2011 JSW-TDI/DSG
Picked it up on 02-23-2011:

At the dealer:

With driving lights installed:

When I picked it up:

An hour after I picked it up:

It was cold:

24 hours after picking it up with 20% all around, 30% ceramic on the pano:

3M clear bra on front, nose and mirrors.

2011 DSG shifter:

Love it so far, drives great and loads of torque.

piney

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 JSW-TDI/DSG
Awesome. Way to equip your vehicle right off the bat.

Enjoy!
Thanks! I also have a Curt hitch to put on for the bike rack when I have time to do it. Wanted to buy everything up front to avoid the nickle and dimes later.

piney

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 JSW-TDI/DSG
Added this to the bumper to protect it from stuff invariably scuffing up the paint. Went with the SUV style, thicker plastic one.

09 + Volkswagen Jetta Wagon Rear Bumper Protector, part number Item# 5602-AD from www.zetaproducts.net, it was 47.95 with shipping. Seems to be OEM quality and goes on easy.

And a beach shot from this morning:

The splash guards from an close angle view:

Last edited:

piney

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 JSW-TDI/DSG
I think that will be the perfect item for ours and the large dogs we have.
It should do the trick. There are also clear bras available for that area of the bumper but those won't hold up to heavy scratches and canine nails like the tough black plastic will. The textured black plastic will also keep the fidos from slipping as they get in and out. The clear bra would get slippery to damp paws I'd imagine.

piney

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 JSW-TDI/DSG
For those of you who are interested, the part numbers for the driving lights and interior light switch are:

This is an update to the parts list - this comes from the parts folks at VW of Langhorne, PA:

Here are the parts you need to fit fog lamps on the 2011 Sportwagen with list prices

5K0-941-700-B HEADLIGHT 90.00
5K0-941-699-B HEADLIGHT 90.00
5K0-854-661-RYP GRILLE 80.00
5K0-854-662-RYP GRILL 80.00
1KM-052-400 WIRING 135.00

1K0-941-431-AL-REH SWITCH 122.00

Last edited:

piney

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 JSW-TDI/DSG
Here is the light switch that gets added when you order all the required parts to add the driving lights through the dealer:

Last edited:

flyguy38

TDI
2006 Jetta tdi
Silly question but, is this one of the prefered dealers? catering to us TDI'ers?
Cuz, I'm this close to selling my 2006 and getting a wagon. Seeing these pictures i need a towel to wipe the drool from my face.

Piney Nicely done!!

Last edited:

piney

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 JSW-TDI/DSG
Silly question but, is this one of the prefered dealers? catering to us TDI'ers?
Cuz, I'm this close to selling my 2006 and getting a wagon. Seeing these pictures i need a towel to wipe the drool from my face.

Piney Nicely done!!

Thanks! It is exactly the look I was going for and I've yet to see another one remotely like it.

Chris F is the #1 diesel sales person in the USA for VW. Unlike my local dealer, the #1 volume VW dealer in the country, Chris actually does what he says he will do. The total deal was so great that I flew up there to get it and drove it back & still saved quite a bit. Nobody will beat the price and his prices on accessories are also great. I'd get another from him for sure.

wreck111

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Porsche 991S 2014 2011 A3 TDI
Added this to the bumper to protect it from stuff invariably scuffing up the paint. Went with the SUV style, thicker plastic one.

09 + Volkswagen Jetta Wagon Rear Bumper Protector, part number Item# 5602-AD from www.zetaproducts.net, it was 47.95 with shipping. Seems to be OEM quality and goes on easy.

And a beach shot from this morning:

Great looking car, how do you find the heat and dark interior in Fl? Does the 30% on the roof help?
Thanks in advance.

piney

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 JSW-TDI/DSG
Great looking car, how do you find the heat and dark interior in Fl? Does the 30% on the roof help?
Thanks in advance.
Thanks. So far, it has not been an issue. The tint was done before I got the car back to Florida so I really have no baseline to compare it to. Fully tinted, it doesn't get hot inside. We do keep it garaged so we don't often get into a hot car - which would certainly impact the quickness of getting it cooled down. If we go to the beach or something, it does get hot inside but so does everything. Within a few miles, it cools down. I have a black Escape Hybrid and the JSW cools better than it does.

I drove it the other night to fuel up and really like the pano. I'm not used to seeing stars through the roof.

wreck111

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Porsche 991S 2014 2011 A3 TDI
Thanks for the reply, why such poor MPG. My A3 get over 44 average even my S5 gets 25 highway. Don't ask about city!

piney

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 JSW-TDI/DSG
Thanks for the reply, why such poor MPG. My A3 get over 44 average even my S5 gets 25 highway. Don't ask about city!
It is about 85% or more city driving with the AC on all the time. It is rather congested here so there is a lot of low speed or no speed time while sitting in traffic. Last weekend she took it up to Orlando and that tank yielded 32-33. The MPG is right at twice what the Odyssey Touring it replaced was getting.

For a reference, I have a 2010 Ford Escape Hybrid that does the same type of driving and it gets 22.5 when it is rated a whole lot higher.

av8r1973

TDI
Golf V, Candy White/Black
I love the Goals and they look great on your JSW. I found a similar '09 JSW (color combo and Goal rims) that I almost purchased in Arizona, but it had some winter miles on it. Those are the best looking rims for the car. I would love to find a set of the dark ones for my Candy White Jetta sedan. I think they would look wonderful on it.

Nice job getting the car the way you want it so quickly after leaving the dealer. You did a great job and it looks terrific!

piney

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 JSW-TDI/DSG
Thanks Piney...
No problem. NJ ain't known for its quality tinters.

Here is one from this morning down here in the mountains of NC. Am pleased to report 31.7 mpg with the skybox on it coming up from Ft Lauderdale yesterday. Average speed about 7 over, fully loaded with people and stuff.

mack505

TDI
2011 JSW 6M
I love it! I bought almost the same car the first week of March; don't have the GOALs and still stock.
I need to order that bumper protector ASAP, and the flaps will be coming soon. The driving lights are a must, but I need to save a little cash first. Probably won't bother with the tint up here in the north.
Good luck with it!

piney

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 JSW-TDI/DSG
Here is another picture from the road-trip. This was an awesome road to drive on, cuts from the Bryson City NC to Franklyn NC through the back roads.

Actually ran into another JSW/TDI owner while taking this picture. He was touring the same area as well.

piney

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 JSW-TDI/DSG
We took 28 from Fontana Village to Franklin to Highlands and then 64 to 178 and then down to Pickens on the way to Greenville. An awesome ride, just loved it.

geoman

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 tdi jetta wagon
got an 09 in the same colour and never considered a tint for the pano! thanks for the info on the rear bumper cover. did you install the curt? how was the cutting of the bumper/trim? got any close-ups? just about to install mud flaps and a curt. already put on the fogs, load bars and the thule boxter. nice to see somebody luvin' their wagon as much as i luuuuuv mine!

piney

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 JSW-TDI/DSG
got an 09 in the same colour and never considered a tint for the pano! thanks for the info on the rear bumper cover. did you install the curt? how was the cutting of the bumper/trim? got any close-ups? just about to install mud flaps and a curt. already put on the fogs, load bars and the thule boxter. nice to see somebody luvin' their wagon as much as i luuuuuv mine!
Thanks, I love the thing. I have the Curt in the garage and haven't gotten to it as it is too hot. I'll put it on around December. South Florida is HOT and humid. There are others here on this forum who have done it and posted pics, it is not supposed to be very involved - about a 40 minute job.

vdubdezl

Veteran Member
TDI
06 Jetta TDI 5MT, 05 Honda Odyssey EX-L
Nice wagen piney! Really like your wheel choice. Is your car platinum grey like ours? We are also planning tint and receiver hitch too. Maybe a sweet set of wheels later on.