www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2014 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > Meetings/ GTG/ Regional Discussions > West Coast Canada/USA

West Coast Canada/USA Local discussions for those on the West Coast of Canada and the US.

Old March 27th, 2012, 12:25   #301
MAXRPM
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: 57 mpg driving like a granny on HWY-5 from LA to SF

Nice to see all of you, Justin, Matt and all, even though I know why Justin was a little cranky, he missed some of that starting fluid,(Knob creek),

Txs Anderew for a great GTG, as usual great Warehouse bay to work on our cars,

1/4 mile run----13.98 sec. @ 105.37 mph

DRIVERS FIRE COMPLETE KIT GTB2260VK
MAXRPM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 27th, 2012, 14:05   #302
02AutoWag
Veteran Member

OnePutt - Full wrath has not been realized yet, as the seats are still piled in the rear of the Golf. I'll get to experience it all once the new seats and I are comfortably banished to the garage. You may have a additional jug of oil or something with your name on it once these get installed.

NachtRitter - Thanks for the trade. Haven't gotten around to replacing it yet.

tomotdi - Best of luck finding an appropriate swap.

NFSTDI - Thank you for bringing the van full of keys and equipment. For everyone else reading, this is the guy to call for ANY key issues.

oldpoopie and Matt-98AHU - Jobs well done.

bleachedbora - My parts shelf is once again full.

NewTdi - I'd be more than happy to remove the vent guts from your car. Thanks for hosting the spot. Wish you could have made an appearance though.

Baumeister - That was a rough weekend for you. Hope you at least enjoy your work trip away from home.

Frankencar and crew - Always interesting to see what you've created.

If October is too far away for the next meet, would anyone be interested in donating to my "Concrete the Barn Floor" fund? If so, Marisa and I would be willing to entertain once again - bigger and better than the West Sac house though.
FOR SALE:
1998 New Beetle (minus 5-speed trans parts)
02AutoWag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 27th, 2012, 19:37   #303
cme4lyt
Veteran Member

TDI(s): 2006 NB TDi

You handle the concrete, I'll bring the lights.....deal ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by 02AutoWag View Post
OnePutt - Full wrath has not been realized yet, as the seats are still piled in the rear of the Golf. I'll get to experience it all once the new seats and I are comfortably banished to the garage. You may have a additional jug of oil or something with your name on it once these get installed.
NFSTDI - Thank you for bringing the van full of keys and equipment. For everyone else reading, this is the guy to call for ANY key issues.
NewTdi - I'd be more than happy to remove the vent guts from your car. Thanks for hosting the spot. Wish you could have made an appearance though.
Baumeister - That was a rough weekend for you. Hope you at least enjoy your work trip away from home.
If October is too far away for the next meet, would anyone be interested in donating to my "Concrete the Barn Floor" fund? If so, Marisa and I would be willing to entertain once again - bigger and better than the West Sac house though.
cme4lyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 27th, 2012, 21:22   #304
02AutoWag
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cme4lyt View Post
You handle the concrete, I'll bring the lights.....deal ?
I'm waiting for the published Mega Millions numbers. You'll be the second guy I call if my numbers hit. If they don't hit, donation of lights gladly accepted.
FOR SALE:
1998 New Beetle (minus 5-speed trans parts)
02AutoWag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 27th, 2012, 21:25   #305
Zippy_car
Trouble Maker

Fuel Economy: 42, 27.6, 23 - Subaru #'s

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankencar View Post
What a great GTG! Too bad we can't do this every weekend. ... Thanks Zippy the shirts are much needed to help spread the TDI word!

And here is a big show in September that needs a few TDI's to show up:
WaterWerks on the Bay 2012-San Francisco Richmond CA
If it happened every weekend, it wouldn't be as special.
thank you for your donations of shirt, but really we should be thanking Jetpuff for storing them (and not having a bonfire with them at this point! ) and Aaron for transporting them to every GTG trying to get rid of them!

We can not have disruptions/competitions to fest! oh no! not cool! :-P

Quote:
Originally Posted by NachtRitter View Post
- Zippy for helping (er, mostly doing) the steering wheel swap
You're very welcome, always happy to help. You did well popping off the second side yourself. Though just a note for everyone else... I've found a short aul to be far easier to pop off the airbag, than a flat head screwdriver. It just seems to work better for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baumeister View Post
There are not enough words for my gratitude to everyone...Zippy, I'm kinda shocked that your door panel didn't get pulled/fixed, if it's still an issue next time I will be glad to assist! I might even pick up the right tools and a few extra clips!
Meh, I had other priorities. And once the double shot of espresso wore off, I had no motivation to tackle anything extra. I was able to lube up the handles from the outside enough to hold it over for now. I'm not worried...for now.
I'm just glad that you were able to make it home in one piece given your state of calamity! All the best for next time. *fingers crossed* for no disasters.

Former mk4 jetta owner, turned Subaru mountain climber.
Zippy_car is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 27th, 2012, 21:25   #306
oldpoopie

Fuel Economy: whats that?

Id be in.... Im in mid concrete project for our house right now.
Quote:

Email me, justgrow@gmail.com
oldpoopie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 31st, 2012, 18:38   #307
NewTdi
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: 52/47/39

Quote:
I did make an appearance, early morning and from 8:15pm to 1:15am

278,00 miles and counting!
NewTdi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 31st, 2012, 18:42   #308
MarsBar
Veteran Member

TDI(s): 1996 B4V

Anybody with nothing to do today/tomorrow in the SJ/Campbell area? Hubby's wrenching on the B4V and we're having a helluva time with a few things. Could use an extra hand & brain or 2.

Last edited by MarsBar; March 31st, 2012 at 18:50.
MarsBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 1st, 2012, 00:16   #309
Baumeister
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: 57/46/42 on B20

For those that asked about my DIY seat re-upholstery job, the source for my leather seat kit was http://www.leatherseats.com Two-tone leather for front and back was $759 shipped. Very happy with all the interactions I had with them. They did include partial door card leather that I haven't installed yet, not sure that I will. Probably tackle the armrest cover first.
The directions in the CD/DVD version of the Bentley were key in figuring out how to disassemble/reassemble the front seats, removing the headrest guides, etc.
Baumeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 7th, 2012, 11:51   #310
NewTdi
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baumeister View Post
For those that asked about my DIY seat re-upholstery job, the source for my leather seat kit was http://www.leatherseats.com Two-tone leather for front and back was $759 shipped. Very happy with all the interactions I had with them. They did include partial door card leather that I haven't installed yet, not sure that I will. Probably tackle the armrest cover first.
The directions in the CD/DVD version of the Bentley were key in figuring out how to disassemble/reassemble the front seats, removing the headrest guides, etc.
Thanks for reposting the link, I will be looking at this in detail tomorrow. I think my car is due for an upgrade!

Old April 8th, 2012, 17:39   #311
Zippy_car
Trouble Maker

Fuel Economy: 42, 27.6, 23 - Subaru #'s

Good news... with all the work finally done.. I PASSED smog! woo hoo!
I've got an interesting OEM Cat/ 2.5" exhaust set up with RC2 and Sprint /205's. I had to replace the EGR/cooler for the visual check of course. And he didn't even do the snap test (which is good for me). But all went well. In-out-done!

I got my brakes done this weekend and found out I've got a torn outer CV boot on the passenger side and my injectors are slightly off balance. It never ends.... never ... ends.

Thanks to everyone to helped out and to Aaron for parts.

Former mk4 jetta owner, turned Subaru mountain climber.
Zippy_car is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 26th, 2012, 05:26   #312
NFSTDI

TDI(s): '98 Jetta
Fuel Economy: 39-44.75 MPG, cumulative average 39 MPG

Someone failed to pay for the key I supplied and programmed to their car. As a result, all members will now be asked to fill out a form, and pay in advance prior to my cutting, or programming any keys. The honor system is now dead, unless I know you, then I might make an exception.

It is sad when people do not do their part, but we must move on. Sorry to say, this person will never get the opportunity to get a deal on a key from me again. I do hope they do not ever lose their key, nor purchase another VW. If they do, they will find out just how much more everyone else charges for the services I perform.
2004 Ford E350 6 leaker
http://www.keysforcarsberkeley.com
NFSTDI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 26th, 2012, 08:08   #313
romad
Veteran Member

Ouch! I'm sure it wasn't deliberate, though.

However, I'm curious as to why you just didn't collect payment when you did the key?

BTW, can you also do Prius keys?

The fleet:
2005 Jetta Wagon "Cranberry" (bought July 2011)
2004 Toyota Prius (bought August 2004)
1990 Mazda Miata (bought July 1989)
romad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 26th, 2012, 10:17   #314
NewTdi
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFSTDI View Post
Someone failed to pay for the key I supplied and programmed to their car. As a result, all members will now be asked to fill out a form, and pay in advance prior to my cutting, or programming any keys. The honor system is now dead, unless I know you, then I might make an exception.

It is sad when people do not do their part, but we must move on. Sorry to say, this person will never get the opportunity to get a deal on a key from me again. I do hope they do not ever lose their key, nor purchase another VW. If they do, they will find out just how much more everyone else charges for the services I perform.
I passed by at 8:30 to pay you on behalf of the mystery person. If you pm me the total I will drop a check in the mailbox tomorrow morning about the same time or I can paypal you the funds. Sorry that happened ...

Old April 26th, 2012, 19:01   #315
kiva822
Veteran Member

alright...names...that is BS. Unbelievable.

Bola: 03 Wagon, RC2
03 Golf: Whitbread/RyanP GTB2056vk 2.5" Turboback EJ SMIC PD150 Intake & Tip 764's 11mm Peloquin w/ 3.14 R&P Eibach Pro System 20AE/Audi TT Brakes VWMikeL Tune

Disclaimer: all advice worth price charged
kiva822 is offline   Reply With Quote