FS: PDX 91 Jetta GLI TDI ALH Swap - rear ended, 50mpg, big turbo, must sell quickly

tongboy

Veteran Member
TDI
91 Jetta TDI Swap, 97 M3 LS1 Swap
SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD

seriously, it sold in under 48 hours

Hi All,
As some of you may have seen my beloved car that i've done many things with over the years was rear-ended a few weeks ago while my gf was driving it. It honestly isn't that bad of a rear end - the trunk is still intact, a few crease lines on the body and a beat up rear bumper + a few ancillary items - of course the insurance company of the driver who hit it wants to total it even after I've shown them my massive stack of receipts...

Anyways - I'd likely swap it over to a new shell and continue on loving the power & the efficiency but i'm going to be putting my house up on the market in about a week and don't want to have a pair of VW's in the driveway while i'm trying to sell the house - SO, I need to get this sold pretty quickly or I'll end up storing it at my parents place on the other side of town.

I want $4000 and i'm pretty firm on that price - you'll get receipts for the last two years that total 12.3k - NOT including the original swap motor & rebuild prices for the engine & related. You simply will not find a more complete ALH swap setup for a ce2 car. Anyone could easily part this for a nice profit - again, I don't have the space right now or I would without a hesitation.

Car runs and drives with no issues as-is, no weird noises, no fuel tank compression or anything like that - the only thing the accident did do was pop the V-band on the exhaust off at the turbo and break a rear rubber exhaust hanger - I'll probably put it back on, it didn't seem to bend the exhaust or turbo at all. Most of the bigger go fast parts have sub 3k miles on them - you can look in my build thread for install dates to support that.

The details...

Swap Parts:
99.5 mk4 ALH motor swap
motor was rebuilt by myself when the swap was originally done in my rabbit ~20k miles ago ~5 years ago
Frank06 cylinder head (He still didn't want to call it Frank's Head Shop :D)
100k timing belt kit & pulleys
2-hole head gasket (compression was purposely left a little low compared to stock spec via head gasket for more boost safety)
only drinks lubro moly after break in
new mk3 radiator, fans & condenser also from a mk3
runs on mk4 management - chipped by VWMikel
maintained original serp belt configuration
All new tdi motor mounts
mk3 k-frame & tdi engine mounts for proper engine orientation
all the little timing belt covers and what not have been replaced with original VW parts
I will also include the mk3/raddo lines, mk3 evaporator and related for the complete AC setup
cable shifted tranny with the nice laser cut bracket
factory parts for hydraulic clutch conversion
electronic throttle pedal installed to match stock mk2 pedal cluster
cruise control has worked previously (it does not work currently)
diesel fuel tank and new factory lines from the tank to the mk3 fuel filter with alh return style

Performance:
DFIS rebuilt 11mm pump (maybe 3k miles on it)
PD150 intake manifold
PD150 race pipe - EGR delete
VW Mikel maf-less tune
4-1 tubular turbo manifold
PD150 oil cooler
big VNT turbo (it wakes up late)
Race 520's (you'll get 4 spares - 1 is supposedly too dirty to use, have at it)
ARP TDI head studs
bumper mounted FMIC & 2.5" boost piping
ACN tdi tranny (The longest stock geared VW tranny)
G60 flywheel
Southbend stage 2 endurance (previously stage 3) clutch pack - all the appropriate parts were replaced during install
gruven parts short shift kit/reinforcement
TT cat back mated to custom 3" downpipe

Chassis:
the exterior isn't pretty - you'll see from the pictures when I had the body shop go over it with great care - it's a great 20ft car but was never meant to win shows - I drove it everyday and it was great for it
Complete good-condition recaro trophy interior - power fronts and they work. drivers seat has normal bolster wear, its not the worse you'll see - the rest of the seats & door cards are in good shape
sunroof does not leak
rare 85 slide adjustable front seat belts
cross drilled rotors on all 4 corners
fresh r32 front control arm bushings
all the tie rods, mounts, bushings, guides, etc throughout have been checked or replaced recently
almost new rubber on the 16" borbet type c's
FK street line coilovers
spare with complete toolkit
42dd mk2 radio delete gauge kit filled with VDO gauges - EGT, oil temp & boost
All power windows work
Power locks work
relatively new chinese door handles - have not installed the drivers door and have a broken rear one
no headliner
dash is in good shape
cluster works great
one of those old NOS all mk1 black golf ball shift knobs
Car had new speakers installed and I never got around to installing the deck - nice components up front and 6x9's in the rear that have never been run
autotech swaybar

Spares:
gruven parts shift cable repair block
magnetic tranny plug
Whatever G12 I have
Whatever lubro moly oil I have
center console with 7" LCD touchscreen
stock oil cooler
new mk2 heater core
mk4 ac compressor (mk3 is installed to support AC in mk2 chassis easier)
complete mk3 TDI wiring harness

You get ALL my VW stuff, from the misc bolts I have collected over the years, spare piping, sensors, relays, ALL of it - The trunk will be full and it's all included.

I know i'm forgetting plenty of things, If you have questions please ask, i'd like to see it go to someone that will do something cool with it.

Last edited:

BleachedBora

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
'81 DMC-12, '15 GL350 CDI 275 hp/448 tq - '81 Caddy CJAA, '05 E320 CDI 250hp/450 tq, '23 ID4 AWD Pro S Plus
Bump for a local!
Good luck!
-BB

tbeetham

TDI
85 jetta turbo diesel
tdi swap

hey I was just reading your post on your TDI swap Jetta I have a 85 Jetta turbo diesel with a seized motor that I was looking into doing a TDI swap I was wondering if you could give me some info or suggestions on sourcing a motor and if you would possibly be interested in doing the swap for me.let me know either way thank you