www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2014 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > VW TDI Discussion Areas > OBD Scanners

OBD Scanners Discussions on using On Board Diagnostic (OBD) scanners/ Diagnostic Equipment related to TDIs

Old February 13th, 2009, 20:39   #1
Iniguez
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: Best thus far: 48 mpg
Default Can't find meaning of this code: PO000?

I have a SC, and a bit ago it threw the code PO000. That's the normal PO, three zeros. Didn't get to asking then b/c the car was soon out of service (leak in vacuum system). Just fixed her today, still throwing the code. Car's driving fine as far as I've noticed, and I can't find what PO000 means... Anybody got a clue?
"Elizabelle", the manual, silver, '03 Golf; has rolled 52K miles. AFE cold air intake, Aero Turbine muffler, and McNally boost/egt gauge installed; Lubrilon engine treatments in the works, Alligator tune and skid-plate due in the near future.

"Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves." -Albert Einstein

Iniguez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 13th, 2009, 20:42   #2
Bob_Fout
Oil Wanker

Auto or manual tranny?
Old February 13th, 2009, 21:05   #3
Iniguez
Veteran Member

Manual tranny.
"Elizabelle", the manual, silver, '03 Golf; has rolled 52K miles. AFE cold air intake, Aero Turbine muffler, and McNally boost/egt gauge installed; Lubrilon engine treatments in the works, Alligator tune and skid-plate due in the near future.

"Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves." -Albert Einstein

Old February 13th, 2009, 21:07   #4
Bob_Fout
Oil Wanker

PO000 is a code that OBDII can't figure out. Slap VAG-COM on and see what it shows.
Old February 13th, 2009, 21:44   #5
Iniguez
Veteran Member

K. Thanks- will do. Maybe I'll post on here what it was...

Old June 18th, 2009, 09:14   #6
rmay635703

TDI(s): 2002 Jetta
Default PO000 Code what the heck is it 02 Jetta TDI Automatic?

I just got my scanguage and am having trouble discerning one of the codes. at the moment an ECT and some glowplug work are in the works but I have an oddball code PO000 along with them I can't discern.

The PID's are
PID03=0000
PID04=0
PID05=28 WT F = 31
PIDoB=5e PSI=13.8
PIDoe=83 IGN=1
PIDoF=4E
PID10=0 GPH=.65

Only oddities with this car is that the transmission likes to stay in the highest gear when slowing down from a long trip causing lugging (if I don't come to a complete stop or downshift manually) but otherwise, OK.

I have also noticed a drop in MPG the last year or so mainly in town, highway is not effected noticably.

Any ideas what I should check, I have already printed off the very nice glowplug repair and test post and the post on the infamous PO118.

Otherwise this scanguage is very frustrating, without it I have managed around 62mpg on the very LONG slow trip to escanaba, trouble is with the guage it seems almost impossible to accelerate without crapping out the FE, what is the best way to accelerate? It seems even almost unnoticeable accelleration drops my MPG in half, it almost seems like you just take off rapidly and get to speed ASAP to get decent mileage since your MPGs suck terribly during accelleration down in the single digits.

Cheers
Ryan May
rmay635703 is offline   Reply With Quote