www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2014 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > Classifieds/For Sale/Wanted > Vendor & GroupBuy items for sale

Vendor & GroupBuy items for sale VW TDI/Diesel related items for sale by vendors and Groupbuys. The only commercial posts to these forums are that of Vendors with TDI related equipment. To start a post, you must be a Registered Vendor. You may periodically post a note about products you may have for sale/services so long you indicate clearly you are from the company selling these products/services. The right to discontinue this practice & remove excessive posts remains with the operators of TDIClub. Please note there is also a webpage of TDI Vendors" Group-buys are permited if sponsored by a registered vendor.

Old May 4th, 2007, 22:53   #1
BleachedBora

Default Dual Diaphram Clutch Kit (& VR6) Group Buy

Hello all!
I was looking at the dual diaphram clutch kit last night, and I was really impressed with it. I know that it's used on many of the highly modded turbo VR6 and 1.8T cars without slippage, and I think that it would be a great choice for us TDIs. I spoke with my vendor today about it, saying that to get the word out I need some sort of group buy pricing. Between him and I we have knocked off $150 on the price of the kit. As long as I have at least 10 of them sold we can get the price. Usual price with the transmission stretch bolts is $795 shipped. I am offering them for this group buy only at $649 shipped with 6 pressure plate & 6 flywheel bolts and the transmission stretch bolt kit (it's usually $20 for the stretch bolts). Canadian buyers can get it for $725 USD shipped, I pay the customs fees.
My vendor is also watching this thread, and after the order goes in my price goes back up to the $795 price. Some know that in the past they have been able to take advantage of my soft heart and get a recently ended group buy price after the fact. DO NOT even try on this, because it will not happen.

The Dual Diaphram kits will be ordered from my vendor last week in June for a 1st week in July delivery date. Expect US or Canadian kits to arrive by July 14th. Canadian kits will be sent via FedEx ground (remember I am paying brokerage fees), but upon request I will send them 2-day air. If you are not in a hurry please allow me the extra $$ for my education .

June Special--Dual Diaphram Clutch kits:
As seen in my Bargain Bin--I offer the following for clutches:
~Clutch:
*All models (A3/B4 do not need bolt kits):
-SACHS VR6 clutch kit 1862393031 (Disc, Pressure Plate, Throwout bearing) (990 lb. clamp load) PN: 021198141 --- $199 shipped
-G60 or Lightened Flywheel 021105269B --- $195 shipped
-6 Flywheel & 6 Pressure plate bolts (included in all clutch kits) --- $20 shipped

---Clutch Kits (Include Disc, Pressure Plate, Throwout Bearing, Light or stock flywheel & 6 flywheel & PP Bolts as well as transmission stretch bolt kit (A4/A5 only))--
*Lightened flywheels are not recommended for a TDI due to excessive vibration and the fact that diesel cars do not rev as quickly as a gasser--and the only real reason for a lightened flywheel is to help the engine rev faster--hence, a lightened flywheel is not needed!
-G60 or Lightened Flywheel with SACHS 228mm VR6 clutch kit --- $399 shipped (Best seller) ($475 shipped to Canada FedEx with me picking up the duty fees)

*Note on the following upgrade kits:
I called up many of my vendors and looked into providing SPEC stage I, II etc... Come to find out that they have a lot of VR6 and 1.8T owners that return the kits because they fall apart on them. SPEC only carries Aluminum flywheels, which are too light for the TDI. Another thing they do is offer kits with your existing dual mass flywheel, which will potentially fall apart on you if you go with a lot of power. Regardless, because of that I have put together the following kits. All are handmade and tested at the factory. The Power clutch kit is really a mild improvement over the VR6, and is mostly offered as a middle ground. Interestingly enough however my vendor cautions that if you're a torque monster you should steer away from this and stick with either the VR6 or the steel back kit. Furthermore the billet kit is overkill unless you are a turbo VR6 developing over 500 hp. The best upgrade is the dual diaphram cover; it comes with a 20 lb. steel single mass flywheel, maintains stock driveability, and will more than handle any power and torque a TDI could ever throw at it. If you're wary about the VR6 then that's the way to go!

-G60 or Lightened FW & Power clutch kit with bolts (1150 lb. clamp load) --- $599 shipped ($649 to Canada--no duty fees)
-G60 or Lightened FW, dual diaphragm cover, steel back 228mm disc (1750 lb. clamp load) --- $649 shipped w/extra bolt kit (Recommended upgrade)
-G60 or Lightened FW, billet clutch cover, your choice steel or sintered 215mm disc (2000+ lb.) --- $1195 shipped ($1249 to Canada, again duty free)

--NOTE--
Many gurus state that this additional 6-bolt kit is required for all A4 & A5 clutch kits:
2x N10209603
2x N10268302
1x N10246603
1x N90597001
Included free of charge in all kits, otherwise available for $20 shipped

-A4/A5 Crankshaft seal 06A 103 171A --- $40 shipped
-A3/B4 Crankshaft seal 068 103 171F --- $40 shipped

Cheers!
-BB

Last edited by BleachedBora; June 19th, 2007 at 16:05.
BleachedBora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 7th, 2007, 19:50   #2
Fix_Until_Broke
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: 75.0/53.0/38.4

PM Sent
03 Jetta, Cat 2u, DG Steel SP w/MOGolf Mod, 3"DP, 4"EXH, EaBP110 Bypass, Euroswitch, ECodes, Driving Light, PD Lift Pump, R520's, RC5,RC6, TDTuning, Malone, ScanGaugeII, 3" TIP, 2" TOP, GTC1444VZ, 3 Bar MAP, VR6 MAF, Vented Fender Liner, Battery Cover Mod, 11mm, Monster Mats, 215/55/17 (27.9/53.0/75) Monthly MPG Links, Euro Trunk Latch, IDParts RSB, SDI or ALH Intake, ARL Ceramic Pistons, Rosten Rods, DRW, Wavetrac, SBC, FSD's, Beef Springs, Rebuilt Head, Recaro's, Colt II, DG Sigma 6, RMT200
Fix_Until_Broke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 7th, 2007, 20:21   #3
brew1
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: TDI 38-42 mpg, drive it like you stole it.

Very tempting.

I'd like to hear more about these dual diaphram clutch kits from someone thats been driving with one. Sounds like the best of both worlds if they retain stock drivability and are somewhat bulletproof.

Who is the manufacturer?

04 Audi 3.0 Wgn JHM ECU & TCM Tunes, 08 Jeep GC CRD Overland w/GDE Hot Tune
brew1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 8th, 2007, 15:49   #4
BleachedBora

The dual diaphram kit is imported by a performance clutch guy in England. He starts with a SACHS pressure plate and modifies everything from there. The disc has a steel back reinforcement with riveting to the center hub (e.g. it's more rigid than the VR6). Springs on the hub are more heavy duty. Pedal feel is just like with the VR6 setup. It bolts right in just like the VR6 kit would. Torque ratings are for around 400+ lb. feet--the turbo VR6s and highly modded 1.8Ts love this kit. It will be the next kit that goes in my car...
Cheers,
-BB

Last edited by BleachedBora; May 9th, 2007 at 16:28.
Old May 9th, 2007, 16:29   #5
BleachedBora

We have a list going! Thanks guys

Dual Diaphram Kit Signup Sheet
(Bold have already sent me payment)
1) Fix_until_broke '03 Jetta
2) Brew1 '03 Jetta
Old May 10th, 2007, 06:31   #6
mr.mindless
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: 44mpg

you've got PM
SOLD: '02 Galactic Blue Jetta TDI 5sp Sprint 764s, Aligator tune, Atlas skid plate, DG short shift, Nuespeed RSB, ASR ('03 ECU), 20th AE rear brakes, Class III hitch, 205/75r15 Grabber AT2s. Previously: 225/60r16 Blizzaks
mr.mindless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11th, 2007, 11:48   #7
BleachedBora

And answered--meanwhile here is a comparison pic!
-BB

Old May 12th, 2007, 17:33   #8
TDI_Convert
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: 50 mpg average

It figures! Just when I install the VR6/G60 kit.........

Bump for a great vendor!
Old May 12th, 2007, 18:54   #9
unitacx
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: as good as any other hybrid

So what is the advantage of this over a V6 kit?
unitacx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 12th, 2007, 20:13   #10
brew1
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: TDI 38-42 mpg, drive it like you stole it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by unitacx
So what is the advantage of this over a V6 kit?
If you do some research using the search function, you will find some members have gone beyond the limits of the the OEM VR6 kit and needed to upgrade again to a stronger clutch as they continued to mod their vehicles.

If your not planning additional mods, then you may be fine with the OEM VR6 setup, however if you may add further power mods, then you may want to consider this clutch, should be the last one you will need to install.

Pretty good package price as well.

04 Audi 3.0 Wgn JHM ECU & TCM Tunes, 08 Jeep GC CRD Overland w/GDE Hot Tune
brew1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 13th, 2007, 21:55   #11
Fix_Until_Broke
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: 75.0/53.0/38.4

Just got back from my first long highway drive with my newfound power (RC2 & PP502's). For the last couple weeks, I was unsure if I had a real clutch problem - just being optomistic. Noticed some hunting around in 3rd/4th when really getting after it - never spend enough time in 5th at speeds over 50 MPH to have any clutch issues.

I went to pass someone on the interstate before a gap closed up - stood on it in 5th (~2300 RPM) and the tach and boost gauge moved at the same speed in the same direction. SOaB - I guess my clutch problem is real (had this in the back of my mind, but kind of in denial - no question now).

Oh - and if you engage the cruise 5 MPH below the setpoint, it will slip the clutch for just a fraction of a second and then automatically stop trying. It must monitor slippage or RPM difference (only during cruise, as it'll let you slip it as much as you want on the pedal), but have wider tolerances than the A4 PD cars which have the 5th gear cruise problem.

7 more weeks....and more importantly, 8 more people to go!
03 Jetta, Cat 2u, DG Steel SP w/MOGolf Mod, 3"DP, 4"EXH, EaBP110 Bypass, Euroswitch, ECodes, Driving Light, PD Lift Pump, R520's, RC5,RC6, TDTuning, Malone, ScanGaugeII, 3" TIP, 2" TOP, GTC1444VZ, 3 Bar MAP, VR6 MAF, Vented Fender Liner, Battery Cover Mod, 11mm, Monster Mats, 215/55/17 (27.9/53.0/75) Monthly MPG Links, Euro Trunk Latch, IDParts RSB, SDI or ALH Intake, ARL Ceramic Pistons, Rosten Rods, DRW, Wavetrac, SBC, FSD's, Beef Springs, Rebuilt Head, Recaro's, Colt II, DG Sigma 6, RMT200
Fix_Until_Broke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15th, 2007, 14:57   #12
Sebpt
Veteran Member

Default Clutch kit

Please add me to the list for the G60/dual diaphram kit

Thanks
Sebastien
Sebpt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16th, 2007, 05:33   #13
mishkaya
Veteran Member

Please add me to the list for the following:
G60 or Lightened FW, dual diaphragm cover, steel back 228mm disc
Thanks
Mishkaya
Old May 16th, 2007, 12:20   #14
mr.mindless
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: 44mpg

I'll take the group buy kit with a standard weight flywheel - unless you can find a heavier one =)

I'll take the 20th AE rear brake upgrade from you BBBB at the same time too.
SOLD: '02 Galactic Blue Jetta TDI 5sp Sprint 764s, Aligator tune, Atlas skid plate, DG short shift, Nuespeed RSB, ASR ('03 ECU), 20th AE rear brakes, Class III hitch, 205/75r15 Grabber AT2s. Previously: 225/60r16 Blizzaks
mr.mindless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16th, 2007, 18:45   #15
BleachedBora

That makes 5! Cool, we're halfway!

Dual Diaphram Kit Signup Sheet--Standard G60 flywheels unless noted
(Bold have already sent me payment--makes things easier for me to track!)
1) Fix_until_broke '03 Jetta
2) Brew1 '03 Jetta
3) Sebpt '03 Jetta
4) mr.mindless '02 Jetta
+20th Anniversary rear brake upgrade kit
5) Mishkaya '06 Jetta