www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2014 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > VW TDI Discussion Areas > Upgrades (non TDI Engine related)

Upgrades (non TDI Engine related) The place of handling, lighting and other upgrades that do not relate to the performance or economy of the TDI engine. In other words upgrades to your TDI that don't fit into TDI Fuel Economy & TDI Engine Enhancements.Please note the Performance Disclaimer

Old April 5th, 2012, 10:49   #1
Rockdr07

Fuel Economy: 44ish winter, 47 summer; combined
Default Aftermarket MkIII radio: Please direct me to a link or thread

Hey guys and gals..

My radio in my 98 Jetta TDI died a viscious death...I'd like to replace with a nice simple aftermarket CD and AM/FM...but i have heard about the OBD K-line linkage, etc...

Is there a thread or discussion of what can or needs to be done to put an aftermarket radio in w/out problems w VAG com, etc??

Please shoot me an email at rockdr07@aol.com, as I am not always thinking of checking this site!

Thanks

larry

Last edited by Rockdr07; April 5th, 2012 at 11:00. Reason: wrong model designation in title!
Rockdr07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 5th, 2012, 17:53   #2
Birdman
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: 55 summer 50 winter

Just call Crutchfield , they can sell you everything you need with the instructions on hooking it up. The MK11 is very easy.
2003 Jetta 216 injectors, race pipe, OMI, 2.5 cat back pipe, Sachs power clutch,Lightweight fly wheel,Rocketchip 3.0,Dieselgeek race pipe,Borla SS exhaust,Dieselgeek Intercooler pipes,Pierburg MAF,EU cluster with LED Boost gauge,,
Ventectomy,Alientech window,Old Navy ccv filter,Catch can,Dieselgeek short shifter,ATE power slot rotors,Porterfield pads,Shine suspension,Shine rear sway bar,TT pedals & foot rest,Cat fuel filter 2 micron,Alum skid plate,Euro headlights and switch,5 Brake light mod.
Birdman is offline   Reply With Quote