www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2014 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > TDI Model Specific Discussions Areas > VW MKVI-A6 Golf family including Jetta SportWagen (~ 2010-2014)

VW MKVI-A6 Golf family including Jetta SportWagen (~ 2010-2014) Discussions area for A6/MkVI (2010-2014) Golf and Golf Wagons (Jetta Sportwagon in the USA).

Old March 12th, 2012, 12:49   #16
vw_leadfoot
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: ~6.4L/100km

As far as I have been told it is that is was ordered (thru ECS) early February and haven't heard anything to the contrary. I find it very unlikely that this part has been discontinued...perhaps discontinued at ECS but there are many folks in Europe that'll be ordering this part...

I know for a fact I need the 433 part but it was determining exactly what the suffix meant which is what had everyone here puzzled. I am 99% sure they have ordered the correct part.

I noticed Eurohitches site is back up and if you can order the spoiler thru them they only state GRU as paintable, and they don't list the full part number. I am sure they aren't any smarter than us when in comes to part numbers so it is evident they don't know either...

It would be great if someone with a EUROPEAN connection could go to a VW dealer and get the skinny on this info...maybe they can even order it for you and ship it to North America...
2010 Golf TDI SportWagen|2.0L DSG|Highline Trim Level|Deep Black Pearl|Black Leather|Pano-roof|Fog lights|Eibach Pro-Kit|H&R 24mm RSB|OEM Cargo Partition|BlackVue DR500GW-HD|SS Bumper Protector|SS Tips|SS Pedals|Aspherical Mirrors|Pinnacle Ceramic Tint 35F/15R|Chrome Rear Accent Strip|WeatherTech Digital Fit mats|Armadillo Skid Plate|Westfalia Euro Hitch with Custom Harness|17" Porto's - Michelin Pilot Sport A/S Plus|16" Bioline's - Michelin X-Ice Xi2

Last edited by vw_leadfoot; March 12th, 2012 at 12:55.
vw_leadfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 14th, 2012, 17:39   #17
ochoada

Yeah, I'm just too risk adverse with the car being under a month old to sink money into a part that no one can confirm is correct.....It would certainly be great to find someone who could decipher this puzzle. Can you suggest an appropriate place on the forum to solicit for some help from a European forum member?

Thanks!
ochoada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 18th, 2012, 08:28   #18
vw_leadfoot
Veteran Member

I HAVE DECIPHERED THE CODES!!! WooHoooooo

For the record ECS Tuning, screwed me over and discontinued the part after waiting 6 weeks for it...

As I stated above ETKA lists 3 possible spoilers for the MY 2010-2012, yet only one for the 2009, Part #12, 1K9 807 433B GRU. So I always assumed this was the correct part for my 2010 but was never exactly sure until now...

I have found a company in Germany that sells the parts but they only ship to European countries: Belgium, Denmark, Finland, Great Britain, Ireland, Italy, the Netherlands, Luxembourg, Austria, Poland, Portugal, Sweden, Switzerland, Spain, the Czech Republic and Hungary.

http://www.rameder.eu/en/Towbars/Acc...ed-ZB4774.html

Using the accessory codes provided in ETKA, here are the differences between the three parts:

__________________________________________________ ________________
OEM Part Number 1K9 807 433 B GRU
Rameder Part ZB4774
Cutout for Dual Exhaust, like we have in North America

__________________________________________________ __________
OEM Part Number 1K9 807 433 D GRU
Rameder Part ZB5864
Cutout for Downturned Exhaust tips

__________________________________________________ __________________________
OEM Part Number 1K9 807 433 F GRU
Rameder Part ZB5865
Cutout for Single Exhaust

I am now working on getting this shipped to a forwarder in Germany, who would then ship it to Canada....and from what I have calculated it actually isn't too costly. Of course I am hoping the body shop will be picking up all associated costs....

Will keep you posted...
2010 Golf TDI SportWagen|2.0L DSG|Highline Trim Level|Deep Black Pearl|Black Leather|Pano-roof|Fog lights|Eibach Pro-Kit|H&R 24mm RSB|OEM Cargo Partition|BlackVue DR500GW-HD|SS Bumper Protector|SS Tips|SS Pedals|Aspherical Mirrors|Pinnacle Ceramic Tint 35F/15R|Chrome Rear Accent Strip|WeatherTech Digital Fit mats|Armadillo Skid Plate|Westfalia Euro Hitch with Custom Harness|17" Porto's - Michelin Pilot Sport A/S Plus|16" Bioline's - Michelin X-Ice Xi2

Last edited by vw_leadfoot; March 18th, 2012 at 08:30.
Old March 21st, 2012, 19:51   #19
ochoada

Nice, I'm really sorry to hear about ECS. Would have been nice if they would have let you know....I'll keep tuned in to see how the transport from Germany goes.

Good luck, and thanks for all your effort!
Old March 21st, 2012, 20:22   #20
vw_leadfoot
Veteran Member

Actually I got an email yesterday, 5 days after I inquired, from parts4euro.com (Detroit) and they can order the part for me. This made me very happy! They gave me a shipped price to Canada of a little over $500 which I thought was pretty good and seeing that it is only one person to deal with, this route made more sense. I gave all the info to the body shop, it was approved by the insurance company today, so the part I have been told was ordered today. The new cover cap is still coming from ECS mid April. No idea on an ETA for the spoiler but if it comes by boat that'll be fine...I plan to let the body shop deal with it from here on in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by vw_leadfoot; March 22nd, 2012 at 06:36.
Old March 21st, 2012, 21:03   #21
ochoada

Not bad...Not bad at all.. Great work. Thanks again
Old March 29th, 2012, 21:12   #22
Reistdi

Any way someone can look up the part # for 2011 Golf 2Door? Wanting to install my Bosal hitch soon.

Thanks
Old April 5th, 2012, 18:55   #23
vw_leadfoot
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reistdi View Post
Any way someone can look up the part # for 2011 Golf 2Door? Wanting to install my Bosal hitch soon.

Thanks
Shoot me a PM as a reminder and I'll look it up on Monday for you on my work computer that has ETKA on it...

As the Bosal isn't OEM fellow member 'karltinsly' IIRC has one installed on his 09 JSW and the hole needed to be larger than the access panel provided...I believe for the wiring...search for the thread in the other forums.

Old April 5th, 2012, 19:36   #24
Reistdi

I searched and found my answer. Thanks for providing it a year ahead of time.

http://forums.tdiclub.com/showpost.php?p=3371272&postcount=20

What does the "H" "J" "K" "G" mean at the end of the part number?
Old April 6th, 2012, 03:30   #25
vw_leadfoot
Veteran Member

I surmise: Single exhaust, dual exhaust together, split exhaust and hidden exhaust.

Verify the PR code on the Rameder website.