www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2014 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > TDI Model Specific Discussions Areas > VW MKV-A5 Golf/Jettas

VW MKV-A5 Golf/Jettas Discussions area for A5/MkV Jetta/Golf (2005/2006 PD and 2009 CR).

Old October 12th, 2011, 20:09   #16
Dieselmad

Yes the diesel is good quality. I use 50 ppm only.
Dieselmad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 13th, 2011, 12:42   #17
apples12
Veteran Member

check and change fuel filter, inspect all the fuel lines in the engine bay for perished rubber...i've been told the rubber in the hoses can potentially perish if concentrated screenwash is spilt on it...

ideally pour in a bottle of diesel additive, i use Forte diesel additive, poured in a whole bottle (designed to treat 100L of diesel) into my tank, filled up with 30L, ran this through and repeated this once more, the engine is now running much much much much smoother on a cold start, no more bucking bronco engine in the mornings!

get your car scanned for glow plug codes, do you have access to a vagcom?
apples12 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old October 14th, 2011, 08:12   #18
Bambur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieselmad View Post
@ Bambur how do one check the lift pump?
@Apples thanks for the tips. The guy where i bought the car from told me that he switched the ignition on and off a couple of times, then the car started better in the mornings. He believed that it was the glow plugs that needed to be heated again. So can it be a fuel pressure problem or a airlock in the diesel system or dirty filter(that i will check) or a faulty lift pump?
Whenever you switch the ignition key on, the lift pump in the tank is turned on for 1-2 seconds. If you unscrew the bleeding bolt on the fuel housing cap, you should see some fuel coming out. It's better to attach a peace of PVC hose to the bleeder and put it inside a bottle not to spill any fuel around. There might be no bleeding screw on your fuel filter cap, I have seen such cap variants too. Then you would need to remove the cap off the housing.

Here is my write-up on fuel filter element replace http://translate.google.com/translat...topic%3D103734. If you do a search, there is also a thread on this forum as well.
Bambur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 17th, 2011, 11:52   #19
Dieselmad

Thanks for all the info Bambur, i will try that.
Dieselmad is offline   Reply With Quote