TDI
2003 Jetta - Alaska Green (sold) / 2015 GTI 2.0T
Can you? Sure. Is it a correct oil? No.

What oil are you using now?

CStone

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta ALH 5sp.
YMMV, but I use Mobil Delvac 1 in all my diesels and have done so for years.

Joe_Meehan

Top Post Dawg
TDI
NB TDI, 2002.5, Silver
I doubt if it will give you enough additional mileage to make it worth the risk. But it is up to you.

dieseldave11

TDI
2002 Jetta

Dieselducky

Veteran Member
TDI
88 Jetta Diesel - 2000 Jetta TDI - 04 BMW M3 - 06 Kia Rio - F350 Superduty - 87 Buick GNX - Mobile Cranes
Last edited:

dieseldave11

TDI
2002 Jetta
oil

what type of oil and filter would you recomend for overall engine performance and fuel economy? i see in that link it says i could put mobil 1 0w30 in my car is that ok even though its a tdi like would there be any damage? and what type o oil filter is the best for tdi's? I am having trouble finding the code for the filter i need in my car

dieseldorf

Top Post Dawg
TDI
ex- 1996 wagon, ex-2000 Jetta
what type of oil and filter would you recomend for overall engine performance and fuel economy? i see in that link it says i could put mobil 1 0w30 in my car is that ok even though its a tdi like would there be any damage? and what type o oil filter is the best for tdi's? I am having trouble finding the code for the filter i need in my car
Dave, you're getting real hung up on this M1 0W30 which isn't the correct oil for a 2002 TDI.

Just about any 5W40 oil is perfectly suited for use year-round in the USA...even NJ.

Mahle makes the best filters.

If you want to do a 0W30, make it the Castrol product. It is certified for use in your car.

Welcome aboard!

Joe_Meehan

Top Post Dawg
TDI
NB TDI, 2002.5, Silver
what type of oil and filter would you recomend for overall engine performance and fuel economy?
I would check to see what VW recommends for your model and year car and make sure you only use oil that meets those recommendations.