Sunglass Holder Thingy!!!

Central Illinois,,, in front of my computer,,, 6 f
TDI
Passat 2005 Stonehedge Gray
Ok,,, just sold my 2005 Passat TDI wagon and now own a 2009 Jetta TDI Sportwagon... L O V E,,, I T ! ! !:D

BUT,,, I already miss my Sunglass Holder where the Assist handle was above the drivers head... I remember finding out about the Beetle having them and it was a simple swap...

What is the parts # for a Sunglass Holder like I had,,, as I HOPE,,, you can still get them and will fit the 2009 Jetta... :confused:

Last edited:

b554me

Veteran Member
TDI
Passat Turbocharged purchased in Costa Rica.

Part Number: 3B0857465BY20

Please check with your dealer for fitment.

Central Illinois,,, in front of my computer,,, 6 f
TDI
Passat 2005 Stonehedge Gray
b554me said:

Part Number: 3B0857465BY20

Please check with your dealer for fitment.
THANKS!!!

Do you know if the Passat and the Jetta are the same Grab Rail Parts #??? If they are,,, I would say a 98.7% chance this will work... :) I know in 2005 the Beetle and Passat were the same but was told they may be different on the Jetta after they went to the new style... :confused:

ncgudaitis

TDI
2009 JSW M6 Salsa Red
Sunglass holder

I recently bought a 2009 JSW TDI 6M Salsa Red and I traded in a 1999 Passat wagon. I too had the sunglass holder instead of the handle over the driver's seat and would like the same setup in Jetta. When I called my local parts department and gave them the parts number cited here, they said it won't work. Instead, they suggested a part to replace the plastic molding around the sunroof (which I guess is what they have in the SEL model). However, that part cost over $100. My question is did the part number cited here really work and if so, I'll just ignore their advice and order. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

BTW, I've very happy with the car. I'm getting use to the shifting thresholds...very different than my old Passat. And I really like having a diesel again and longer periods between routine maintenance.

P.S. I need the holder to be tan, not grey.

Last edited:

Gregm

TDI
2009 Jetta Sportwagon TDi
I would like a sunglass holder as well. If there's a factory part I would order it. Thanks

dzcad90

Rolex & gin
TDI
Jetta - 97 (RIP), '03 (Sold), '09
I think the answer to this question is obvious, but I'm asking anyways..

The JSW doesn't have a sunglass holder immediately aft of the sunroof control like the sedan?

I've never had one in my last two Jettas and I use mine every time I get in the car. I can see how it would be missed!

Tim$2

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 JSW
dzcad90 said:
IThe JSW doesn't have a sunglass holder immediately aft of the sunroof control like the sedan?
Nope, it's not there. Maybe the pano roof requires more room for it's controls? I'm not curious enough to open it up to find out.

ScottW

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 Passat Wagon TDI
I have a 2005 Passat and was told the sunglass holder for the Jetta will not fit my Passat. Bolt pattern slightly different.

Has anybody actually tried this out yet to verify if the Jetta sunglass holder will fit a B5.5 Passat?

Sprocket

Sprockette's hubby
TDI
2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit Eco Diesel, 2005 Passat Silverstone Grey, 1996 Passat Storm Grey
ScottW said:
I have a 2005 Passat and was told the sunglass holder for the Jetta will not fit my Passat. Bolt pattern slightly different.

Has anybody actually tried this out yet to verify if the Jetta sunglass holder will fit a B5.5 Passat?

This is where I got mine. At the time I bought it the price was $17.75. I don't know why it's so much more now.

https://www.worldimpex.com/item_detail.html?sku=71235

tothemax

Top Post Dawg
TDI
TDIs: 2003 Jetta, 2016 Q5 3.0
After reading your thread, I ordered one and just put it in.

What a great mod... neat place to store one's sunglasses.

Wish I had this a long time ago, I would not have broken one pairs of sun glasses.

Austincitylimits said:
Ok,,, just sold my 2005 Passat TDI wagon and now own a 2009 Jetta TDI Sportwagon... L O V E,,, I T ! ! !:D

BUT,,, I already miss my Sunglass Holder where the Assist handle was above the drivers head... I remember finding out about the Beetle having them and it was a simple swap...

What is the parts # for a Sunglass Holder like I had,,, as I HOPE,,, you can still get them and will fit the 2009 Jetta... :confused:

bagdwag

Banned
TDI
03 Jetta Wagon
I have this on my jetta and if someone wanted to trade me + $ I would gladly do it.. It is beige(tan) in color

otty

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Passat W8=>TDI swap, 4Motion Wagon, PD130(AVF) 6Speed Manual, 2006 Jetta MKIV PD(BEW) Wagon 5Speed Manual
Did you guys get your sunglasses holder from dubstopimports? Is it OEM? Quality at least?

Thinking of ordering one...

Dunhamjr

Veteran Member
TDI
none right now
just an FYI.
this site is still up and active and the price still shows $16.
with shipping it came out to $20.
soon we will see how it all turns out.
update:
just got an order cancellation from dubstop.
apparently they are having supply issues and i get a full refund for now, with the promise that i can buy later at a discount.

so i think i might just break down and get it from 1stvw or ecs.