www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums TDIFAQ Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2013 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > Picture Gallery/Specs of Members' TDIs > Jetta/Bora/Vento TDI Picture Gallery

Jetta/Bora/Vento TDI Picture Gallery Do you have a Jetta/Bora/or Vento TDI? If so write a message here describing it and insert a picture if you have one. If you don't have one on the computer, email me and I'll give you my address and I'll scan it for you. If you need web space for it, email me as well. Please make a short yet descriptive title for your vehicle.

Old December 27th, 2011, 08:51   #31
paddlepro42

Fuel Economy: 50 - 48

I like the zip ties holding on the bumper and fender liner! Haha just giving you a hard time BlueJ I hope mine will look as good as yours soon, great work.
Old January 21st, 2012, 09:01   #32
BoiseTDI
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: 42 combined

Nice mods you have going! I am just starting to mod my jetta so I don't know a whole lot. How do you know what Nozzles to go to? Also, did you just put a straight pipe for your mufflerectomy or did you also add a resonator?

I'd be interested in one of your custom knobs, let me know how much that would set me back with shipping to 40121. =)

Ventectomy, Panzer Plate, FrostHeater, Wolfy Wheels
BoiseTDI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 22nd, 2012, 05:14   #33
2000BlueJ
Veteran Member

TDI(s): 2000 Jetta
Fuel Economy: 53 best, worst 34

Thanks Boise! For my mufflerectomy it's just straight pipe and for 2.5" the in cabin drone for highway driving is very tolerable. I chose my nozzles based on a couple of my friends who have them, and it seems to be the general consensus for modded cars, and people who are just starting to mod theirs. I am happy with them, although i saw that the PP502s are the same price, little more flow and power so I might go to them this spring. My 520's dont smoke at all. As far as shift knobs I'm still playing with ideas for the adapter to incorperate the black sleeve that holds the boot to the oem knobs, but with work being so busy I havent had much time. As soon as I can run some off I will let you know!

I finally got my Amazon.com China fog lights in. I like the way they look, but as far as being actually used in fog, they're useless. They only project a beam about 2 feet in front of the car so I'm going to put something different lights in there so I can actually used them for the purpose I bought them for. Enough talk, pic time!

Is this common with these cars or would my Panzer plate have something to do with it? I cleaned it off that morning and that's how it looked when I got home from work.

VCDS and timing belt tools
2000BlueJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 26th, 2012, 12:40   #34
Countryboy07
Veteran Member

TDI(s): '02 Jetta

Must be a common thing with these cars because I have no skid plate and mine looks like that as well.
Old January 29th, 2012, 05:21   #35
2000BlueJ
Veteran Member

Countryboy are you still interested in a shifter knob if i can run off a few in a couple weeks?

Old January 29th, 2012, 07:32   #36
1854sailor
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: Great!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000BlueJ View Post
Is this common with these cars or would my Panzer plate have something to do with it? I cleaned it off that morning and that's how it looked when I got home from work.
You could totally eliminate that problem by moving south!

BTW, heres a link for some inexpensive center caps.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/4PCS-VW-JETT...ht_1951wt_1205

Last edited by 1854sailor; January 29th, 2012 at 16:18. Reason: Added link.
1854sailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 30th, 2012, 12:48   #37
Countryboy07
Veteran Member

TDI(s): '02 Jetta

I'm going to hold off for a little while... don't know which way I'm going to go yet. I think I may be switching to an Audi shifter...
Old February 28th, 2012, 13:16   #38
2000BlueJ
Veteran Member

Few updates.

Turbo was about to go, so replaced it with a stock size (I know I know...) Only reason I did that is I want the car running in good order so I can focus on my house for a bit and the few hundred I didnt spend on a 17 and adapter are buying my timing belt kit. Next year should bring some bigger performance stuff...

Got my souvenier from the old one

Picked up a tip from Rice Boys (pep boys) for $22

So long 2.5" turn down..

Hello dual 3.5" wide!

Bought a set of lights off craigslist so I can pull the inners out and Joey mod my lights with little down time on the car

Thats about it for now and probably for a while. Working on getting a new higher paying job so hopefully I can make some more fun stuff happen this summer

Old March 4th, 2012, 07:44   #39
BeccaTDI

TDI(s): 2002 Jetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1STGENFARMBOY View Post
I think it's time to machine some really cool center caps for the wheels.
Quote:
1stgen that's been on my mind for a while I just need to figure out how to mount them, and countryboy I am sure we can arrange something
theyre just plates that get glued on i think

should be super easy for you!

nice mods! wish mine was that pretty blue!
BeccaTDI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 4th, 2012, 08:28   #40
PeterV
HO5G Doyen & Zen Master

The Pipes will give you sooty butt..... I have had mine in 9 years (GHL) still get sooty.

Also look got GTGs especially at the HO5G in So NH. Get tuned here also.

Trusted TDI Mechanics Map || VCDS Locator ||

Last edited by PeterV; March 4th, 2012 at 08:30. Reason: info
PeterV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 4th, 2012, 16:19   #41
2000BlueJ
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeccaTDI View Post
theyre just plates that get glued on i think

should be super easy for you!

nice mods! wish mine was that pretty blue!
Thank you, it's actually a blue car with a maroon engine bay lol. The previous owners didn't like the red and when she got in a small fender bender they had it painted blue. Well, most of it..

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterV View Post
The Pipes will give you sooty butt..... I have had mine in 9 years (GHL) still get sooty.

Also look got GTGs especially at the HO5G in So NH. Get tuned here also.
Yeah I'm aware of the black butt, but thats ok. I wash my car all the time in the warmer months so it wont get too bad. Plus it hardly smokes. I wish i could have made it to the New Years HO5G but the girlyfriend was feeling under the weather. I got a new job that I start in a couple weeks which means more $$ so hopefully I can throw a tune in this summer. Good excuse to get a new clutch, right?

Old March 5th, 2012, 06:13   #42
79TA7.6
Veteran Member

Quote:
Finally got around to making my sphere shifter, and an adapter for the shift tower made out of 303 stainless.

I'm going to re make the adapter so that the boot sits flush and looks nicer. I'm going to try to use the oem back sleeve clamp thing too and I think I'm also going to make a few different styles because with the adapter and the M25x1.5 thread on it they can be interchangeable lol
I love this shift knob. What is the benefit of the adapter, besides being able to swap between knobs? Is this M25x1.5 a standard thread for knobs so if I find another I can use it too?

2003 Jetta 5 Speed 166K miles. Malone stage 1.5 clutch saver tune until I upgrade my clutch. Titan 502 big hole injectors. Ventectomy, EGR and cooler delete, Euro Switch, Home made custom HID.
79TA7.6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 5th, 2012, 11:28   #43
benIV
Veteran Member

very nice!
OCD TDICLUB MEMBER #6
2003 TDI Mafia Member

1981 Mercedes 300D 350K RIP
1974 VW Super Beetle convertible 200K+
benIV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 6th, 2012, 08:30   #44
2000BlueJ
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 79TA7.6 View Post
I love this shift knob. What is the benefit of the adapter, besides being able to swap between knobs? Is this M25x1.5 a standard thread for knobs so if I find another I can use it too?
The adapter is so the knob can be mounted without set screws in the ball. stock knobs use a clamp to hold it in place, so there are no threads to mount mine to. The M25 thread is just a random choice I made that was big enough to have a 13mm hole go through it to slip over the stock shift tower. This is 100% custom made

Quote:
Originally Posted by benIV View Post
very nice!
Thank you!

Old March 6th, 2012, 13:12   #45
BeccaTDI

TDI(s): 2002 Jetta

more blue pics!

(or is it too cold?)
BeccaTDI is offline   Reply With Quote