www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2014 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > Meetings/ GTG/ Regional Discussions > West Coast Canada/USA

West Coast Canada/USA Local discussions for those on the West Coast of Canada and the US.

Old March 29th, 2012, 17:27   #1
scrichy84
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: 46.2 from the paper and pen.
Default In Anaheim on Vacation and threw a code, anyone with Vag-Com around?

As the title states, one the way here on Vacation I threw a code and got the old "Emissions workshop" on the MFD. If anyone around the Anaheim area has vag com to help me check the code it would be much appreciated. I will be here a couple more days, then I have a 1040 mile drive home.

Thanks all.
2006 Pkg. 2 TDI Jetta - BLACK: 2.5 inch straight pipe from cat back, 35% tint, GLI grille w/fogs, Green TDI badge, Monster mats, Gorilla Gear trunk liner, Euro Cupholder, LED Interior Lights, Yakima Roof Rack w/ Cargon Basket, Euro Taillights (Amber Club/Rear Fog), Alligator Custom Chip Tuning!

scrichy84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 29th, 2012, 18:09   #2
dlai
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: Up There

You're pretty close to Harv. Drive over there and I'm sure he can help you:

Wild Rose Motors, Ltd.
13253 Meyer Rd.
Whittier, CA 90605

Chainless Since 4/22/09
dlai is online now   Reply With Quote
Old March 29th, 2012, 20:19   #3
scrichy84
Veteran Member

Thanks dlai! I'll give him a call tomorrow, hopefully he will be around on Saturday as tomorrow I will be chillin with Mickey and Minnie.
2006 Pkg. 2 TDI Jetta - BLACK: 2.5 inch straight pipe from cat back, 35% tint, GLI grille w/fogs, Green TDI badge, Monster mats, Gorilla Gear trunk liner, Euro Cupholder, LED Interior Lights, Yakima Roof Rack w/ Cargon Basket, Euro Taillights (Amber Club/Rear Fog), Alligator Custom Chip Tuning!

Old March 31st, 2012, 10:54   #4
psd1
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: See Fuelly link

Can you stop by an O'reillys or something? Don't normal OBD readers read VW code? Hope your weather was better than ours, we left Magic Mt earlier this week and lost a day to rain.

psd1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 31st, 2012, 14:08   #5
scrichy84
Veteran Member

I tried AutoZone and OReilly's, but apparently it is CA and Hawaii law that the auto parts stores can't read codes...but come to find out, the tune I bought back in '07 from Kerma can with a QLoader that is able to read codes. I don't use it much, but I dusted it off this morning and played around with it, reading and clearing the code.

The weather has been better than Portland, but we are all done with Disney, so with the rain coming in, we are blowing this popsickle stand in the morning.

Old March 31st, 2012, 16:47   #6
marleyi

Fuel Economy: 43 mpg

Pep boys will scan codes in CA for free, just have to be part of their rewards program. I moved out to Ca from TX and think that's an insanely stupid law. Most places will loan you their scanner as well but won't check it for you.
marleyi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 1st, 2012, 15:57   #7
Digital Corpus
Veteran Member

Wish I saw this sooner. I work at the land with the mice...
Old April 2nd, 2012, 10:32   #8
scrichy84
Veteran Member

Thanks all. I had taken my tune off for the drive down to Cali, and put it back on for the drive home (fun all over again). Made it home last night after 1020 miles and 17 hours in a car with a 4 year and a 10 month old. Best part about the drive...no CEL.