www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2014 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > Classifieds/For Sale/Wanted > Private TDI Items for Sale/Wanted

Private TDI Items for Sale/Wanted VW TDI/Diesel related items for wanted and for sale by private individuals. Group Buys and commercial posts should be in the "Vendor & GroupBuy" section.

Old March 22nd, 2009, 15:07   #1
Mardak

Default FS: Euro 1Z TDI engine (w/, w/o performance mTDI setup)

Hi guys. I'm reluctantly selling off some parts from my mTDI Caddy project to raise some cash for a house purchase. I have a 1Z 1.9L TDI engine, with or without a custom built high performance hybrid mTDI injection pump.

The engine is a very nice, European imported, German built 1Z TDI engine with only 120,000km (75k miles). The German built (vs. Mexican built) TDI's are typically good for 500,000+km. There is minimal EGR buildup. Comes with accessories, less turbo and exhaust manifold.

The custom mTDI injection pump is made from Euro parts as well, and has zero km on it since built. The pump is a hybrid of parts from a Fiat Croma 1.9TDi and a Kia Carnival 3.0L TDI. It has an 11mm head, with a 20mm main shaft, and an aggressive cam plate. A very nice setup...

$1600 for engine alone
$2200 for engine w/ custom mTDI pump

I can deliver for free anywhere within an hour's drive of Toronto. It's located in Welland, Ontario.

Pump:

Engine (Note: pump in pic is replaced with (MUCH better) above pump):

PM or email if interested.

Last edited by Mardak; March 27th, 2009 at 19:25.
Mardak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 26th, 2009, 21:51   #2
donDavide
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: 51/45/40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mardak
Hi guys. (Reluctantly) selling some of my mTDI project parts to buy a house. I have a very nice European imported (NOT Mexican) 1Z engine with 120,000km (70k miles). Complete, but without an injection pump (I have a custom mTDI pump, but would rather not sell it just yet). Located in Welland, Ontario. I can deliver it for free to anywhere within an hour of Toronto/Niagara.

EDIT: Asking $1600 Cdn.

1Z were in Passats so they were not in cars that were "Hencho En Mexico"
donDavide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 26th, 2009, 22:51   #3
jtanguay

TDI(s): Jetta

Hey Mark!

I think it was you who I bought a 1Z engine off of about 2-3 years ago. Well I finally got it all rebuilt and it runs pretty good! Three glow plugs were bad, but things like that are to be expected. I got Giles to build me an mTDI pump and it worked out great. I also used the K24 turbo from my 1.6TD and its nice and beefy! I'm currently in the process of installing a CTN transmission to take advantage of the massive amounts of low end torque this beast puts out.

The EGR buildup was horrible so I completely dissassembled it, cleaned it, and put it all back together with some help from a friend. All bearings replaced, new Geotz rings with total seal (pistons were still within spec so that was a great plus!!)

The crank gear was a little bit loose though, but thats also to be expected with engines not using the clutched pulley. Even with the TDI crank gear, they do 'rock' a bit because the damn crank bolt doesn't have enough clamping force.

Just thought I'd add that this guy is a great seller, and since these engines are from Europe, the internals are in great shape. I just tore it all down because I'm anal about certain things. Having no blowby with the total seal rings is excellent
jtanguay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 27th, 2009, 02:02   #4
Mardak

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtanguay
Hey Mark!

I think it was you who I bought a 1Z engine off of about 2-3 years ago. Well I finally got it all rebuilt and it runs pretty good! Three glow plugs were bad, but things like that are to be expected. I got Giles to build me an mTDI pump and it worked out great. I also used the K24 turbo from my 1.6TD and its nice and beefy! I'm currently in the process of installing a CTN transmission to take advantage of the massive amounts of low end torque this beast puts out.
Just thought I'd add that this guy is a great seller, and since these engines are from Europe, the internals are in great shape. I just tore it all down because I'm anal about certain things. Having no blowby with the total seal rings is excellent
Yup, it was me who sold you your engine. Thanks for the bump! This engine is even nicer than the one I sold you! Glad you got your project to the point where you're able to enjoy it! I'm taking a backwards step or two at the moment, but hopefully I can get going on it again after the house purchase...

Later!
Old March 27th, 2009, 19:28   #5
Mardak

I added my custom high performance mTDI pump to the sale. Check out the edited first post for details.
Old March 28th, 2009, 15:52   #6
Mardak

Sale pending...