www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2014 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > Meetings/ GTG/ Regional Discussions > Mid-west USA

Mid-west USA Local discussions for those on the Mid-West US. ( Minnesota, Iowa, Wisconsin, Michigan, Illinois, Indiana, Ohio, Nebraska, North Dakota, South Dakota, Kansas, Missouri)

Old April 8th, 2012, 16:11   #31
dieselpower04
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ducesrwld View Post
well i did a # on my car today and needless to say depending on how quick i can find the parts my car is out of commission. it wouldn't be as bad if i didn't travel for work i'll have limited time to wrench. hoping to have it back on the road for this t minus 2 weeks to git er fixed.
WHat happened to it?

dieselpower04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 8th, 2012, 16:13   #32
darkhorse
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: mid 40's

Quote:
Originally Posted by ducesrwld View Post
well i did a # on my car today and needless to say depending on how quick i can find the parts my car is out of commission. it wouldn't be as bad if i didn't travel for work i'll have limited time to wrench. hoping to have it back on the road for this t minus 2 weeks to git er fixed.
Oh, no! What # was that?
'06 Golf GLS 5 speed, Evo skid plate, Koni FSD's with Shine RSS, SBC stage 3, SMF, KERMA custom tune, R 32 snorkel,PD 150 airbox,MAF,TIP & manifold, K3B,R 783's, Colt stage 2, EJ SMIC, piping by ID Parts, Whitbread 2.5" DP, Aero muffler, 3"KERMA SS pipes, Sigma 5 short shifter, .681 5th gear & Peloquin, Nicktane 1 um fuel filter & DG/Amsoil bypass filter.
darkhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 8th, 2012, 19:41   #33
3L3M3NT
Veteran Member

Uh oh that can't be good. Get those problems sorted out and make the trip, since I'm hoping to check out your car.

Sturgeon Bay, WI GTG October 4th, 2014. http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread...48#post4616148
3L3M3NT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 8th, 2012, 20:06   #34
ducesrwld
Veteran Member

TDI(s): none

just got back from the shop i ended up breaking the main oem motor mount sheared the front bracket mount off the front of the motor and the 2 bolts in the back of the motor one sheared off an ear on the block the other snapped off in the block....basically a domino effect had to grab my buddy's cummins and tow it back today. i've got it up on the lift and took an initial look at it time to start ordering parts. check out the performance section putting up some picks to show people what happens when you procrastinate on not updating the oem mount been planning on changing it for awhile and it finally bit me.

BRM/PD Leftovers for sale - 5 speed swap, Q Loader, stock turbo
ducesrwld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 8th, 2012, 20:21   #35
ducesrwld
Veteran Member

it was one of those weekends i was getting vagcom hooked up was planning on pulling the injectors and then this happens....

but friday i just put some money down on a duramax so if the jetta isn't road worthy i should still be able to get to the dyno.

Old April 8th, 2012, 21:11   #36
3L3M3NT
Veteran Member

Apparently the stock motor mounts weren't up to the task.

Sturgeon Bay, WI GTG October 4th, 2014. http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread...48#post4616148
Old April 9th, 2012, 19:49   #37
ducesrwld
Veteran Member

not looking good here a BFI motor mount is on back order could be weeks ordered up a bunch of parts today. pulled the injectors those are heading off to dbw. i have a feeling there is more i'm going to find as i tear into it but there is not much to do til i can get this mount back in the motor is basically hanging by the side motor bracket that is wedged between the frame and motor....not good.

Old April 9th, 2012, 20:55   #38
3L3M3NT
Veteran Member

Well that sucks. You could always bring down the duramax.

Old April 10th, 2012, 08:29   #39
JFettig

TDI(s): B5 Passat

I'm contemplating going. If there were a couple people who wanted to get tuned (Malone Tuning), I'd definitely make the trip.

Let me know.
ECU Socketing
DIY injector calibration http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=383324
JFettig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 10th, 2012, 15:42   #40
3L3M3NT
Veteran Member

Ok, so I have some really bad news. The dyno day has to be cancelled. Here is the message I got.

I have bad news. Due to some thefts on campus (about $15000-20000 worth of equipment) and to a few people miss treating the shop, rules have been changed in the entire shop area. No one is allowed to use personal vehicles in the shop anymore. I just found out that we cannot hold the Dyno Day on the 21st anymore because of the new rules. Sorry to give you this bad news, I was looking forward to helping with this event this year and seeing everyone come down.

Obviously I had no idea stuff like this was happening and feel horrible that the dyno day has to be cancelled due to others disregard for campus property.

If there is enough interest I can try and set the dyno day at a different location. Here are the two sites I was thinking to contact to see if they were interested.
http://www.beyondredline.com/?x=about_us
http://www.latemodelthrottle.com/index.html

Again I feel awful about this and I'm really sorry this isn't going to work out.

Let me know about the other dyno locations.

Old April 10th, 2012, 16:27   #41
darkhorse
Veteran Member

That is bad news! I still want to thank you for all you have done to put these together. We need a new plan.
'06 Golf GLS 5 speed, Evo skid plate, Koni FSD's with Shine RSS, SBC stage 3, SMF, KERMA custom tune, R 32 snorkel,PD 150 airbox,MAF,TIP & manifold, K3B,R 783's, Colt stage 2, EJ SMIC, piping by ID Parts, Whitbread 2.5" DP, Aero muffler, 3"KERMA SS pipes, Sigma 5 short shifter, .681 5th gear & Peloquin, Nicktane 1 um fuel filter & DG/Amsoil bypass filter.
Old April 10th, 2012, 16:51   #42
Fix_Until_Broke
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: 75.0/53.0/38.4

Bummer - I hate it when a few selfish others mess things up for everyone else . Particularly as this was a fund raiser for the Clean Snowmobile Challenge - they're the ones who will really get shorted in this deal.

I also would support re-scheduling/re-locating this annual event. There is a place in West Bend, WI as well (West Bend Dyno maybe?). I don't know anything about them other than they exist.

Platteville was semi-central for a lot of people in the WI/MN/IL/IA area - Milwaukee/Green Bay not so much for the MN/IA crowd.
03 Jetta, Cat 2u, DG Steel SP w/MOGolf Mod, 3"DP, 4"EXH, EaBP110 Bypass, Euroswitch, ECodes, Driving Light, PD Lift Pump, R520's, RC5,RC6, TDTuning, Malone, ScanGaugeII, 3" TIP, 2" TOP, GTC1444VZ, 3 Bar MAP, VR6 MAF, Vented Fender Liner, Battery Cover Mod, 11mm, Monster Mats, 215/55/17 (27.9/53.0/75) Monthly MPG Links, Euro Trunk Latch, IDParts RSB, SDI or ALH Intake, ARL Ceramic Pistons, Rosten Rods, DRW, Wavetrac, SBC, FSD's, Beef Springs, Rebuilt Head, Recaro's, Colt II, DG Sigma 6, RMT200
Fix_Until_Broke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 10th, 2012, 17:34   #43
3L3M3NT
Veteran Member

Yeah it truly is unfortunate when a few people manage to ruin it for the rest of us.

I really enjoyed putting the dyno days on and hopefully we can locate a new place to hold the dyno day.

If you guys have any suggestions on shops/facilities to host the dyno day let me know and I'll see if they are up for it.

It would be great to keep with tradition and still have a spring dyno day.

Old April 10th, 2012, 18:41   #44
Curious Chris
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: 47/42/38

It looks like Western Technical College in LaCrosse might have a dyno, I am going to call them tomorrow. Hope springs eternal. I liked Platteville but I guess we have to move on.
Wavetrac LSD, PP520's with RC4, VNT17/22, Flying Kasper FMIC 3" OMI, Whitbread 2.5" downpipe, PD lift pump, South Bend Stage 2 Endurance Clutch, steel skid plate, Wingnut inspired EGR mod, MyCruiseAgent no drill EGT, MoGolf skidplate mod
Curious Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 10th, 2012, 18:44   #45
darkhorse
Veteran Member

Well, LaCross is closer for for a lot of us.