www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2014 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > VW TDI Discussion Areas > General Automotive

General Automotive General automotive discussion. This is intended to be a discussion about other not VW and Diesel cars you may have or interested in.

Old April 4th, 2012, 01:44   #166
bhtooefr
ToofTek Inventor

The DMF has been an issue on the DSGs, too, though. So, I'd say that's a wash, with the advantage that the older manuals can easily be retrofitted with a SMF, and it can be done on the newer models.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lug_Nut View Post
The really cool ToofTek made "Emperor's Clothes" injector fork risers only worked until someone pointed out that there wasn't any thing there.
bhtooefr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 4th, 2012, 06:15   #167
supton
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: 53/46/33

Does the DSG hold a gear? I had a rental Camry, and if you stepped on it, despite being in "sport" or "manual" mode, it would still drop down a gear. Or two.

I guess as I lower my anual driving a fluid change every 40k isn't so bad. [Dirt driveway precludes crawling under the car. Or doing much of anything on my car, really.] But that would still be 6 fluid changes to the two that I've done thus far on my car.
supton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 16th, 2012, 16:05   #168
FredS
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: 00 NB-39, 01 Golf-41, 94 Toy-30

Wouldn't Americans have to stop buying cars only offered as autos, to get anyone's attention? Seriously, if they're selling, who's going to tell them noone wants them.
There's always times/reasons/situations where the auto is more favorable than a manual. But pure driving enthusiasts would probably rather have a manual, vs any controlled transmission. Where's the fun in not shifting.
Do we seriously think what the high-end cars are getting will become the norm for all other cars.
Like someone else stated, certain markets wouldn't work trying to force more expense auto options on them. But if the manufactures only offer an auto, what choice do we get then.

PS: Don't get me wrong. Building expensive automatics has been beneficial to me over the last several years, so as long as they keep making them, someone will pay to have them fixed or upgraded.
94 Toyota Ex-Cab 4x4 (01 ALH) TDTuning-Stg4, PP764s, SBC Custom Clutch, 17/22, 3bar MAP

Last edited by FredS; April 16th, 2012 at 16:08.
FredS is online now   Reply With Quote