www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums TDIFAQ Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2014 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > Meetings/ GTG/ Regional Discussions > Past TDIFests > TDIFest 2011

TDIFest 2011 Discussion about TDIFest 2011 on the Labour Day weekend (September 2-4th, 2011) in Lexington, KY.

Old September 6th, 2011, 18:14   #16
cevans
TDI Parts Ninja Vendor
w/Business number

We had a blast. Thanks for the great weekend to everyone that organized and spent time making this one happen.

And for all the east-coast members - I hope everyone made it back in one piece, I myself hit 16 hours straight of heavy rain, and at night with all the kickup from the trucks driving through it was white-knuckle to say the least. To top it off the PA turnpike was closed due to an accident in a tunnel, which just created a really great traffic jam.

Last edited by cevans; September 6th, 2011 at 18:21.
cevans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 6th, 2011, 18:15   #17
airwolf
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: 40 avg. 47 max

Bruce,

Thanks for a well put on fest. I have only been to two fests, my first one I was an actual planner so I really did not get to relax and 'enjoy' things. This one was definitely enjoyable. Knowing the amount of work that one of these takes, and how smoothly things seemed to go this year made it all the more enjoyable.

The wife and I are talking about going back to tour more of the horse country, we made to the horse park on Saturday, but did not get our fill. Also, want to hit a few more of the distilleries. We made to Woodford Reserve on Sunday. I was amazed at how 'rustic' the process was, I was expecting it to be much more sterile and automated.

Good times, and congratulations again on a well put on fest.

2006 Jetta TDI Shadow Blue Manual RC1+, minor vag-com tweaks,ScanGauge II, Newsouth Preformance Indigo EGT/Boost/Oil Temp gauges in a offset dash pod

TDIFest2009 Organizer! | TDIFest2012 Organizer!
airwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 6th, 2011, 18:29   #18
Shikaroka
Veteran Member

Thank you Bruce! And thanks to everyone who helped and attended. I had a good time and so did my buddy that I dragged along with me. We wish we could have been there the whole weekend.
Shikaroka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 7th, 2011, 14:13   #19
bhtooefr
ToofTek Inventor

Thank you for making this happen! Really, a great Fest that went quite smoothly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lug_Nut View Post
The really cool ToofTek made "Emperor's Clothes" injector fork risers only worked until someone pointed out that there wasn't any thing there.
bhtooefr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 7th, 2011, 20:14   #20
MayorDJQ
Veteran Member

Job well done, Bruce! Despite the heat and storms, it seemed to me that everything went off very well.

The pig roast was a good new item. Hopefully future Fests will continue with a similar community dinner Saturday evening.
MayorDJQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 7th, 2011, 20:42   #21
VW Derf
Administrator

Fuel Economy: 5.9L / 100km

Bruce and crew (and familiy of course). Awesome job. It was a lot of fun and you guys did an awsome job.
While it was hot on Saturday, I'm not sure how you did it but you held those rain drops off just long enough ensure the outdoor stuff was done before the monsoon arrive!

2010 Golf Highline Wagon (Blue Graphite Pearl)
Aspherical Mirrors

- Past VWs:
2003 Indigo Blue TDI Bora Wagon;1996.5 Black 2.sl0w Golf
VW Derf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 8th, 2011, 03:00   #22
bhtooefr
ToofTek Inventor

Quote:
Originally Posted by MayorDJQ View Post
The pig roast was a good new item. Hopefully future Fests will continue with a similar community dinner Saturday evening.
And, ending the scenic drive at the pig roast was an excellent touch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lug_Nut View Post
The really cool ToofTek made "Emperor's Clothes" injector fork risers only worked until someone pointed out that there wasn't any thing there.
bhtooefr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 8th, 2011, 06:18   #23
jjpilot

Fuel Economy: 45-52
Smile Great job !!!

THANK YOU Bruce and the entire crew for a great event. Sorry I could get to LEX Sat. but my time at the TDIFest on Sunday was GREAT...

Again THANK YOU.....

Dave
jjpilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 8th, 2011, 09:11   #24
tomo366
TDI Lifer

Fuel Economy: Old Passat 40 Mercedes 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by paramedick View Post

I don't have the numbers for other fests. I do know that this was very close to Cinci.
Without the bugs!
Thanks Bruce and crew!!

2013 Jetta Hybrid SEL Premium Frost Silver/Titan Black
1996 Passat TDI Storm Grey
1984 Mercedes 300D Blue/Green
tomo366 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 8th, 2011, 12:09   #25
jbleu101
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: 43 Avg for mixed driving

Bruce, You were great. The fest was great. The hotel was very nice, and very nice staff. We had a lot of space in the parking lot dedictated to TDI's which was pretty cool.
To many of you who played with and looked out for the safety of my daughter Grace, I thank you from the bottom of my heart. Clearly she is the light of my life, and watching her interact with all you strangers made me a very proud dad. We had a great time and would happily drive 2x as far next year.
Special thanks to Rachel for babysitting Saturday afternoon so I could actually go see some cars! You are a smart and kind young lady!
Rocketchip Stage II
Garrett VNT-17
Bosch T4 Transporter Injectors
VR 6 Clutch 18# flywheel
5 Speed, Cold Weather Package, TDI Heater
OEM Steel Skidplate, Audi TT front anti-sway bar
ON CCV, ON SS Filler Cap (MIA)
Vented, Coolant Migration Mod
50% Front, 38% Rear tint (OH Legal)
Euro Switch, Rear Fogs
GTI 25th AE headlights w/leveling
157,000 Miles 7/04/2010
bleu TDI
jbleu101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 8th, 2011, 18:56   #26
paramedick

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomo366 View Post
Without the bugs! Thanks Bruce and crew!!
Never gonna let me forget that, are you?

Jeff, Gracie was a joy. Always a smile and a playful flirt. The kisses and hugs at the banquet made it worthwhile! In about 12 years, you are in so much trouble........

As for the pig roast, I have to admit it worked out far better than expected. Original plans were to charge $10/head and have it at the county park pavilion in Versailles. Y'all were originally gonna get a drive past more major horse farms and Woodford Reserve on the way. I'd say you'd need a major sponsor to make it a free tradition. Don Jacobs saw my exploratory post, and stepped up. Dealer/VWoA ponied up $2K to pay the cookers for prep/sides. A fest organizer donated the pigs/pork.
paramedick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 8th, 2011, 19:13   #27
MayorDJQ
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbleu101 View Post
Bruce, You were great. The fest was great. The hotel was very nice, and very nice staff. We had a lot of space in the parking lot dedictated to TDI's which was pretty cool.
To many of you who played with and looked out for the safety of my daughter Grace, I thank you from the bottom of my heart. Clearly she is the light of my life, and watching her interact with all you strangers made me a very proud dad. We had a great time and would happily drive 2x as far next year.
Special thanks to Rachel for babysitting Saturday afternoon so I could actually go see some cars! You are a smart and kind young lady!
Was Grace the kid driving the elevator all day Saturday?
MayorDJQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 8th, 2011, 19:19   #28
Growler
Got Soot Vendor

No that was Diana, StealthTDIs Daughter. she was bored after coming off a 5000 mile roadtrip...
Growler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 8th, 2011, 19:23   #29
TDIDaveNH
Left Lane Coal Roller at Large

TDI(s): 1997 Passat

Bruce,
You have my sincere thanks to you and your team & family which pulled this off- As a first-time Fest goer, I was in need of enlightenment as to the nature and magnitude of labor that goes in to producing an undertaking such as this....you left a lasting impression. Very professional. Although I missed most of the action, I'd gladly travel to another fest no matter the distance that you'd be involved with.

All the best,
Dave Little

Oh, and thanks again for blessing deegingerkid's timing belt job- It went off without a hitch and she's all set for another 100K
Old September 9th, 2011, 12:11   #30
jbleu101
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: 43 Avg for mixed driving

Quote:
Originally Posted by MayorDJQ View Post
Was Grace the kid driving the elevator all day Saturday?

no, Amazingly she only did the elevator one time. She did however, take a dip in the fountain just in front of the elevators on Friday. The fountain was turned off and you could barely see the 5" of water. Over the wall she went. And then she cried! Kinda funny. maybe not to her.
Rocketchip Stage II
Garrett VNT-17
Bosch T4 Transporter Injectors
VR 6 Clutch 18# flywheel
5 Speed, Cold Weather Package, TDI Heater
OEM Steel Skidplate, Audi TT front anti-sway bar
ON CCV, ON SS Filler Cap (MIA)
Vented, Coolant Migration Mod
50% Front, 38% Rear tint (OH Legal)
Euro Switch, Rear Fogs
GTI 25th AE headlights w/leveling
157,000 Miles 7/04/2010