www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums TDIFAQ Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2013 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > TDI Model Specific Discussions Areas > VW MKVI-A6 Golf family including Jetta SportWagen (~ 2010+)

VW MKVI-A6 Golf family including Jetta SportWagen (~ 2010+) Discussions area for A6/MkVI (2010+) Golf and Golf Wagons (Jetta Sportwagon in the USA).

Old March 27th, 2012, 08:34   #31
740GLE
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cogen Man View Post
It uses ABS. Called indirect TPMS.

As Alco stated he has metal stems.

2011 was the first MY of the JSW that used indirect system. All 2010's have direct system with metal stems.

"Whole new generation Passat will work with you to create outstanding new classic, defining a new pattern!"
740GLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 27th, 2012, 13:17   #32
veedubfreak
Veteran Member

TDI(s): 2011 golf

Quote:
Originally Posted by aja8888 View Post
I've been buying all our tires at Discount Tire for 20 years, and we had 5 cars running most of the time (4 cars now). I got to know the Manager of the local store pretty well, we play golf together in local benefit tournaments. They have treated me well over the years and I will continue my relationship with them, even if Tire Rack and others are a bit lower in price, etc.

In this economy, it's a good idea to maintain good relationships with local businesses if you want consistently good service.
Like I mentioned before, Discount will match just about any price, including online, and especially Tirerack. You trade shipping costs for sales tax is the only issue.
veedubfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 28th, 2012, 12:07   #33
KraftwerkB6
Veteran Member

TDI(s): 2010 JSW

Hell, i friend of mine too his E36 M3 to TireDiscounts I think, or maybe SSTire. Anyhoo. They were to replace the front and rear tires, which were supplied and marked as to which tire to wheel combo it should work. Smaller tires in the front, wider tires in the rear, smaller wheels in the front, wider wheels in the rear. almost most if not all BMW's, im not a bmw tech, only vw, so im not totally sure on all tire combos. BUT
They put the wider wheels on the front with smaller tires, and then smaller wheels on the rear with the wider tires. Stretch and Poke to the fullest lol.
After he picked it up, he didnt even sign the paper work, told them stright up they were Stupid ************ ers and had them fix the issue, refund him all the money, made a big enough stink about it, that the boss at corperate called him and he flat out said he will not use them anymore, tell everyone he knwos not to, and bla bla bla. They tried to give him so much free junk but none of it mattered.
crummy part is most BMW drivers who dont use us for tire issues, us them in town as well lol.
Old March 28th, 2012, 14:56   #34
veedubfreak
Veteran Member

TDI(s): 2011 golf

How do you even do something that stupid?
veedubfreak is offline   Reply With Quote