www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums TDIFAQ Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2014 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > Picture Gallery/Specs of Members' TDIs > New Beetle TDI Picture Gallery

New Beetle TDI Picture Gallery Do you have a New Beetle TDI? If so write a message here describing it and insert a picture if you have one. If you don't have one on the computer, email me and I'll give you my address and I'll scan it for you. If you need web space for it, email me as well. Please make a short yet descriptive title for your vehicle.

Closed Thread

Old November 2nd, 1999, 10:14   #1
BUG*PWR
RIP, Gone But Not Forgotten

Default BUG*PWR 1998 NB Tdi

New Beetle CT plate BUG*PWR Year: 98 black/black/TDI Packages: Sport, Conv, ABS, CD.Add on's ; Rear no drill spoiler, splash guards, side wind deflectors, fog light grills, Perfect fit bra, mirror bras, logo valve caps, logo mats, yellow calipers, silver pinstripe and NB list decale.

------------------
It ainít the horsepower itís the Torque !

..........|
........-^-
....-/_____\-
...(O\__o__/O)
...[#]oxxxo[#]

Old November 2nd, 1999, 15:07   #2
BeetleGo
Pre-Forum Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: 39/46, usually 41
Default Re: BUG*PWR 1998 NB Tdi

Whoa,

The bras on the front and mirrors work great on the black! Don't forget to remove them once in a while to avoid paint scratches/mildew from forming underneath.

Nice brakes, Man.
Old November 2nd, 1999, 15:10   #3
BeetleGo
Pre-Forum Veteran Member

P.S. Hey, ya missed a spot!
;-)
Old November 3rd, 1999, 08:10   #4
BUG*PWR

BeetleGo, Just incase your thinking of doing your calipers.

I painted mine back in April and they still look great. I talked to a lot of people at shows who had painted them also. You can by a kit for $50 to paint them . Or you can do like many of us did and just use Rustoleum. I used the Rustoleum brush on paint. No need to remove the calipers, just the wheels. Cleaned them first with brake cleaner and after they dried painted them with sunburst yellow. The paint flowed real nice, no brush marks when they dried. Actually they looked better than my friends, who paid $50 for the Folic Tech kit. His looks like they could use another coat were mine look solid yellow. It took me about 4 hrs totally. But I also cleaned each wheel front and back and waxed them while the paint was drying. I think waxing the wheels makes it eaiser to get that darn brake dust off.

[This message has been edited by BUG*PWR (edited November 09, 1999).]
Old November 3rd, 1999, 10:04   #5
BeetleGo
Pre-Forum Veteran Member

My car is white, so I don't think the yellow would look good, but I'm definitely tempted.

Say, fire engine red?

P.S. TVA still doesn't have the running boards available yet, but I'm going for the silver stone guards, fog lamp grills, and "TDI" logo as well, when they get them in.
Old November 3rd, 1999, 10:23   #6
BUG*PWR

BeetleGo, Send me an email and I'll return it with this really Kewl White NB pic you can use for a background. As for the fog light grills I made my own. Same as they sell at TVA here's how. Home Depot sells black plastic gutter screen 10í for $1.99. Cut a 4Ē dia. circle out of heavy cardboard for a pattern. Place the pattern over a piece of gutter screen and with tin snips or heavy sicors cut around the pattern. Waaa Laaa Fog light grills. You have enough material to make about 30 sets. You can even experiment by spray painting them. I did one pair in silver and they held up fairly well. I was giving sets out to all fellow Buglings at VW shows I attended this past summer.

------------------
It ainít the horsepower itís the Torque !

..........|
........-^-
....-/_____\-
...(O\__o__/O)
...[#]oxxxo[#]

[This message has been edited by BUG*PWR (edited November 04, 1999).]
Old November 3rd, 1999, 23:18   #7
Thomas Babb
Veteran Member

Hey BUG*PWR I did the same thing for those fog light grills! Seem to work fine. Great minds must think alike.
Old November 4th, 1999, 05:07   #8
Karl Roenick
Veteran Member

Sharp!
Old December 1st, 1999, 04:50   #9
BUG*PWR

Hey Buglings, I just noticed the back ordered splash guards are available again. But in black only through TVA. http://www.aiwana.com
Old December 7th, 1999, 10:20   #10
SkyPup

Nice photo shot with all the trees in the back ground, almost looks like that NB is flying! We have the black VW front bra on our white NB and I got the flower power bras for the read view mirrors for special effect. I also have the whole huge magnetic stick on peace signs, flowers, etc. for a total "Acid" effect.

Old February 29th, 2000, 18:23   #11
Norman
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: Oleo Margarine

We'll miss you, Gary. Rest in peace.
Old February 29th, 2000, 20:21   #12
RexSuzi

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Norman:
We'll miss you, Gary. Rest in peace.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Gary...we'll miss your posts to the NB list serve. Roswell won't be the same without you and Katie.

Suzanne and Junebug

------------------
Old February 29th, 2000, 21:20   #13
babybenz
Veteran Member

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by BUG*PWR:
BeetleGo, Just incase your thinking of doing your calipers.

I painted mine back in April and they still look great. I talked to a lot of people at shows who had painted them also. You can by a kit for $50 to paint them . Or you can do like many of us did and just use Rustoleum. I used the Rustoleum brush on paint. No need to remove the calipers, just the wheels. Cleaned them first with brake cleaner and after they dried painted them with sunburst yellow. The paint flowed real nice, no brush marks when they dried. Actually they looked better than my friends, who paid $50 for the Folic Tech kit. His looks like they could use another coat were mine look solid yellow. It took me about 4 hrs totally. But I also cleaned each wheel front and back and waxed them while the paint was drying. I think waxing the wheels makes it eaiser to get that darn brake dust off.

BUGPWR,,, How long did the yellow paint take to dry? how long for the entire project of painting?
dan,

[This message has been edited by BUG*PWR (edited November 09, 1999).]
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Old March 1st, 2000, 08:28   #14
Karl Roenick
Veteran Member

I'm very sad.
Old March 2nd, 2000, 06:33   #15
tomo366
TDI Lifer

Fuel Economy: Old Passat 40 Mercedes 20

I am truly saddened by the untimely passing of our friend and Fellow tdiclub member.
REST IN PEACE Gary you will be truly missed.
My deepest condolences to the family.
Tom Walker
Closed Thread