I apologize to the guy who brought his son and could not be allowed on the floor. I tried to get the word out as much as I could.

The next time Mr. Hawke is willing to host another one of these, I will get word out immediately.
Thanks for doing this. The event was well worth it. Talk about a Toy Store for Dad's! I'll have to visit you and Derrel Greene sometime in Riverside, sounds like you run a good service shop down that way.
Niner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 14th, 2012, 16:05   #9
temporaptor
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: 44 MPG

thanks Robert, I had fun!
Old April 14th, 2012, 22:55   #10
Fixmy59bug
Veteran Member

Let me see if I can figure out how to do this...

Bernie uploaded the 189 pics he took to his Facebook. If the link doesnt work at first, I will keep trying.

Dub-Nation Facebook