www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2014 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > VW TDI Discussion Areas > Upgrades (non TDI Engine related)

Upgrades (non TDI Engine related) The place of handling, lighting and other upgrades that do not relate to the performance or economy of the TDI engine. In other words upgrades to your TDI that don't fit into TDI Fuel Economy & TDI Engine Enhancements.Please note the Performance Disclaimer

Old April 4th, 2012, 14:24   #16
coalminer16
Veteran Member

TDI(s): Golf 2004
Fuel Economy: as good as 58 (over 700 miles) and as low as 30 over the same route

If installed correctly and your window closes then there isn't any leak. None with mine and have almost a year now and washed a few times.
2004 Golf-2 inch lift, Q-loader stage 1 tune
Vag-Com owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmchambers
I really had no idea that VW dealerships were so awful to go to, they sound like undertakers cos everything that goes in there winds up dead.
coalminer16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 4th, 2012, 17:41   #17
FlyTDI Guy
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: 56.5/44/41

Checking the WeatherTech instructions for installation, all they say is roll the window up and leave it for 12 hrs. I guess I can take some comfort in knowing my window channels are nice and tight.

Good point about the rears, Ed. Totally not available from VW. I may retry the whole thing w/the WeatherTech's. I've been a fan of this mod for years and was disappointed it never worked out for my Jetta.

'01 Jetta GLS, 5 sp, Black on Black, Leather, Sun Roof, MFSW, Monsoon, Cold Weather Pkg., Full LED interior, always a work in progress
FlyTDI Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 4th, 2012, 20:33   #18
slamhouse
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: Better than 95% of cars on the road

Off-Topic:

You guys only wash your cars a few times a year?

I wash mine once or twice a week!!!

GDE Tune and Meguiars on the tires
slamhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 5th, 2012, 07:53   #19
fabed23
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by slamhouse View Post
Off-Topic:

if its lucky three times!
fabed23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 5th, 2012, 08:49   #20
coalminer16
Veteran Member

TDI(s): Golf 2004
Fuel Economy: as good as 58 (over 700 miles) and as low as 30 over the same route

Same here-if its lucky. If I have something on the trailer that needs washing then I wash the car. Rain does a good enough job getting it both cleaned and dirty.
2004 Golf-2 inch lift, Q-loader stage 1 tune
Vag-Com owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmchambers
I really had no idea that VW dealerships were so awful to go to, they sound like undertakers cos everything that goes in there winds up dead.
coalminer16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 5th, 2012, 10:13   #21
K5ING
Mega-Miler

Fuel Economy: 46 mixed/51 highway

Quote:
Originally Posted by slamhouse View Post
Off-Topic:

I wash mine once or twice a week!!!
Yep. Don't be surprised if your paint starts fading or peeling after awhile. Too much is sometimes worse than too little.

I hand wash mine only about 3 times a year, and about once a month it may get a power spray wash just to knock off most of the dirt. It has never been waxed or polished (I bought it new). After 11 years and 400,000 miles, my paint is still shiny. At least it is when it's clean.

Silver 2001 2 dr. Golf GL TDI 5-speed (original owner)
440,000+ miles and climbing!
Photobucket photos | Odometer video
"Caught at the Curb" blog | DFW TDI List
K5ING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 5th, 2012, 17:07   #22
fabed23
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by K5ING View Post
Yep. Don't be surprised if your paint starts fading or peeling after awhile. Too much is sometimes worse than too little.

I hand wash mine only about 3 times a year, and about once a month it may get a power spray wash just to knock off most of the dirt. It has never been waxed or polished (I bought it new). After 11 years and 400,000 miles, my paint is still shiny. At least it is when it's clean.
...i love 400,000 miles

ive had this tdi (first vw tdi) for about 11wks.. i hope to have it at least 11 more years, for at least 400,000 miles..

the beauty of that high of mileage is that all the fuel saved compared to a gas motor with 400k. you gotta love reliable, durable & fuel efficient vehicles. i feel like im already 'in' and ahead of the game!

Last edited by fabed23; April 5th, 2012 at 17:09. Reason: i love weathertech?!
fabed23 is offline   Reply With Quote