www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2014 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > VW TDI Discussion Areas > General VW Discussion

General VW Discussion This is a place for General VW topics (the company, not your vehicle). General topics about a specific vehicle should be posted in the General TDI Dicussion Forum sections for that vehicle platform. A4, A3 & B4, B5, etc.

Old May 8th, 2011, 16:29   #31
bhtooefr
ToofTek Inventor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seatman View Post
Is there anyone who's any good at website stuff and could maybe hyjack his sites as and when they appear so instead of going to his site it went to a warning page saying what a c**t he is.
Keep in mind that doing that is highly illegal. As in, potentially pound-me-in-the-ass federal prison illegal, not just white collar resort prison.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lug_Nut View Post
The really cool ToofTek made "Emperor's Clothes" injector fork risers only worked until someone pointed out that there wasn't any thing there.
bhtooefr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old May 8th, 2011, 17:13   #32
thebigarniedog
Master of the Obvious

Quote:
Originally Posted by BKmetz View Post
It's not practical to call China, and they don't care anyway.

I do not support policies that increase the cost of energy, since those policies unfairly and disproportionately increase the cost of food, clothing and necessities on the poor. Welcome to critical Thinking 101.
OCD TDICLUB MEMBER # 1
thebigarniedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 8th, 2011, 17:59   #33
MonsterTDI09
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhtooefr View Post
Keep in mind that doing that is highly illegal. As in, potentially pound-me-in-the-ass federal prison illegal, not just white collar resort prison.
Man you wouldn't take one for the cause To protect the endanger TDI from the evel Prothe

German engineers do things because they can,not because they should

http://www.dpfregeneration.com/
MonsterTDI09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 8th, 2011, 20:59   #34
Seatman
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: No idea

I think it's a bit unfair to call everything crap chinese, I like chicken fried rice

Seatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9th, 2011, 12:10   #35
740GLE
Veteran Member

well that too in time becomes crap

"Whole new generation Passat will work with you to create outstanding new classic, defining a new pattern!"
740GLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16th, 2011, 19:02   #36
DSL HED
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: Better than a gas engine

Wow, this guy has been screwing people for way too long. People should be highly suspicious of any commercial web site that uses Comic Sans as the primary font. When I first went to emiata.com a couple years ago (after reading about it here), I knew that the 1996 Geocities style layout and Comic Sans was a bad sign.
DSL HED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16th, 2011, 20:47   #37
edfcmc
Veteran Member

TDI(s): 2000, 5 spd

I wonder what his failure rate is on his parts:

IP
timing belts
turbos
edfcmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 7th, 2011, 18:29   #38
vze1j262

Fuel Economy: 45mpg
Default Junk from eMiata

I had the same thing happen to me with parts from that place. I bought another kit from I think impex and both my cars are running fine for about 2 yrs now.

BTW, I have my son showing me how to use this forum stuff. Tough on us old guys.

Forgive me for not replying to any messages in the past, if you remember who you are, 'cause I don't. I just could not figure this stuff out.

Love the site and the info is great.

Is someone still collecting MAF's? Please let me know.

Jim
vze1j262 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 7th, 2011, 21:10   #39
FireStorm005

Fuel Economy: 39,45,50(70mph)

I bought some "rebuilt" injectors for my '85 from them once, worked for a while then burned through 2 glow plugs (broke the ends off). When I took them to Seattle Injector they were not set at the correct pressure, 135bar NA and 155 Turbo and they were at 145bar. They also had nozzles that SI didn't recognize. Their bearings caused me oil pressure problems, the cylinder head the say is for all 1.6NA diesels with 12mm bolts has incorrect cam height, and they took nearly a year to send me an incorrect coolant flange. Oh well, Don't have the car anymore and will never deal with them ever again.

I do wonder however, how they get away with saying they are BBB A+ rated
FireStorm005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 7th, 2011, 22:14   #40
AARodriguez Corp.

Re BBB
It's all about the money...who pays BBB dues, consumers or businesses?
Old June 8th, 2011, 04:54   #41
manual_tranny
Smyth Performance- Intern

Fuel Economy: Is just one piece of the puzzle that is our bottomless appetite for oil. Cars donít have to be consumable. Instead of throwing them away, we can rebuild them, better. We have the technology.

The BBB needs to be shut down, it's totally bleeping useless.
manual_tranny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 8th, 2011, 05:42   #42
VeeDubTDI
Good Ol' Boy

Fuel Economy: see signature

New website: stuttgart-parts.com/ -- MADE IN CHINA!

A lot of his links are broken because he keeps changing his websites and doesn't update them properly. Dumbass.

Last edited by BKmetz; June 8th, 2011 at 07:54.
VeeDubTDI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 8th, 2011, 07:18   #43
AARodriguez Corp.

Volkswaparts.com is his next site
Old June 8th, 2011, 07:30   #44
bhtooefr
ToofTek Inventor

He's actually had that one for a while.

Hrm, maybe a googlebombing campaign is the best way to fight him - take all of the sites and nicknames that he's got, and googlebomb those keywords to go to a site documenting his "quality". Keep doing this as he comes up with new sites and nicknames.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lug_Nut View Post
The really cool ToofTek made "Emperor's Clothes" injector fork risers only worked until someone pointed out that there wasn't any thing there.
bhtooefr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old June 8th, 2011, 13:36   #45
SuburbanTDI
Veteran Member

I was amazed by this thread, especially since as a long time active member of Fred's I didn't really know he was out there - and such a stunning trail of destruction.

Sooo... I did a little research, he's famous for this throughout the internet and for years.

Sooo... I tied all of the aliases I could find together using multiple sources and documented as much as I could regarding his various front's. Many of which are either dropped or lay dormant for a period before resurrection.

Here's the thread dedicated to him and all of his various known fronts: http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=320500

My little contribution to the community, he may have not gotten me, but no doubt others before him might have if not for those who pointed out the pitfalls for me in the past.
SuburbanTDI is offline   Reply With Quote