www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums TDIFAQ Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2014 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > TDI Model Specific Discussions Areas > Audi A3

Audi A3 Discussions area for Audi A3 TDI (2010+ in Canada & the US).

Old March 29th, 2012, 19:00   #1
Roshermoore
Veteran Member

Default Carefree Maintenance?

Currently, I'm driving an 09 TDI Jetta Sportwagen. I made the mistake of looking at the 12 A3 at the Dallas Auto Show this past weekend. Beautiful car!

My Jetta came with the Scheduled Maintenance for the first 36K miles or three years done at VW expense. Do Audi products come with the same or similar "Carefree Maintenance" for the first 3 years?

I know that the cost of this maintenance was included in the cost of my 09 Jetta, but the psychological factor of not having to pay for service for the first three years was a big positive. It could be the one item that would keep me from selling my Jetta and buying a new A3.

Info appreciated!!!!
09 Jetta Sportwagen, Blue Graphite Metallic, DSG, Sunroof, Rubber mats, Zeta Products body color side moldings, Body color door edge guards, VW front and rear Splash Guards, Clear rear bumper protector, 8" "Stubby" antenna. Build Date 11/08

Roshermoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 30th, 2012, 01:35   #2
UTAH
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roshermoore View Post
My Jetta came with the Scheduled Maintenance for the first 36K miles or three years done at VW expense. Do Audi products come with the same or similar "Carefree Maintenance" for the first 3 years?
No. But, the first service at 5,000 miles or 1 year is no additional cost.

Bill
UTAH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 30th, 2012, 11:49   #3
pushgears

TDI(s): 2012 A3 TDI
Fuel Economy: 38.2 mpg

...and for $750 you can purchase the "Audi Care" maintenance plan which covers routine maintenance up to the 45K servicing. It represents ~15%savings.
Interestingly (and hard to believe) my VW salesman told me that most new VW owners do not take advantage of the free servicing -
Old April 9th, 2012, 21:44   #4
maroonfrog1
Veteran Member

Thumbs up 25,000 mile service coming soon for mine

... I purchased my '11 A3 S-Line TDI from the dealer a few blocks from me -- it was one of their service loaners and had 9000 miles on it when I bought it. I purchased the service contract and rolled it into my deal. I'm about to cross the 25k mile mark and take it in for that service interval.

So far, the best thing about the program (at least at my dealer) is that I can simply call in and let them know of a problem and they'll set up an appt for me to bring it in. At approx. 20k miles, I began to hear a rattle in the liftgate and took it in. A screw in the liftgate had come loose. They fixed that, and then took care of the warranty work at the same time (software and isolation dampers for HP fuel lines).

My plan will take care of her til she gets to the 100k mark. Ought to be sufficiently broken in by then.

Last edited by maroonfrog1; April 9th, 2012 at 21:44. Reason: spelling
maroonfrog1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 8th, 2012, 00:20   #5
chetdi

Fuel Economy: 2012 A3 @ 38.8MPG, 2011 JSW @ 36.5MPG

My dealer threw in the $750 Carefree Maintenance plan for free, because another local Audi dealer had a special for my company where you'd get it for free, so the other one matched it. They didn't blink an eye. See if you can swing it.
chetdi is offline   Reply With Quote